Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get "UNLIMITED" AA miles for less than $0.01 per mile

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2004, 8:00 am
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
Question: How soon do the 3rd Birthday Points.Com Celebration double points post? I just did a 1,000 Anything Points to AA Miles transfer in my Points Plus account, and only see the following confirmation:

04/22/04 POINTS.COM MILEAGE TRANSFER 465 465

No mention in my Points.Com account or AA account about the double miles promotion or 25% bonus for being a PointsPlus customer.

If I'm doing something wrong, I need to know, before I transfer points I'm still waiting to post for Ancestry.Com and ShareBuilder.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by burgerwars
Question: How soon do the 3rd Birthday Points.Com Celebration double points post? I just did a 1,000 Anything Points to AA Miles transfer in my Points Plus account, and only see the following confirmation:

04/22/04 POINTS.COM MILEAGE TRANSFER 465 465

No mention in my Points.Com account or AA account about the double miles promotion or 25% bonus for being a PointsPlus customer.

If I'm doing something wrong, I need to know, before I transfer points I'm still waiting to post for Ancestry.Com and ShareBuilder.
give it a few hours, it'll come!
here's my Ancestry and Premier Health:

Date Transaction Description Mileage Bonus Total

04/19/04 POINTS 3RD BIRTHDAY BONUS 0 1,719 1,719
04/19/04 POINTS.COM MILEAGE TRANSFER 1,375 0 1,375

not bad for ~10 minutes

milk it while it's there
Old Apr 23, 2004, 1:13 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, PC Ammbassador
I jumped on the band wagon...

After spending a few days of reading this and making notes I decided to give it a try. Everything is working out like a charm. I'm very pleased with how is working. I'm just waiting to see some posts. Keep the ideas rolling.

I did the plus points account, ancestry, premier health plus, and share builder.
I was looking at buying some stock anyways..this just gave me more of a push.

I haven't decided yet to use the pay pal thing. Thats my next step.

Thanks
Janet
Old Apr 23, 2004, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
Originally Posted by MazdaMP
give it a few hours, it'll come!
here's my Ancestry and Premier Health:

Date Transaction Description Mileage Bonus Total

04/19/04 POINTS 3RD BIRTHDAY BONUS 0 1,719 1,719
04/19/04 POINTS.COM MILEAGE TRANSFER 1,375 0 1,375
not bad for ~10 minutes
milk it while it's there
Upon re-reading Points.com website, it looks like the double-bonus applies only to 500 mile or more transactions. My 1,000 Points.com transaction only equaled 465 AA miles. So I might have jumped the gun a bit too soon. Next transactions will be bigger, so I should be OK. My advice for all is to wait on transfering until you have enough points to exceed 500 miles.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
WOW! I never thought I'd find something as confusing as ME!

This one has been a bit hard for me to decipher but I am thinking it may be time to jump into the game... I had not been using AA at all in the past several months so hardly cared about miles on them, to be completely honest... (been concentrating on my NWA and UA miles lately)

BUT I do now and I think I will have to print this thang out, figure it out for myself, and try to make a one-size-fits all everything document that can be posted on my web link. Yeah, for those of us out there who don't mind the length (but like to get this kind of info in one step by step shot complete with side notes and all the what ifs) such a thing would be helpful.

What web link you ask? Well, I am slowly compiling my own versions of such lengthy gigs and schemes onto a web site that I own so I can be like so many other travel related gurus and pretend to have all the answers and holy grails. (ha ha--yeah right. It's STILL too long, MM!). I currently use my link to display all the steps in one stop shop for that gift card gig (which I still think takes the cake in terms of free or near free mylez). Now, as I have mentioned, I may need to try this with this thread to try and make sense of it. So for those who dont know of my link, you should just visit the mileage buzz page and scroll thu that equally longgg thread (now there are 2 of them actually) on gift cards. Not that I am the end all be all of this kind of stuff or anything, but hey, wouldnt it be nice if some of these longer, more confusing ones were encapsulated into a one-stop shop kind of place? That is what my link is going to be about... I will begin this weekend perhaps.

Anyway, this particular gig looks good but I am already a points.com plus member and have an ebay account so I guess I can do some of it if everything checks out, but not some of the initial steps. Thanks to you all for the tips, and to burgerwars for the orig post!

MM
Old Apr 24, 2004, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
...on second thought, maybe I WONT do any of the above at all.

MM
Old Apr 24, 2004, 10:46 am

Programs: UAL IK, AA Gold, CO Silver
Hmmmmm.

Maybe I did something wrong. Here is what I did:

1. Set up a Anything Points account with ebay/paypal.

2. Signed up with Point.com and paid the 19.95 and got 2100 Ebay Anything Points.

3. Tried to transfer them to AA, and the "Calculate" shows that the 2100 points translates to 977 miles on AA.

4. So I went to the promotion page, and tried it from there, and got the following message:

"We are sorry, but this offer is not available to existing pointsplus members."

Don't understand; can someone help. ( I've not exercised that exchange yet)
Thanks,
Michael
Old Apr 24, 2004, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
The calculation and the confirmation of the exchange will only show 977 miles. When the miles post to your AAccount an additional line will appear for 1221 miles.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Anyone joining this discussion late should recognize that the premise of the initial posting...unlimited number of AA miles for one cent each...is unfortunately not correct. The original poster posted a correction in the thread, but did not edit the original posting to clarify.

There are some free-miles deals, and a one-time deal of 2100 miles for $20, and the possibility of some eBay / PayPal trickery to get lots of miles for very little cost, but you will not find in this thread a scheme to buy unlimited miles for $0.01 each. Dang!
Old Apr 24, 2004, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Anyone joining this discussion late should recognize that the premise of the initial posting...unlimited number of AA miles for one cent each...is unfortunately not correct. The original poster posted a correction in the thread, but did not edit the original posting to clarify.

There are some free-miles deals, and a one-time deal of 2100 miles for $20, and the possibility of some eBay / PayPal trickery to get lots of miles for very little cost, but you will not find in this thread a scheme to buy unlimited miles for $0.01 each. Dang!
Actually...

The eBay scheme yielded lots and lots of miles for less than $.01 per mile-- more like $.004 per mile-- and in the case of AsiaMiles, we got in the 6 figures of those miles for approx $.004 per mile. Until eBay/PayPal shut down our party.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 12:09 am

Programs: AA 2.88 MM-EXPlat, HHDiamond, SPG & Marriott Silver
Question How to Pay for ShareBuilder? Can I use my PayPal account?

I'd like to make the $5 transaction this Tuesday, but how to get them the money without costing additional fees? Since I followed a link thru eBay/PayPal to Sharebuilder, I'm hoping there's a way to transfer the money from PayPal into Sharebuilder.
Or, should I just write a check and wait for the next cycle?

Also, I joined PointsPlus thru the link with Fairmont Presidents Club (free) on Wednesday, but don't see any eBay Points yet. How long does it take to post?

I wish I had the stones to do the eBay auction game!
Old Apr 25, 2004, 12:24 am

You get the enrollment bounses only if you pay $$$ to become a PointsPlus member.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 12:29 am

Programs: AA 2.88 MM-EXPlat, HHDiamond, SPG & Marriott Silver
Aah, Duh!

Originally Posted by jakob
You get the enrollment bounses only if you pay $$$ to become a PointsPlus member.
Oh well, I guess if I sign up for all the other deals, there will still be plenty of AA miles

thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2004, 6:51 am

Smile

You guys are not making nearly enough money. Try this:

10K anything points=52,941 reserve america
52,941 reserve america=12,312 AA miles
12,312 AA miles doubled +25% bonus= 24,624+3078=27,002 miles

If everything I say is correct, I just reduced cost by over 60%. I knew that my business professors in college didn't appreciate me enough.

Last edited by hindukid; Apr 25, 2004 at 6:55 am
Old Apr 25, 2004, 7:20 am

Programs: (¯`'•.¸Hyatt Globalist * AA Gold * Delta Silver * Marriott Platinum * Hilton Gold¸.•'´¯)
Oh
I followed the link in the OP & accidently selected the 650 AAdvantage miles bonus instead of the 2100 Ebay Anything points bonus... emailing CS now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.