Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get "UNLIMITED" AA miles for less than $0.01 per mile

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2004, 6:53 am

Programs: AA LfGLD, HH Gold, PC Plt, Marriott Plt
Originally Posted by myefre
My miles for the membership posted this morning, 977+1221 bonus. I have also done Sharebuilder, New York Times and the PremierHealth. Those three I signed up for are 9000 points. So that should be 4186 miles plus the bonus of 5232 miles for a total of 9418 miles. I only consider I spent $2. The Sharebuilder was $4 plus $1 commission. The $4 I can get back or even make a little on since it is a stock. The New York Times I already read some and I always read the some paper anyways so I don't consider that an extra cost. The premier health was $1 non-refundable and I will cancel that as soon as the points show up. Not too bad. The bonus offer is until June 30 by the way.
I am think about signing up for the New York Times offer. Do you know if I take an electronic subscription will it count and get the points? Which subscription offer did you take?

Thanks,
Old Apr 18, 2004, 7:13 am

Programs: SPG HHonors
Arrow Steps to Sign Up

Originally Posted by LHSEN
I am a bit lost ... this is probably because I am not member of ebay nor points.com.

It would be very help if someone can walk me through step by step of what needed to be done in order to purchase 50,000 AA miles for less than $0.01. Maybe let's start with where to registered.
1. If you don't already have an ebay anything points account, you should sign up for this first at http://anythingpoints.ebay.com. It's free. Also, sign up for PayPal. PayPal is owned by ebay, and your points will show up there first.

2. Go to points.com and sign up for an account. You want the plus account that costs around $20. Select 2100 ebay anything points for your account opening bonus.

3. After that, just go to http://anythingpoints.ebay.com and start signing up for offers. You will use your ebay username to sign up for things. There are several offers that cost little to nothing including Ancestry.com and PremierHealth. The key is to cancel within the trial. Sharebuilder is also a good option for 5,000 ebay points (about 5000 AA miles!).

4. Sometime before June 30, 2004, go back to points.com and transfer all of your ebay anything points to AA miles. It is a little better than 1:1.

5. NOTE: You will not get a lot of bonus points for buying gift certs...see other posts above for more info, but in general, you WILL NOT get 10 points per $ spent; it is more like 1:1, so if you have a miles card that is also 1:1, it is the same type of value.

got it?

Last edited by ScottTexas; Apr 18, 2004 at 10:34 am
Old Apr 18, 2004, 8:55 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Thanks. Also read that I can purchase gift certs to get anything points - does that mean I also need to register for paypal?
Old Apr 18, 2004, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Originally Posted by Smart Monkey
I am think about signing up for the New York Times offer. Do you know if I take an electronic subscription will it count and get the points? Which subscription offer did you take?

Thanks,
I went to ebay and followed the links for the New York Times so that I would be sure to get the points. Then when I got to the New York Times site I signed up for weekly delivery.
Old Apr 18, 2004, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by LHSEN
Thanks. Also read that I can purchase gift certs to get anything points - does that mean I also need to register for paypal?
See above; I edited my post to answer your question.
Old Apr 18, 2004, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by kelly786
Hi! Signed up for points.com. Then from EBAY Anything points page clicked on link to earn 5000 points for Sharebuilder. Logged in to Sharebuilder with EBAY ID and clicked on link that says Start Here. However, at that point I get to a search page with "incredifind" in the URL. Tried several times--no luck.What am I doing wrong???
kelly786
In this case, it looks like a 404 error, either a bug on the referring page or the webserver that the page is pointing to on the sharebulder site is down.

Since the incredifind site popped up, You've also got some adware loaded: http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner...nd/index.phtml

Last edited by skofarrell; Apr 18, 2004 at 10:24 pm
Old Apr 18, 2004, 7:14 pm

Lightbulb Try Priceline.com also!

Just click on the link on the http://anythingpoints.ebay.com page to priceline.com. I got 1,500 ebay points for booking a hotel (that I need for an upcoming MR )and the points posted overnight. So far, I've got 3,600 ebay points.

Thanks, ebay, FT, and points.com!
Old Apr 19, 2004, 9:25 am

A mininum exchange of 500 miles into the AAdvantage program is required. A maxiumum of 50,000 bonus AAdvantage miles can be awarded to an American Airlines AAdvantage account. Valid through June 30, 2004.
phooey!
Old Apr 19, 2004, 9:39 am

MBNA Mastercard

The ebay MBNA mastercard gives 3,000 ebay anything points after first use. It earns 1 point / dollar. Not a bad idea to get 3,000 anything points (which then converts to more than 3,000 AA miles) quickly.

https://wwwn.applyonlinenow.com/USap..._MC=A000001GKJ
Old Apr 19, 2004, 9:56 am

Deleted because I am technologically challenged!

Last edited by galaba; Apr 19, 2004 at 10:03 am
Old Apr 19, 2004, 10:03 am
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Well, I signed up and then did the transfer from anything points to AA miles. There was nothing in there about any bonus. I assume that just shows up automatically after the transfer?
Old Apr 19, 2004, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
I opened my Points.Com Plus account using Fairmont Hotel's offer, joined Anything Points with my eBay account, opened up a ShareBuilder account using the link from eBay, and then put in a $5 order to buy $1 worth (a fractional share) of Midwest Air, which should complete tomorrow (ShareBuilder seems to only do transactions on Tuesday).
So does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get my 5,000 Anything Points?

And also, I just signed up for Premier Health Plus. I created a Citibank virtual account number with a $2 limit for that for the $1.00 30-day trial. So if they try to bill me further after I cancel, they'll be out of luck.

Last edited by burgerwars; Apr 19, 2004 at 6:32 pm
Old Apr 19, 2004, 9:01 pm

Location: Austin TX, AA Platinum for life (who will live longer, me or AAdvantage?)
Originally Posted by burgerwars
And also, I just signed up for Premier Health Plus. I created a Citibank virtual account number with a $2 limit for that for the $1.00 30-day trial. So if they try to bill me further after I cancel, they'll be out of luck.
Check with Citibank, only in that I've heard that some companies have agreements with health clubs that auto-bill you monthly. Apparently if your credit card number changes, the monthly charges also get moved over to the new card. I believe this was with AMEX, but, citibank may do that as well.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
Originally Posted by jeffo
Check with Citibank, only in that I've heard that some companies have agreements with health clubs that auto-bill you monthly. Apparently if your credit card number changes, the monthly charges also get moved over to the new card. I believe this was with AMEX, but, citibank may do that as well.
I hope not. I create these virtual account numbers on-the-fly on Citibank's website, where you can create a limit on the card from $1 on up. All virtual account numbers expire at the end of the following month, or I can shut them down at any time. They're all tied to my main credit card number, which I don't give out.

Citibank lets you create these account numbers to help you avoid any internet fraud. I just don't see how a company who I use these numbers with can justify billing more to my primary account. I don't see how they even could, since they don't have my main account number.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP- 2MM
Thumbs up

100K miles for UNDER 1 cent!!!! It does work!!!!

As much as I like this forum I would not do it with anybody from this forum unless you know they are good for a few thousand bucks.

If you have close friends that are into miles look into this:

To get the big points your best friend sells you stuff on eBay

The eBay fees for are as followed ($5000 item example):

$ 0.40 BuyItNow listing (Listing it at under $ 10 with $ 5K buy it now)
$ 86.81 Final Value ($26.81 for the first $ 1000 1.5%
afterwards)
$ 250 Fees (0.01 per point) offering the 5 points per $
spend (eBay doubles them to 10 points untill April 30th)
$145.30 PayPal Transaction Fees

$482.16 Total Fees

So that's a quick 50K eBay Points or 52325 AA Miles through eBay Points and another 5000 miles for using a mileage earning Credit Card

Have FUN

Keep in mind that the amount of Bonus miles you can get is limited to 50K. So no more than 100K to your account!

Do it eBay

Last edited by verse99; Apr 19, 2004 at 10:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.