Get "UNLIMITED" AA miles for less than $0.01 per mile

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2004, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Question

Originally Posted by JonNYC
I also got a ton of miles but...

It was a worrisome few days, but a very happy ending (I won't even admit how many miles I got from this.)
JonNYC, I was just thinking about getting into this. I was on the road all last week and did not have the time to organize everything. Should I assume from your post that it would be a risky endeavor at this time?
Old Apr 22, 2004, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by vasantn
JonNYC, I was just thinking about getting into this. I was on the road all last week and did not have the time to organize everything. Should I assume from your post that it would be a risky endeavor at this time?
Yes. I yielded a very large number of very good miles (AsiaMiles.) But the method we used was "mutual auctions" on eBay and PayPal (who for some reason does the enforcement on these type of things) got very upset with us-- even after a PayPal supervisor gave us the "OK" last Friday. I had no idea what we were doing was improper-- neither did that PayPal CSR supervisor-- but eventually they ended up treating us in the same way as they would if someone was running a fraud ring on eBay. In the end, they saw things our way, we got our miles, and they cost very, very little. However if you ever want to use PayPal or eBay again, don't do it (or don't get caught, anyway.)
Old Apr 22, 2004, 2:43 pm

did any one see that ebays stock went up more than 10% today? do you thinks its bec all the fter's making these large purchases on ebay like $5000 for a pice of dental floss?
Old Apr 22, 2004, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
There is a more a convoluted way (involves multiple people, incl. Ebay seller, and several steps) someone could earn some Ebay points for transfer to AA at a reasonable cost. I'm not sure I should spell it out.
There was a reason I didn't spell this out on April 14th - when I alluded to it.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
There was a reason I didn't spell this out on April 14th - when I alluded to it.
Clearly keeping it quiet was the best course of action else we over run Ebay and PayPal. They still have no idea how lucrative the combined promotions are to us FT types. A BA Biz ticket for under 400usd!! LA - SYD in F for 850USD in PayPal/Ebay Fees.

One comment, a very much undocumented fact is the maximum Ebay allows you to transfer via points.com is 250,000 per calendar year.

I am just glad I got my points out.

rich
Old Apr 22, 2004, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
I have thought about the Ancestry promo but was a little concerned on the cancellation. The free trial is only 14 days and it is $100 after the trial. Has anyone had any experiences yet on this? Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2004, 9:46 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Arrow Hard Sell

Originally Posted by myefre
I have thought about the Ancestry promo but was a little concerned on the cancellation. The free trial is only 14 days and it is $100 after the trial. Has anyone had any experiences yet on this? Thanks
I did the ancestry.com promo. Points posted in two days, called to cancel, got a pretty hard sell to stay, but as usual I resisted the pressure.

Also got points posted in 2 days with Premier Health Plus and with the consumer credit report site. Canceled both, also got pressured to stay. Resisted, got my points, awaiting gas card which apparently already shipped.

Waiting for Sharebuilder. My $5 investment is scheduled to take place on Tuesday.

6000 points so far, 5000 to come - over 11,000 AA miles if things continue to go smoothly for under $30. Thanks to all who discovered and added suggestions for this deal! ^
Old Apr 22, 2004, 9:56 pm

I was able to cancel my ancestry.com account today as well, but was not pressured to stay. I did have to call a few times before I gave up being on hold (5-10 mins each time).
Old Apr 22, 2004, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP- 2MM
Ancestry.com press the number for sales on the menu... they'll transfer you and you hold for 30 seconds....

Anybody tried the Audible.com offer?

It sounds shady, but seems like you should be able to cancel?
Old Apr 22, 2004, 11:42 pm
Suspended

I hate Ebay. I hate Paypal.

But good luck with the cool ideas I'm reading in this thread!

Last edited by Cygnus X-1; Apr 22, 2004 at 11:45 pm
Old Apr 23, 2004, 12:19 am

i found a section on ancestry.com after i logged in, in the help/support/faq (forgot what it's exactly called), you couldcancel by sending them an email stating your acount name, phone number and stuff. it's pretty easy to find if you use search to find "cancel account".
Old Apr 23, 2004, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jakob
i found a section on ancestry.com after i logged in, in the help/support/faq (forgot what it's exactly called), you couldcancel by sending them an email stating your acount name, phone number and stuff. it's pretty easy to find if you use search to find "cancel account".

ancestry and premier health took about 10 min total to cancel via phone
just subscribed to the new york times, tooanyone know how to cancel that?look over the website but didnt find anything?!?

oh well, used a $15 citibank one-time use credit card (for all these offers)
Old Apr 23, 2004, 2:55 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by myefre

I got ancestry.com VERY quickly. It was only like 2 days. Definitely do it and then cancel quick. It will work out for you.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 3:02 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
I have a couple of questions RE the points.com transfers.

1. My first post with the 2100 points to miles went fine. The bonus and the base miles posted the same day. On my second transaction with ancestry and medline, the base miles have posted but not the bonus miles. Is there a delay, or can you only get the bonus once? I hope it's just a delay because I did my audio book thing today and sent 3000 more.

2. How long does it take Priceline to post? I just got a hotel room for tonight (CHEAP DOUBLETREE IN ATLANTA), and I want to transfer quickly. =) No need to waste any time.

3. Does anyone know if the New York Times internet edition will garner the same anything points as the paper edition. That isn't clear on the site.

If anyone can answer any or all of these questions, I'd be so grateful.

Thanks guys and happy flying.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 5:36 am

Programs: SPG HHonors
In answer to #2

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
I have a couple of questions RE the points.com transfers.

1. My first post with the 2100 points to miles went fine. The bonus and the base miles posted the same day. On my second transaction with ancestry and medline, the base miles have posted but not the bonus miles. Is there a delay, or can you only get the bonus once? I hope it's just a delay because I did my audio book thing today and sent 3000 more.

2. How long does it take Priceline to post? I just got a hotel room for tonight (CHEAP DOUBLETREE IN ATLANTA), and I want to transfer quickly. =) No need to waste any time.

3. Does anyone know if the New York Times internet edition will garner the same anything points as the paper edition. That isn't clear on the site.

If anyone can answer any or all of these questions, I'd be so grateful.

Thanks guys and happy flying.
Concerning p-line, the 1500 points post very quickly, most likely the second business day, if not the first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.