Wiki Posts
Search

Get "UNLIMITED" AA miles for less than $0.01 per mile

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2004, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by verse99
NOOOOO.... what have I done...????

In any case the math worked, but some of you got me a little scared now of having 5K stuck in PayPal and loosing my eBay feedback of 5000.

I did send the following message to eBay and will let you know what they respond....

Message: I understand friends or family members may not bid on once auctions in order to prevent proxy bidding.

However, is the following scenario allowed?

My friend sells me an Buy It Now item on eBay for $ 5000. I earn double eBay points with your promotion that I will than turn into AA Miles using points.com

eBay and PayPal still get almost $ 500 for this transaction in fees.

Let me know if eBay or PayPal would have a problem with this?

once again, withdraw the money immediatelly,
and you're good to go

now off to get the FW thread deleted (more than 40,000 members won't do good for this!)
Old Apr 20, 2004, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP- 2MM
Originally Posted by MazdaMP
once again, withdraw the money immediatelly,
and you're good to go

now off to get the FW thread deleted (more than 40,000 members won't do good for this!)

LOL... I'm just getting my wife set up with a verified PayPal account..... so I guess it's not even worth trying when it's ready in a couple of days.

note to myself - never post anything before you secured your own miles @:-)

PS: Have you gotten you 100K Miles ?
Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:10 am
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
OK, the transfer just showed up in my AA account. 977 miles. When does the bonus post? Is it supposed to post later, or did I get screwed?
Old Apr 21, 2004, 5:18 am

PayPal Diuble Speak

Originally Posted by verse99
NOOOOO.... what have I done...????

In any case the math worked, but some of you got me a little scared now of having 5K stuck in PayPal and loosing my eBay feedback of 5000.

I did send the following message to eBay and will let you know what they respond....

Even if you get an approval from PayPal/Ebay that is no assurance they will not try and freeze you account. It is a strange company.

Some of us have gotten at least 100K miles.
rich

Last edited by RichLond; Apr 21, 2004 at 5:22 am
Old Apr 21, 2004, 8:12 am
Suspended

deleted, post below

Last edited by JonNYC; Apr 21, 2004 at 10:39 am Reason: replaced by other post
Old Apr 21, 2004, 8:56 am

Remember PayPal does not like kindly on these auctions

Last edited by RichLond; Apr 21, 2004 at 10:05 am
Old Apr 21, 2004, 10:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RichLond
Even if you get an approval from PayPal/Ebay that is no assurance they will not try and freeze you account. It is a strange company.

Some of us have gotten at least 100K miles.
rich
I also got a ton of miles but...

Edited to add: PayPal has reversed the action they took (freezing my account) based on the fact that a PayPal CSR (supervisor I think) had given us tacit approval to run auctions specifically for the accumulation of anythingpoints (after all, we were paying for all the points and the eBay fees and the PayPal fees.) However, now, they were very clear that these kind of auctions are very, very against the rules and that eBay still might want to ban me. I will miss eBay-- but think of all the money I'll save.

It was a worrisome few days, but a very happy ending (I won't even admit how many miles I got from this.)

Thanks to:
MazdaMP -- For posting it.
RichLond -- For perfecting it (details to follow (maybe.))
holtju2 -- For the invaluable advice in dealing with PayPal.

And a thanks to PayPal as well for rectifying the situation.

Last edited by JonNYC; Apr 21, 2004 at 10:41 am
Old Apr 21, 2004, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonNYC
(I won't even admit how many miles I got from this.)

PM me ?
Old Apr 21, 2004, 11:12 am

Talking Emotions in Motion!!

Originally Posted by JonNYC
I also got a ton of miles but...

It was a worrisome few days, but a very happy ending (I won't even admit how many miles I got from this.)
From @:-) to to to all in 5 days... What fun...

rich
Old Apr 21, 2004, 11:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RichLond
From @:-) to to to all in 5 days... What fun...
I also went through a breif stage of . But now it's all ^^.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:00 am

Location: California, AA EXP,HH Gold,Hyatt Diamond, *wood PLT, Amex PLT,
So how do u know which points have posted?

I opened a points.com account and the first posting was for 2100 pts. That I know was for opening the acccount. After that, I subscribed to Ancestry.com, Sharebuilder and got a room thru the priceline link. Today my account shows 6000 points and I can't figure out which points got posted. Clicking on the points link doesn't help because it just takes you to the page to update and/or change your account.
kelly786
Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:04 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kelly786
I opened a points.com account and the first posting was for 2100 pts. That I know was for opening the acccount. After that, I subscribed to Ancestry.com, Sharebuilder and got a room thru the priceline link. Today my account shows 6000 points and I can't figure out which points got posted. Clicking on the points link doesn't help because it just takes you to the page to update and/or change your account.
kelly786

Log into your Paypal account, and you can see what transactions have posted. I'll bet it's everything but sharebuilder. My sharebuilder hasn't posted yet. But Ancestry.com and the medical one have.

Then, you can log into points.com and make the transfer.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Log into your Paypal account, and you can see what transactions have posted. I'll bet it's everything but sharebuilder. My sharebuilder hasn't posted yet. But Ancestry.com and the medical one have.

Then, you can log into points.com and make the transfer.
Anybody's ShareBuilder points post yet? I just enrolled Sunday with my $5 transaction done on Tuesday, so it's probably too early for me to complain yet.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:37 pm

What has everyone's average posting time been for Ancestry.com They haven't shown up yet and I am just wondering how long I should wait before looking into things.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:47 pm

I cannot find any mention of the ancestry.com offer on the website!?

The 1000 points and a $25 gas card for PremierHealthPlus requires a US postal address. If you agree to allow me to use your address and if you make the phone call to cancel, then you can keep the gas card for your troubles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.