Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get "UNLIMITED" AA miles for less than $0.01 per mile

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2004, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Hertz PC, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Does anyone know how long this points.com 3rd birthday bonus is valid for?
Old Apr 26, 2004, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA 2.88 MM-EXPlat, HHDiamond, SPG & Marriott Silver
June 30, 2004

Originally Posted by timetotravel
Does anyone know how long this points.com 3rd birthday bonus is valid for?
Old Apr 26, 2004, 2:21 pm

I thought I might be onto something with booking a hotel on priceline just for the ebay points. the cheapest room i saw on biddingfortravel was a 2* in Jacksonville South for $24. However, with service charge and taxes you would end up paying $33.27, so it's not worth it for the 1,500 ebay points.

I'm kicking myself because i just pricelined a hotel in milan last night and didn't investigate this until today.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by senor hamachi
I'm kicking myself because i just pricelined a hotel in milan last night and didn't investigate this until today.
I P/L a hotel room almost once a week and have been since last Sept! I'm sick imaging all the eBay anypoints I missed!

OTOH, I just found out that my favorite airport restaurant is part of aa.iDine. bingo, 600 point/dinners almost every week!
Old Apr 26, 2004, 4:07 pm

Socost:

Can you let us in on which airport resturant you are referring to? I think several of us would be interested on the off chance we fly through there regularly.

thanks
Old Apr 26, 2004, 6:14 pm

Of course! (It's an off-airport restaurant)

Originally Posted by Biblioman
Socost:

Can you let us in on which airport resturant you are referring to? I think several of us would be interested on the off chance we fly through there regularly. thanks
It's the Bamboo Grill at the 2* Park Plaza Hotel on 4th Street & Gish near SJC. They actually have really good food, all made in house. Dinner for two including one drink runs about $60 - $75 tax & tip. They almost always have a Prime Rib special for $15.

I usually stay at either the Hyatt or Doubletree and it's a very short drive to the restaurant.

Last edited by socoast; Apr 26, 2004 at 7:12 pm Reason: add that it's an off airport restaurant
Old Apr 26, 2004, 7:56 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, PC Ammbassador
Over all...

This Ebay/AA thing is awesome.

I'm very impressed with all the points that have posted so far on what I have done. For me it has just been the partners offers. Its hasn't cost me over 25 dollars so far...and just around 11k points in less then a week posted to my AA account.

How has everyone else done?

Any more tips would be awesome!!!!

Janet
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:19 pm

Now that I have registered at Sharebuilder, I guess I have to purchase stock for the points, huh?

Any suggestions on what I should buy? How much are you folks buying in for?
Old Apr 27, 2004, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
You can actually put just $5 into your account ... $4 for the transaction fee and $1 to buy a fractional share of anything.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 8:44 am

Cool deal, maybe I will by a buck's worth of Berkshire Hathaway!
Old Apr 27, 2004, 11:35 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
I paid for the points plus registration fee (19.95) with a credit card, however I had not signed up with paypal at that time. If I now add that card to paypal would i get the points. Is there a way to fix this so I do get the signup points? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 12:43 pm

Location: California, AA EXP,HH Gold,Hyatt Diamond, *wood PLT, Amex PLT,
Unhappy What's with Sharebuilder Points not posting???

Originally Posted by LAX21
Got my 1400 ancestry.com points 2 days after sign up
Got my 1500 ConsumerInfo credit report thingie also in about 2 days or so...
still waiting for the 5000 sharebuilder ones and for the 2500 Netflix and that should do it.
Also wondered about the ReserveAmerica extremely fishy exchange rates..hmm my instict tells me to stay away from it but my mileage instinct says otherwise... tough decision
I opened my account about a week ago and like you ancestry.com, priceline and others have posted and even been transferred to AA..But the sharebuilder points have not posted. Anyone in the same situation and is there an number to call??
Old Apr 27, 2004, 12:50 pm

Is this promo still a go as of today?
Old Apr 27, 2004, 1:08 pm

AA double miles promo ends June 30
Old Apr 27, 2004, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
if still doable, I'll jump in...

OK, so I finally printed out and read this entire thread. (Gee, and I thought I wrote a lot!) Anyway, I saw it go off into two directions (one for those who wish to go big, which is cool, and one remaining for those like me who intend to try for just the 10k+ deal, which is retty good for now).

Well, I think I 've got it. BUT then this email happened to come to me just today and you can see it pasted in below. I already have Ebay, Paypal and am already a member of pointsplus, although as you can see from the email, I find it is time to renew...

should I renew for the $19.95?

My plan was to instead just get a new PP membership with the fairmont gig so I can save that $20, and then just take advantage of shareholder points, do things like ancestry.com, etc and cancel these as I see points build.

Will this STILL work? Or could I even do some of those things right now with this existing account and then let it run out if done in time?

thanks! MM

-here is the email I got today:

Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:05:46 -0400
"Points.com Newsletter" <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]
Subject:
Renew now & receive a 500 - 2,100 mile bonus!

Dear ME [ PointsPlus Member ]

Renew now & receive
a 500 - 2,100 mile bonus!

Hope you had the chance to take advantage of our recent birthday promotion extending your PointsPlus membership until May 18th! Did you notice that our current promotions include additional perks for PointsPlus members – 25% additional bonus on miles traded to American Airlines as well as double entries into the 1,000,000 Mile Giveaway. We are working hard to create these types of special benefits for PointsPlus members in addition to the unlimited trades and auto-exchange service you already enjoy with this membership level.

As your expiration date is approaching, we want to let you know that there are multiple options to renew your membership this year. Try out our new Pay With Points service, or use a credit card and qualify to receive a bonus as high as 2,100 points1 from your favorite program.

The process to renew is simple, just Login, and select "Renewal" from "My Account" under the main menu. You will automatically be given the option to either Pay With Points or by credit card.

Pay With Points rates differ by partner and will range between 1500 - 3500 miles or points. Select the credit card option to see all of your bonus options. Find out more about the new Pay With Points feature in the exchange guide.

With a new look and feel, the Points.com website is even more user friendly this year - making those exchanges easier than ever. And with over 3,600 exchange options, and new partners like eBay Anything Points, JCPenney®, and Marriott International Inc, there are new and exciting opportunities up for grabs so renew now as the May 18th deadline is fast approaching!

See you soon,

Your Points.com team

This Points.com Mail is an exclusive service for Points.com members. If you wish to unsubscribe to this email, click here to login and update your email preferences. You are subscribed as [email protected].

To ensure that the "unsubscribe process" has been completed successfully please allow 10 business days. We do apologize for any interim emails that are received while we are updating our records.

1 Bonus Miles are only available to customers renewing their PointsPlus membership with a credit card.

In order to verify your personal information including your Email address and contact preferences please Login and select Edit Profile. All information is strictly confidential. We do not rent, sell, barter or trade member personal information.
This is a post only Email. Please do not reply to this Email.

JCPenney is not a sponsor of this promotion and is not affiliated with Points.com. The JCPenney® name and logo are registered trademarks of J. C. Penney Corporation, Inc.

AmericanAirlines and AAdvantage are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.

American Airlines reserves the right to change AAdvantage program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage program, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage.

Exchange rates may vary. Check points.com for current rates or for any questions related to these exchanges.

Legal Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Security Policy | Terms & Conditions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.