Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get "UNLIMITED" AA miles for less than $0.01 per mile

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2004, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by MazdaMP
anyone got a clue if it makes sense to close the account now?
i already have a brokerage account, and my $1 investment won't make me rich...i guess
Good luck closing this thing. Everything has to be sold off before this can be carried out, and that looks like it will cost you $16 or so. (again I ask myself, why would anyone seriously want one of these accounts in real life? How convenient to only trade only on tuesday! And yet, I guess I'll have a lifetime account!)
Old May 2, 2004, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wrightbrother
Good luck closing this thing. Everything has to be sold off before this can be carried out, and that looks like it will cost you $16 or so. (again I ask myself, why would anyone seriously want one of these accounts in real life? How convenient to only trade only on tuesday! And yet, I guess I'll have a lifetime account!)
yep, ameritrade only charges 10.99 a trade, much better than this crap
you also get real time courses and the ability to know how much you buy or sell your stock for
anyone want to open a real (ameritrade) account, PM me (shameless referral )
Old May 2, 2004, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Paul3456
I'm very happy to report that my ShareBuilder points posted in my PayPal account this morning 5/2. My first trade was this past Tuesday 4/27
Nothing posted for me yet. I was logged in and used the ebay links to 'join.'

I did Ancestry/Premier/Consumer Info on 4/27.

Sharebuilder - 1st trade on Tues.

I'm noticing that most people got a 2 day turnaround on the Ancestry/Premier/Consumer Info stuff. What, no weekends?????
Old May 2, 2004, 6:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Taxes?

At Points.com I just noticed it says when you exchange points for miles, frequent flier taxes will apply. Anybody know how much this is and how they get the $ from you? I'm hoping it's no more than what rental car or long distance companies charge? I tried to send them an e-mail with this question, but it wouldn't go through--technical difficulties.
Old May 2, 2004, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by coiaflyer
Help Needed!!

I purchased an ebay item two days ago. However I did not receive any points. I called paypal and they said that the seller has to offer the ability to earn points when they sell on ebay. Is this true? If so how do they offer the ability for someone to earn points. What do I do know?
When you sell something on eBay, you have the option of giving Anything Points as an incentive to the buyer - a rebate of sorts. When the auction ends, the seller gets charged for the points as part of his/her fees, and the buyer receives them.

The only way to earn Anything Points for buying on eBay is to buy from sellers who offer them.

Mike
Old May 2, 2004, 8:40 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Paul3456
I'm very happy to report that my ShareBuilder points posted in my PayPal account this morning 5/2. My first trade was this past Tuesday 4/27
Ditto.
Old May 2, 2004, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
One thing I did buy to get 3,000 Anything Points is a 12 week subscription to the Sunday New York Times. Today on the driveway I see the Sunday L.A. Daily News, which I don't subscribe to, next to my L.A. Times.
I figure the Daily News delivery person also delivers the New York Times for them, but made a mistake. I'll wait and see what next Sunday brings. If it's still the Daily News, I'll call the New York Times to cancel and request a refund, due to non-delivery/poor service.
I'm down to 100 Anything Points, since all has been transferred to AA. But in reading eBay's merchant rules, once points are issued by a merchant, they can't be reversed, even if an item is returned for a refund.
Old May 3, 2004, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Good use of the failures in any system, burgerwars! I like your style. Sometimes I wish more things went wrong in my deliveries of things so I could do that kind of thing more than I already do! (other times I am really glad they dont)

Anyway, I have easily canceled TWO of my sign ups that obtained easy AA miles in this complex gig.

It is indeed good to get out fast and do not lose focus. We all must remember that we only joined to get the points and nothing more! As said previously, the KEY is to cancel offers once awarded points!

1) called Premier Health at 830est this morning. I do not have an ID or any email that came with one (and never got charged on the debit card I used to sign up either). I just pressed the * key like 2 times or so and then got thru to a cs person right away.

I was asked to give my name and when I did she asked me if I knew someone named Scott Cucci. Don't ask me, but I do not and I told her so. "Oh, sorry. what can I help you with?" I then was asked to provide my full name and address and tel, which I did.

I told her that I was going ot be traveling and unhooking the internet for a long time so I regretfully needed to cancel but i liked what I saw on their service and would come back some day if it fit into my world. Sorry about that, I said, but it has to be done.

She understood and promptly said her name and ID number at work, and said I was canceled now. I asked if there was anything else I would need and she said no. I wrote it down on the printouts of the offer (which I recommend we all keep for a coupole months at least!)

Premeir Health: DONE. (My Miles had been moved from PayPal to AA and they are already in AA now, along with the bonus.)

2) called Ancestry.com. Took the smart advice of a poster in here who said to touch 1 for the sales dept so I did. Got right thru and said I was sorry but that I might have pushed the wrong number and my cell phone is all messed up blah blah... She said no problem and put me thru to that dept. IT said I would have to wait 7 minutes. IT was 8:35am. In 30seconds, a cs answered. I gave my email address on file and my name. I said I had to cancel and he said OK but wanted to just know why. I told him the same as above--that I am cleaning house and realized I cannot have all these accounts everywhere, but I would definitely come back. I praised the service... He understood and promptly cancelled me and provided a confirmation number/letters. I wrote it down. He said I would not be billed.

Ancestry: DONE.

total time: 10mins for both.

I will actually milk the consumer info gig for a bit longer because (A) I was trying to work on something in my credit and (B) it is only 8.95/mo so even if I broke my own rule and lost focus, I would not get killed here!

BUt I will cancel it. Dont you worry about that!

Shareholder: Miles not yet posted because I joined mid last week and so no trade happened yet. Not worried. Will get that later. But I gather people are unable to cancel? Is there a fee to cancel? Does it really matter if we just keep this account alive or should we get out somehow? Are there any fees to just have it and never use it again?

Please tell me if you know.

thanks! MM

+++++
my aa miles thus far (from 4500 paypal ebay anything points sent over Friday

04/30/04 POINTS 3RD BIRTHDAY BONUS 0 2,616 2,616
04/30/04 POINTS.COM MILEAGE TRANSFER 2,093 0 2,093

TOTAL MILES POSTED 2,093 2,616 4,709
(as you know, the bonus is the 2616)
Old May 3, 2004, 8:01 am

Upgrading to points plus and then getting 2,100 pts for a renewal worked. I don't see the renewal link any more. Anyone have a URL? Just checking.....
Old May 3, 2004, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

renewal would still be avail but points.com is fixing a glitch in their site which I actually brought to their attention.

If you read some of my one-after-another posts from late last week, you will see that in real time, I was typing things as they happened to me:

I went to renew, used POINTS to do it, their own rules stated that you could do this AND that if you renewe you GET more points.

i did not get the 2100 renewal points so I called them to protest. They eventually fixed my account but this made them discover an error in their wording.

So the manager told me they will soon put the renwal link back up there for other people but that they did have to tweak some things in their site now. So it did not hurt anyone but it could have. she gave me my points. In short I was knowingly able to use 1500 anything points to GET 2100!!!

Cant do that anymore but it was good for a while. Now you would have to either pay or use points to renew and that was the way it was supposed to be anyway but the wording was wrong on there.
Old May 3, 2004, 8:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier, *Wood, Marriott Silver Elite
Stock recommendation

Can anyone please recommend a stock that is less than a $1? And If I place my order today, will it go through tomorrow or next Tuesday?
Old May 3, 2004, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by asiaFT
Can anyone please recommend a stock that is less than a $1? And If I place my order today, will it go through tomorrow or next Tuesday?
buy BRK.A...a really small part of it
Old May 3, 2004, 11:40 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Hot Tip

Originally Posted by asiaFT
I recommend SpiffCo (SPFC).

$1 says you'll earn at least your money back by investing in a beer for the CEO. Investors will be paid back in like commodity.

You can't trade SPFC at Sharebuilder, but if you see something else you like, place your order by 1430 for it to go through today, otherwise it will go through next Tuesday.
Old May 3, 2004, 1:14 pm

I am missing my points for the consumerinfo. Has anyone been able to contact anyone to ask a question? I've sent an email to metareward, but they don't respond. Their phones go to voicemail. Ebay has 18 numbers at whitepages.com, and there's no answer at any of them. You can't send them an email unless it's about some item. Their live chat is always "busy". Arrrgh.
Old May 3, 2004, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

consumer info probably suffering a huge backlog due to the likes of us.

wait a bit longer if you can.

i ordered it wed the 27th, points.com was able to get them by 4-29/30, but I could not see the name ofthis posted item unless I clicked on details in paypal anything points section.

the number for the place is 888-721-6025 if you need to call them anyway, but i wuld wait a bit longer.

good luck!
print and save everything til WELL after it is cancelled. write everything down, keep it for months out, and you are fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.