Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get "UNLIMITED" AA miles for less than $0.01 per mile

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2004, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
Consumer Info gets you 1,500 points for your trial membership. That one proved useful to me, since I haven't looked at one of my credit reports in quite a while. One should check their reports once in a while for possible errors or to find out out about possible identity theft.

The ShareBuilder offer says it may take up to 20 days to receive your Anything Points. It has been one week for me since I signed up and did a transaction.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
The DirecTV offer is also interesting for 3,150 points. It says:

The Mini-Dish.com RISK-FREE Guarantee* You pay only $9.95 Shipping and Handling Your 1-4 Room DIRECTV System is FREE Professional installation is INCLUDED AT NO CHARGE (first 3 receivers) If for any reason you are unable to have your DIRECTV System installed (trees in the way, no line-of-sight to the satellite etc) Mini-Dish.com will pay for return shipping of the satellite system AND refund your original $9.95 S/H fee!
< stuff deleted, then: >
You agree to maintain a minimum programming package of Total Choice ($33.99/month) or above for 12 consecutive months (paid monthly, of course). ...It may take up to 5 days to receive your Anything Points.

From my reading, if you're sure they can't install the dish (e.g., there is a 40 story office building on the South side of your house blocking the sky), the installation person won't be able to install the dish. If that's the case, you'll get your $9.95 back, won't have to subscribe for a year, and you'll keep the points.

For my house, I know they can install, so I would have to subscribe for a whole year. But others here may be "unlucky ones" who can't get DirecTV.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 9:10 pm

Programs: SPG HHonors
Arrow Just got another Priceline.com 1500 points/miles

I just booked a hotel through Priceline for a couple of friends to get the 1500 ebay anything points which will translate to 1500 miles. They pay for the hotel, I get the points/miles. Thanks, FT!
Old Apr 27, 2004, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Went to http://anythingpoints.ebay.com. Joined that too tonight. I then checked the place where you get points (http://anythingpoints.ebay.com/getpoints.html) Did eventually find the one that leads you to some others like ancestry.com and offers like these look good. Also, many other things were just as people described them, just as this thread has so far indicated.

So it seems rather involved but rather easy too, if you are good at keeping up with records, which I think I am...

My suggestion for direct TV, you can get a landlord or even a few neighbors to write signed letters telling them they do not allow it in your house. Or get the town to do so for you. I was able to get out of an old contract of such by getting my friendly town clerk to put her A-OK on a letter I typed up because she felt bad that so many people in her town were getting roped into these DTV contracts a while bakc in my area.

Anyway, although this entire experience is seeming to be a test at how good we all are at CANCELING offers we signed up for to get points--but I do think there are still a few I will avoid. DTV is probably one of them. Others look harmless to me.

I have already signed up for a few as we speak. I did go with my existing pointsplus acct that I already happened to have, and so like a person who would have gotten a free one by having that fairmont hotel deal, I am already a member there. Cool. Well, no 2100pts unless I elect to renew with them, but that's ok for now.

I do however expect to eventually see these completed transactions come thru for me--hopefully soon:

Get Premier Health Plus & get 1000 Anything Points! (I guess I should be getting that $25 gas card in the mail soon too.) Then I think this too needs to be cancelled. I had to pay $1 to set it up... So I actually used a Charter One card with a few bucks left on it here from before the time we all figured out how to cash those out 100%! ha ha ha

Shareholders: Buy stocks for $4 and earn 5,000 Anything Points! (once I make a $4 transaction--for which I have yet to figure out HOW) Do I cancel this later or is there no need to really?

ConsumerInfo.com: 1,500Anything Points - Get a FREE copy of your Credit Report. (Indeed, I have been trying to FIX some issues on mine that are being a current pain so this is rather timely--COOL!) Will cancel the subscription to this site later as well, I think.

I am also about to do Ancestry.com and that would be another 1400pts.

That's 1k+5k+1.5k+1.4k= 8,900pts for about $5 and a nite's work. I THINK I have this going correctly, but who knows...

My lingering questions include:

If I also plan to buy ebay certs, which there is also an easy link for in paypal, who do I buy these for? Can't get 'em for myself, so who?

I mean, do I get them for my wife?

I am the only one with an ebay acct here at home. Dont want to get others involved yet nor do I have the money and time to deal with it on the big scale either. So can certs for someone like my wife be used in my buys on ebay or in paypal? I have no idea how these certs work. Can someone help? Rather confused on this one. Please help and tell me who to buy certs for in ebay/paypal using the "gift certificates/points" link.

2) As I said above, I've also opened the shareholders account for myself. Do I need to pay them anything now? What the heck should I invest in? How much? I admittedly have no experience in the world of investing--and I should. But now I have this and I think I need to at least make one $4 transaction to get those 5k points, right??

Account Type:
Individual

Investing Program:
ShareBuilder Basic

Did I do that right? Now I just go get some cheap stock at $4? I mean, I realize that with my shareholder points?getting something to show up in paypal acct, that is?will take a while, but I suppose that just by opening it up and making one $4 transaction (what do I transact?), I will get 5,000 points in there?

3) I just want to clarify how this all works in terms of being able to translate the points into miles like into AA miles: Are we just pretty much grabbing all kinds of little offers in there like this and that to add up to X thousand points? And in the end, we transfer them to AA before June 30??

So far it seems as though I have got all my ducks, but they sure aint in a row?yet.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 10:05 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
My suggestion for direct TV, you can get a landlord or even a few neighbors to write signed letters telling them they do not allow it in your house.
That would not work. It is a violation of federal law for a landlord or homeowners' association to prohibit you from putting a satellite dish on a house or apartment that you own or rent.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 11:33 pm

Smile Ftd

If you want to use FTD.COM to get ebay anything points, there is a trick that doubles the points (from 500/item to 1000/item)

On the ebay anything points page http://anythingpoints.ebay.com/getpoints.html , click the FTD.COM link. Once you get to FTD.COM, click the banner where it says 500 points/item. You are back to ebay with a 1000pts/item offer. Click this offer to FTD.COM, and you double your points.
Old Apr 28, 2004, 12:18 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I've just signed up for two offers - Sharebuilder and Ancestry. I linked from eBay's anythingpoints page. But neither offer asked me for my anythingpoints account number, which eBay's FAQs say that most offers require to properly credit points. So will my points post? I used the same e-mail address on these offers that my Paypal account is linked to.
Old Apr 28, 2004, 2:14 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the tip on FTD. I got those 1000 miles with a gift for my aunt's birthday. Very convenient! Any idea how long it takes the FTD miles to post?
Old Apr 28, 2004, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
wont do FTD because I think I can get flowers someplace else for a better deal (non miles or points place but a local shop that is better for me and my needs)

as for signing up for things to get points, I think if oy go thru the portals online, it will ask you to enter your EBAY access ID an dthat should prompt it to know you will get points later.
I printed EVERYTHING out last nite and since I did a few offers, I ent thru so much ink I have to factor in that cost as well.

anyway, anyone got a stock tip? What should be my first and only $4 shareholder transaction? Any ideas??

thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2004, 8:12 am

Lightbulb Renew Your Membership

It appears you can renew your points.com membership almost at will and get an added 2100 Ebay points for the 19.95 renewal fee!! Just remember the maximum 50000 points doubling!!!

rich
Old Apr 28, 2004, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichLond
It appears you can renew your points.com membership almost at will and get an added 2100 Ebay points for the 19.95 renewal fee!! Just remember the maximum 50000 points doubling!!!

rich
got a link for that?
after my first renewal, it stopped showing up
Old Apr 28, 2004, 8:21 am

The renewal option took a few days to re-appear. But it has done for me.

rich
Old Apr 28, 2004, 9:14 am

Thanks a lot for this thread, I'm using points.com to top off my AAdvantage account. I rarely fly them or their partners and this way I can get enough for an award.

Last edited by galaba; Apr 28, 2004 at 9:24 am
Old Apr 28, 2004, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Nice tip on the FTD, the cheapest item I found was $14.99. has anyone seen anything cheaper. The renewal of points membership is cool.

They fixed Reserve America. It can still be used to get a few hundred miles more but it can't be used to go back and forth with to get more and more miles.

Last edited by myefre; Apr 28, 2004 at 9:43 am
Old Apr 28, 2004, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Thumbs up The best second post!!!

Originally Posted by B747SP
If you want to use FTD.COM to get ebay anything points, there is a trick that doubles the points (from 500/item to 1000/item)

On the ebay anything points page http://anythingpoints.ebay.com/getpoints.html , click the FTD.COM link. Once you get to FTD.COM, click the banner where it says 500 points/item. You are back to ebay with a 1000pts/item offer. Click this offer to FTD.COM, and you double your points.
Great find, B747SP!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.