Wiki Posts
Search

Get "UNLIMITED" AA miles for less than $0.01 per mile

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2004, 7:28 am

__________________________________________________ _____________

Last edited by wrightbrother; Apr 25, 2004 at 8:08 am Reason: never mind
Old Apr 25, 2004, 8:43 am

I stopped reading this thread after the first day...another example of why it is important to keep reading the threads

Originally Posted by hindukid
You guys are not making nearly enough money. Try this:

10K anything points=52,941 reserve america
52,941 reserve america=12,312 AA miles
12,312 AA miles doubled +25% bonus= 24,624+3078=27,002 miles

If everything I say is correct, I just reduced cost by over 60%. I knew that my business professors in college didn't appreciate me enough.
reserve america? I've through this thread twice, and didn't see any other mention of it...

also, is it safe to assume that the ebay "mutual auctions" are a dead option, or do you think getting one ~$5K off is still possible? Also, is there any particular reason why folks are using a cap of $5K on the anythingpoints auctions?

thanks
Old Apr 25, 2004, 9:14 am

Just an update. I have played around with points.com for the last two hours and realized that they are taking a large cut of every transaction. Therefore the more conversions you make the worse off you are. Also every other trade from reserveamerica results in squat. ie. reserve america points are worthless except for the trade to AA. I am convinced that there is an error in the conversion rate and that is why results come out so good when trading via reserve america. I just can't see gettting so much AA for reserveamerica points that have such little value elsewhere. Even on reserverewards.com 75,000 reserve points gets you a lousy $25 gift card. yet the same 75K gets you 17,442 advantage miles plus a 125% bonus. Just can't be right. My guess is that nobody has even heard of reserve america and this trade has not been exploited, so the powers that be are unaware.

Also a reserveamerica account requires ordering their credit card. You have to call so I don't know about annual fees. I don't have anything other than the 2100 ebay points, so I'm not sure that I want to be the guinea pig. I would however like to launder all my US miles at about 1.39 AA miles per US mile. It's actually a great chance to launder all kinds of FF miles from other programs either straight to reserve america or ebay than reserve america. US requires having the dividend miles visa though, so that is another task. If anybody follows up on a reserve america account, please post the results.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 9:41 am
Suspended

Programs: United Premier, American Airlines
I did my 1,400 point ebay to AA transfer yesterday on Points.com using my PointsPlus account and using my Ancenstry points. I'm hoping the AA double bonus posts for this one.

I'm still waiting for my 5,000 points for ShareBuilder ($5 transaction completed on Tuesday). Anyone got their 5,000 points for this one yet?

To someone who just asked how you pay ShareBuilder. I paid by electronic funds transfer from my checking account. There's a place on their website to enter your account number and bank routing code. No additional fees. I trust ShareBuilder on this, as I don't expect them to start looting my checking account. If they start stealing from bank accounts, the SEC/NASD would close them down quick. I don't expect that.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 11:15 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
IRA/ESA fee ?

I've been looking at the Sharebuilder deal and saw a mention of a $25/$15 per year IRA/ESA fee (payable in July).

Am I right in thinking that these fees won't apply to a Basic Individual account ?
Old Apr 25, 2004, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Question ... is ReserveAmerica?

Some of these conversion ratios make absolutely no sense.

50,000 eBay Anything Points -----> 264,705 ReserveAmerica

264,705 Reserve America -----> 119,117 eBay Anything Points

Hard to believe they would allow you to do this all day! Since I have no idea what ReserveAmerica is (the website seems to indicate that it's a service for making campsite reservations at campgrounds), I'm not sure I want to take a chance.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 11:29 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
The eBay Anything Points site now shows only one partner...the eBay credit card. Were Ancestry, Sharebuilder, etc. removed?
Old Apr 25, 2004, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can still see them all ...

http://anythingpoints.ebay.com/getpoints.html
Old Apr 25, 2004, 11:51 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by vasantn
That page shows me only the one partner, the eBay credit card. There is lots of white space where partners should be listed.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA 2.88 MM-EXPlat, HHDiamond, SPG & Marriott Silver
problem trying to launder thru Reserve America

Some of these conversion ratios make absolutely no sense.

50,000 eBay Anything Points -----> 264,705 ReserveAmerica

264,705 Reserve America -----> 119,117 eBay Anything Points

I signed up for Reserve America account, but don't get a member number only an account name in either the signup window or the confirmation email message. The account name or member name doesn't work with points.com, which requires some number to link up the account.
Can't email ReserveAmerica unless it relates to a campground quessie. Hmmm...
Old Apr 25, 2004, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just found that out as well ...

It appears that you need to get the ReserveAmerica credit card to get a membership number ... too time-consuming and troublesome especially when the laundering may not even be possible. The conversion factors have to be wrong and will most likely be discovered and fixed very soon.

And what do you do if they normalize the conversion rates and you're stuck with ReserveAmerica points? Lots of camping, I guess!
Old Apr 25, 2004, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA 2.88 MM-EXPlat, HHDiamond, SPG & Marriott Silver
Darn!

It appears that you need to get the ReserveAmerica credit card to get a membership number ... too time-consuming and troublesome especially when the laundering may not even be possible. The conversion factors have to be wrong and will most likely be discovered and fixed very soon.

And what do you do if they normalize the conversion rates and you're stuck with ReserveAmerica points? Lots of camping, I guess!
I'll have to check with my camping friends and see if anyone has one already.

Last edited by socoast; Apr 25, 2004 at 12:56 pm Reason: to add: I wonder if the Gift Card might count?
Old Apr 25, 2004, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK ... I manged to find out that a ReserveAmerica ReserveRewards point is worth approximately between a tenth of and a hunndredth of a cent. It costs 25,000 points for something that you can buy at a hardware store for $2, but only 150,000 points for a $200 item.

I'm staying away from this one, folks. No way do I want to get stuck with ReserveAmerica points.

Last edited by vasantn; Apr 25, 2004 at 1:19 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 26, 2004, 1:04 am

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
Got my 1400 ancestry.com points 2 days after sign up
Got my 1500 ConsumerInfo credit report thingie also in about 2 days or so...
still waiting for the 5000 sharebuilder ones and for the 2500 Netflix and that should do it.
Also wondered about the ReserveAmerica extremely fishy exchange rates..hmm my instict tells me to stay away from it but my mileage instinct says otherwise... tough decision
Old Apr 26, 2004, 12:03 pm

Looking at the reserveamerica.com website it appears you can only get a membership number by applying for the Reserve America Platinum Visa (www.reserverewards.com). Has anyone found a work around for those of us daring enough to try the Anything Points to ReserveAmercia conversion ladder?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.