Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2005, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I've had the downstairs agents insist (when I was plat) that being upgraded to int'l first class doesn't qualify for FL access, even though it does.

I've also seen cases where I was upstairs and the FL agent was helping me with something. Other pax came in the sliding door and tried to walk past. The agent helping me called to them to wait until she could check them in. After all, people can get in the door by piggy-backing on others.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 6:16 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by anabolism
I've had the downstairs agents insist (when I was plat) that being upgraded to int'l first class doesn't qualify for FL access, even though it does.
Downstairs gate keeper refused my access to FL on my LHR-->LAX-->DFW itinerary as an EXP on business class LHR-->LAX.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by AAJetMan
Downstairs gate keeper refused my access to FL on my LHR-->LAX-->DFW itinerary as an EXP on business class LHR-->LAX.
I never had a problem, downstairs, upstairs. LAX AC/FL staff has always treated me with total respect.

There were couple of "questionable" calls about FL access and it was always handled very professionaly and it was always in my "favor"

I don't think I will try to "sneak in". In fact I will return the card to the front desk upstairs.

It is tempting, but I don't want to be known as a "freeloader".
Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)
Use (LAX) Flagship Lounge even if flying OneWorld?

As EXPLT is it ok to use FS lounge for an international (J class) trip even if the trip does not start out on AA metal (LAX-MEL on QF) or is the QF lounge @ LAX better than FS?
Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:19 pm
Community Director Emerita

Many of the OneWorld flights leave from TBIT. If you originate in LA, and your flight leaves from TBIT, you will not be able to access the AA terminal and the Flagship Lounge.

If you originate from another airport on AA, thus transiting the LAX AA terminal, you can use the flagship lounge before going to TBIT. However, you need to allow plenty of time to check in and go thru security at TBIT.

The lounges in TBIT are unremarkable, and have been reported on many times here as substandard. There are reports that OneWorld is going to build a shared lounge in TBIT; we continue to wait.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
deleted... too slow, and not as correct

EDITED to add: I believe the MEL flight does indeed leave from TBIT. IIRC the only QF flight leaving from T4 is to SYD.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
deleted... too slow, and not as correct

EDITED to add: I believe the MEL flight does indeed leave from TBIT. IIRC the only QF flight leaving from T4 is to SYD.

IIRC, it is, in fact, that SYD flight that keeps the AC/FL open as late as it is. There is an agreement that that lounge, because of the QF flight, must stay open until the last departure of the night.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Fly AA J all the way
IIRC, it is, in fact, that SYD flight that keeps the AC/FL open as late as it is. There is an agreement that that lounge, because of the QF flight, must stay open until the last departure of the night.
Hmm.. that also explains why the AC is NOT open for the redeyes to DFW
Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Hmm.. that also explains why the AC is NOT open for the redeyes to DFW
The AC is (officially) open until 11:30, but I have been known to walk out with the agents at 11:45pm (which covers the 12:15 flight) and as late as midnight (which ALMOST covers the 12:40 flight).

2 flights to DFW from LAX, 12:15am and 12:40am(or something close to it). It's not a transcon, so no automatic entrance for F or J paxs. That leaves AA AC members and possibly few OW connects that happen to fly on the 12:40am, which basically means anywhere between BIG zero to ?

I see it as a good business move on AA's part, you see it differently......

(I guess I could agree with somebody arguing a midnight closing. But it's quite possible that the extra 1/2 hour would run into overtime hours for the staff and if that's the case, then I agree with AA, because of the above stated reasons.)

Reporting from Lima.....flying home tomorrow.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by andrzej
The AC is (officially) open until 11:30, but I have been known to walk out with the agents at 11:45pm (which covers the 12:15 flight) and as late as midnight (which ALMOST covers the 12:40 flight).

2 flights to DFW from LAX, 12:15am and 12:40am(or something close to it). It's not a transcon, so no automatic entrance for F or J paxs. That leaves AA AC members and possibly few OW connects that happen to fly on the 12:40am, which basically means anywhere between BIG zero to ?

I see it as a good business move on AA's part, you see it differently......

(I guess I could agree with somebody arguing a midnight closing. But it's quite possible that the extra 1/2 hour would run into overtime hours for the staff and if that's the case, then I agree with AA, because of the above stated reasons.)

Reporting from Lima.....flying home tomorrow.
Bah... I hate it when someone makes sense!
Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
If you originate from another airport on AA, thus transiting the LAX AA terminal, you can use the flagship lounge before going to TBIT. However, you need to allow plenty of time to check in and go thru security at TBIT.
Not only that, but you'll likely have to get a new Qantas boarding pass when you get to LAX from a Qantas agent. I had to do that when going through there to Auckland in March, as the AC agent told me my AA stock pass issued at SFO would not be acceptable.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by andrzej
Ugh... I'm on the 12:40 on Thursday night and had forgotten about the closing time (I usually take the 12:15 so I never think about it). I'll have to mentally prepare to hang in the gate area (which when I'm tired makes me really cranky).
Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by techgirl
I'll have to mentally prepare to hang in the gate area (which when I'm tired makes me really cranky).
I could be wide awake and hanging in the gate area would make me cranky.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by tom911
Not only that, but you'll likely have to get a new Qantas boarding pass when you get to LAX from a Qantas agent. I had to do that when going through there to Auckland in March, as the AC agent told me my AA stock pass issued at SFO would not be acceptable.
Which causes problems if you're trying to get behind security to get to the AC before 5:30 or so when QF check in opens.

Can AA employees check you in on a QF flight?
Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
Can AA employees check you in on a QF flight?
They told me I had to wait for the Qantas agent, who had a long line leading up to her, so I went into the FL and came back an hour later (when she had decided to take her lunch break). Off to the TBIT I went, and the agent at the Qantas F check-in counter took care of it in about a minute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.