Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 5:59 pm
Suspended

I must say the FL AAngel are some of the best staff in AA. I never came across a rude and unhelpful one before and they do make u feel welcome and will try and help you out as much as possible.

I remember I was on QF107 once from SYD-JFK.
When I got to LAX and cleared the immigration and customs I went straight to the FL. The nice FL AAngel made sure I got access to a shower immediately so that I can get back on the immediate flight to JFK.

Also there are some cool stuff for you to take at the counter. It was the Citi Travel Wallets there the last time I was there. (sorry forgot to take picture of that).
Old Apr 12, 2009, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
The photos are great! Please keep them coming!

And in my experience, the FL agents are incredible! So gracious and friendly! And always willing to go out of their way to help out!
Old Apr 12, 2009, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by nomoreiphone
I must say the FL AAngel are some of the best staff in AA. I never came across a rude and unhelpful one before and they do make u feel welcome and will try and help you out as much as possible.

I remember I was on QF107 once from SYD-JFK.
When I got to LAX and cleared the immigration and customs I went straight to the FL. The nice FL AAngel made sure I got access to a shower immediately so that I can get back on the immediate flight to JFK.

Also there are some cool stuff for you to take at the counter. It was the Citi Travel Wallets there the last time I was there. (sorry forgot to take picture of that).
Hm...never seen the wallets there, only at JFK and I go thru there at least once a month. Ill check thursday
Old Apr 12, 2009, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Dia HH
Ah, the LAX FL. Great lounge but does get crowded with Aussies in the afternoon. The showers are great after a 14 hour flight; best in the AA FL lounges.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Will be passing through there a few times in the coming months. Thanks for the photos!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 6:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bmoney
Ah, the LAX FL. Great lounge but does get crowded with Aussies in the afternoon. The showers are great after a 14 hour flight; best in the AA FL lounges.
Actually I noticed recently that QF have changed some of their Aust flights to TBIT and it seems only 2 flights are now using T4? Used to be the other way around? What happened? I know the Whale Jet definitely can't fit in T4 but why did the 744 service (to JFK) as well moved to TBIT?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Thanks for sharing, nomoreiphone ^ I find the LAX Flagship Lounge a very civilised spot to relax before a flight. To echo others, the views are great.

Here's a wee snap I captured the other week...

From the lounge, I could see what I presume to be John Travolta's Boeing 707 V-Jet parked at the opposite side of the taxiway. You can just about make it out, to the right of the passing BA Speedbird. Is the V-jet a regular fixture at LAX?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
I find the LAX Flagship Lounge a very civilised spot to relax before a flight.
+1. The LAX FL is indeed nice, and quiet -- it's especially nice when you walk through the AC at a fairly busy time to the emptiness of the FL. And to echo the echoes, the AAngels are exceedingly nice. I visited twice last month, but unfortunately I won't be in there again for about six months
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Million-Miler Lifetime Premier Executive, Hilton HHonors Diamond
I agree that the AAngels are friendly and wonderful. I recall that there used to be sample packets of mega-dose Vitamin C tablets on the counter, and once when I asked whether I could have a few packets for my trip, one of the representatives went in the back and came out with a large box of the packets and was prepared to give it to me! I respectfully declined the offer.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
I like the LAX FL more than the other two I've visited (ORD and LHR). It's just a great space with big windows and a nice view. Any open bar with Patron is fine by me.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 9:21 am

Programs: AA
LAX FL information please

I am an EXP flying from NRT to LAX and onwards in the USA.
I am inquiring about the flagship lounge.
I have a 5 hour layover at LAX.
Is the lounge in the AC? Does it offer anything above and beyond the AC?
I am debating to leave LAX to get some food - any suggestions.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 9:22 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sambb
Yes. Yes.

Here is one thread of several found using {"FL"} as a Search term

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l-ord-lax.html

Cheers.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:02 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by brp
Yes. Yes.

Here is one thread of several found using {"FL"} as a Search term

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l-ord-lax.html

Cheers.
Since the index for the search is once again not working effectively you have steered the OP to a 5-year old thread. Might not be up-to-date so we will let this thread continue on.

Usually when I arrive from NRT at LAX my first inclination is to take a shower.

If you would like to visit someplace near LAX for a meal the best place to ask that question is the Los Angeles Forum
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
the food in the FL is way better than the snack mix and veggies in the AC. The FL is located inside the AC, so you can go back and forth. The AC has better views than the FL, the FL is smaller, more intimate and has a full self service bar, coffee bar, soft drinks, juices, and real food depending on time of day. The showers in the FL are some of AA's best.

When you check into the AC, you'll get a card to access the FL, which is behind the frosted glass sliding door upstairs just south (right) of the AC desk.

I see no reason to leave LAX to get food, but some people like to make a run for In-N Out Burger, which is near the airport.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
http://www.gadling.com/2008/01/15/fr...n-out-burgers/

I did this run last weekend on a 4hr stopover and highly recommend it. I stored my luggage in the AC, went outside the terminal to the red bus stop, 5 min ride to the parking lot, 30 second walk to the In 'n Out, and was back to the airport in just over an hour. They gave me an extra drink chit when I got back to the AC... bonus!

It may seem like a lot of effort for fast food, but most people consider it essential to stop at an In n Out burger if you're in Cali. I would definitely do this over any of the options inside the airport if you have a 2hr+ layover. Oh, and ask for your burger "animal style"!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.