Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:19 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)
Originally Posted by tom911
Not only that, but you'll likely have to get a new Qantas boarding pass when you get to LAX from a Qantas agent. I had to do that when going through there to Auckland in March, as the AC agent told me my AA stock pass issued at SFO would not be acceptable.
I'll start in travel in PDX so I guess that means I'm stuck.....
I (hopefully) arrive (on AA) in LAX @ 2021 and the MEL flight leaves @ 2340...

The earlier post from Tom911 implied there is a Quantas agent in the AA checkin area or am I readidng too much into that??
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by CVO 1K 2 Million
I'll start in travel in PDX so I guess that means I'm stuck.....
I (hopefully) arrive (on AA) in LAX @ 2021 and the MEL flight leaves @ 2340...

The earlier post from Tom911 implied there is a Quantas agent in the AA checkin area or am I readidng too much into that??
You are fine for the FL. You will arrive in terminal 4, so just walk into the AC/FL lounge and enjoy. The Qantas agents will be available at the lounge, so you can get new BPs printed there, no problems.

Give yourself about 1 hour to leave the lounge, walk over to TBIT (turn left as you exit terminal 4), a very short walk, but you will need to go through security again and it could be a madhouse at TBIT. If it's not, and you clear quickly, you still have the option of checking out the QF, CX or BA lounges at TBIT as a last resort. All three are very poor pickings, so I would not try to get their any earlier, but just as a last resort....

Have a great trip!
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:27 am
tt7

Originally Posted by CVO 1K 2 Million
..... or is the QF lounge @ LAX better than FS?
Not directly relevant to your question but the only reason there is a FL (FS lounge) at LAX is because QF is paying for it (or a large part of it). Without the QF flights to SYD/MEL/BNE, there would be no FL in LAX.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tt7
Not directly relevant to your question but the only reason there is a FL (FS lounge) at LAX is because QF is paying for it (or a large part of it). Without the QF flights to SYD/MEL/BNE, there would be no FL in LAX.

sorry, don't buy it, unless somebody shows me the statements and/or gives me a link to something more substantial than the "old" FT urban myth.......

It's true that QF was very influential in getting the lounge done, but I don't see how they would still be paying for most or large part of it when the only flights leaving from terminal 4 are SYD flights and the others are TBIT. It's true that they may get a number of their paxs connecting on AA but they also get a great deal of their paxs connecting on their own (non-OW partners) and thus no access to terminal 4. It would not make sense for them to pay, as you say, large part of the operating cost. It's probably split in 1/2 or maybe even less for QF at this time, IMHO.

Getting ready for LANPeru flight to MIA from LIM.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 6:18 am
tt7

Originally Posted by andrzej
sorry, don't buy it, unless somebody shows me the statements and/or gives me a link to something more substantial than the "old" FT urban myth.......

It's true that QF was very influential in getting the lounge done, but I don't see how they would still be paying for most or large part of it when the only flights leaving from terminal 4 are SYD flights and the others are TBIT. It's true that they may get a number of their paxs connecting on AA but they also get a great deal of their paxs connecting on their own (non-OW partners) and thus no access to terminal 4. It would not make sense for them to pay, as you say, large part of the operating cost. It's probably split in 1/2 or maybe even less for QF at this time, IMHO.
whatever .....

You can split hairs about how much QF is paying but do you honestly think there would be a FL in LAX if it wasn't for QF? Let's see .... AA closed the FL in its 'flagship' home port of DFW, they closed the one in BOS, there isn't one in MIA or JFK..... why on earth would they put one in LAX if it wasn't for QF?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tt7
whatever .....

You can split hairs about how much QF is paying but do you honestly think there would be a FL in LAX if it wasn't for QF? Let's see .... AA closed the FL in its 'flagship' home port of DFW, they closed the one in BOS, there isn't one in MIA or JFK..... why on earth would they put one in LAX if it wasn't for QF?

did you read the first sentance of the second paragraph?

I agree with the possibility that the initial outlay and influence of QF to set up the FL got it done, but unless somebody shows me some proof I don't buy the idea that they are paying majority of the op cost. AA has many, many of their paxs using the club, so unless QF is very rich and/or stupid, I refuse to buy this FT "urban" myth, unless of course, somebody can prove me wrong.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:14 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Originally Posted by tt7
whatever .....

It's not just the relationship with QF, but remember that LAX has Flagship service to JFK on up to 11 flgihts a day. This is huge corporate and celebrity business. That, combined with the 2 season LHR daily flights, NRT flights, and the partnership with QF help justify a FS lounge at LAX. There is justification for one at DFW too with the international service there, but so far no one has aggressively pressured AA to bring them back.I guarantee you though.. if LAX lost this FS lounge, you would see pressure.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 7:58 pm

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald) + LTG
LAX Flagship Lounge now

I am in the LAX Flagship Lounge right now until 9PM. Come on up and ask for "Cannon"

GONE.

Last edited by kangela; Nov 10, 2006 at 4:12 am
Old Oct 20, 2007, 5:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, AA Plat 2 MM, Marriott Ambassador & LTP, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Free Sony Ebook reader at LAX Flagship Lounge ???

So I don't quite know what happened, but I checked in for LAX->LHR (Connecting onward on EK to DXB) in First (Upgraded from a D class Biz tix using miles). Upstairs, after the card reader, I asked for a daypass (Tmobile) and the woman said we have a bigger gift for you today, then went through some mini speech and gave me a sony ebook reader in an AA bag to keep.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PRS500-Po...2924291&sr=8-1

It included a coupon for a free 20 bucks in books. She had another 20 or behind her in a bag .. not sure what the promo is (maybe intl F to LHR from LAX???) Not sure if its just today or for a time period, but she said "we are partnering with sony to offfer this gift"
Cool for me!!! I have not flown intl F since sept of 01.
As bonus, this flight should get me back to Platinum on points

As a side note, I like the Flagship lounge a lot, though its no BA Club
-Shaown
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Interesting. A few weeks back, Continental auctioned off 250 of the exact same model for 5,000 CO miles. I picked one up. The model 505 just started shipping. So it looks like Sony tried a novel way to move out some old inventory... give them to the airlines!
Old Oct 21, 2007, 6:03 am

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, AA Plat 2 MM, Marriott Ambassador & LTP, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Yea, this has AA silkscreened on the cover, and I saw several other people in first with them. Still pretty cool in my book
-Shaown
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:32 am

Wow, this is a nice gesture by AA. Any more info on the promo?
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, BA EC Blue, UA Premier, HH Diamond VIP, Hyatt Platinum
I got one too...the AAngel said that it was an LAX only promo. Very cool. I too was flying to DUB via LHR in J 10/18, so I was in the Flagship Lounge. Don't know when it stops.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:41 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I have seen them while I was in there twice on a domestic ticket. I got nothing.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:48 pm

Programs: Lost everything during the pandemic, and no more flying to HKG every six weeks (!) so back to AA LTG
Saw one handed to a guy in F by an AA mngr on a recent JFK -> LHR flight as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.