Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2003, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
Ah well... another time perhaps. I'm kinda disappointed I didn't see your FT tag. I would have asked if I could sneak into the FL with you as a guest, if that's allowed. I would love to have checked out my first ever FL. My trip wasn't a complete disaster, though. I did get to sit next to and talk with Dennis Haskins (Principal Belding from the TV show Saved By The Bell) on AA 1740 LAX-ORD. That was a nice treat.
Old Nov 10, 2003, 10:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Hit the LAX lounge on the way in from LHR this afternoon after 3pm. RTWSTARALLIANCE was also there, and we had the place to ourselves. I tried a sandwich but tossed it (I'm guessing the flavor I couldn't deal with might have been vegemite). They also had one kind of sushi. After we were there for a while they brought out some hot food (quesadillas, beef wellington, 2 other things), all in a covered hot tray. Desserts were the same as last week, little finger size pastries and cookies.

Sounds like it's best to arrive here after 4pm for a better food selection.
Old Dec 7, 2003, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
LAX Flagship Lounge question

Does anyone know the rules regarding access to the FL at LAX when connecting? If you are flying transcon First Class to LAX then connecting on to another destination will you have access to the FL during the layover? Or is access only available when departing on a transcon in First Class (non upgrade)?
Old Dec 7, 2003, 2:52 pm

if its a full fare i dont think you will have a problem getting in.
happy flying
elimuli
Old Dec 7, 2003, 5:22 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Just had this problem at LAX... came off a paid P class JFK-LAX connecting to DFW (paid F) and was DENIED access. I keep forgetting to shoot an Email off to AA about this... $3,000 for a domestic ticket and they won't allow lounge access?? The FL 'gatekeeper' said that the rule had just been clarified and it's for departure only unless connecting to an international flight. I DID gain access, it just took a bit of 'out of the box' thinking.
Old Dec 7, 2003, 5:33 pm

As I understand it, the FL is only for First international departures....and Canada & Mexico don't count. I am mostly in/out of Dallas and they have shut down the FL at DFW, so it matters less now.
Old Dec 7, 2003, 6:31 pm

Does an upgraded ticket LAX-MIA-CDG (First/Premium) allow a Plat to gain access to the Flagship Lounge? Or is it reserved only for full-fare F & Int'l EXP?

Old Dec 7, 2003, 6:41 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TraveltheWorld:
Does an upgraded ticket LAX-MIA-CDG (First/Premium) allow a Plat to gain access to the Flagship Lounge?</font>
The policy has recently been clarified and is stated quite clearly on aa.com: "When you travel full-fare in our First Class cabin on an American Airlines non-stop transcontinental or First Class international flight, it's yours to enjoy with our compliments." So you would not have access. AA has significantly tightened access to the FL (I use the one in ORD several times a month and it is often empty, and I can't remember the last time that there were 20 people in the FL).
Old Dec 8, 2003, 10:57 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kanebear:
I DID gain access, it just took a bit of 'out of the box' thinking. </font>
If you say you resheduled the return to be that day then rescheduled it back to its original I'm going to die laughing.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 10:59 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mAAuiFlyer:
As I understand it, the FL is only for First international departures....and Canada & Mexico don't count. I am mostly in/out of Dallas and they have shut down the FL at DFW, so it matters less now.</font>
There is no First Class to Canada or Mexico either. In any case, it is full fare or award First Class international and select North American routes.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 11:52 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
To those that have been in the FL at LAX, is it really worth it to be in their vs. the AC when you do have valid access? I'm wondering if it is really worth it or not. Thoughts?
Old Dec 8, 2003, 2:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
It sort of depends on time of day. I've been in there at 9 in the evening when the place is full of Qantas travelers, and there was hardly any food left. My last visit was around 3 in the afternoon and it was empty, and they were just placing out some hot food as I left (perfect time to visit). They seemed to have a decent variety of soft drinks, beer, wine, and champagne out, on both visits, as well as small pastries. You can pop back over to the AC for computer access, as there's nothing in the FL (just a few feet out the door).

I'd certainly pop in to check it out if your status allows you.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 6:58 pm

Programs: QF LT Gold, AA LT Plat and SQ bottom feeder..
The food is a bit better, more in keeping with a Qantas lounge than the normal AA fare.
SOund stations with comfortable seats and of course the drinks are free.

Don't know how much QF pay for their 'half' but the food seems to coincide with the Qf arrivals and departures.
AND you get the OZ papers to read...
Old Dec 8, 2003, 7:04 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
FL used to have sushi, side of smoked salmon, shrimp, etc. as well as some reasonable wine; there has been a definite cutback in the cost of food/wine. Given the constraint the FL has done very well in getting the best value out of their funding, but it certainly is a step down from the QF or BA lounge levels. It is much nicer than the AC, well worth a visit, but it is not lavish like the Wing is (CX lounge in Hong Kong).
Old Dec 8, 2003, 9:03 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
I wouldn't jump through hoops to get in (I was on the return, so no changing my return date ) but it is nice and quiet during the day. As stated above, at night it's PACKED with QF pax and it can be difficult to find a seat. The food and drink are, sadly, lacking from what I have experienced in the past at DFW and MIA (never experienced the ORD FL... the one time I was through and would've had access I didn't know I was eligible! DUH!), some sandwiches, pastries and such... Number_6 is very correct in that it's not up to the standard of a BA or QF lounge in the least. The shower rooms are quite nice, however there's NO sound insulation so if you're thinking of popping in for a quickie with the one you love, be quiet about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.