Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2003, 2:45 pm

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Forgive me for asking this question, but am I correct in assuming that flying LAX-MCO in "Z" class will NOT allow me access to the FL in LAX?

------------------
Old Oct 9, 2003, 2:57 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I don't think LAX-MCO counts - although I am not 100% sure.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
I don't think LAX-MCO counts - although I am not 100% sure.</font>
Although you can never be 100% certain about lounge access, I'm 100% certain that AA does not consider MCO-Anywhere to be a transcon flight. So no access unless it is actually LAX-MIA-MCO.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FWAAA:
Although you can never be 100% certain about lounge access, I'm 100% certain that AA does not consider MCO-Anywhere to be a transcon flight. So no access unless it is actually LAX-MIA-MCO.</font>
Actually, after checking with AA, I verified that LAX-MCO is transcon for lounge access, and the Z ticket will grant access. Enjoy your visit, I was at the new club and flagship for the gramd opening and agree with others that it is spectacular.

[This message has been edited by anaaflyer (edited 10-09-2003).]
Old Oct 9, 2003, 3:25 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FWAAA:
Although you can never be 100% certain about lounge access, I'm 100% certain that AA does not consider MCO-Anywhere to be a transcon flight. So no access unless it is actually LAX-MIA-MCO.</font>
American does, actually, consider LAX/MCO to be a transcon market. This is the list of transcon markets eligible for Admiral's Club / Flagship Lounge access (LAX MCO is listed 3rd to last):

TRANSCON MARKETS

THE TABLE BELOW IS NON-DIRECTIONAL. ACCESS IS VALID IN EITHER DIRECTION.

. BOS LAX
. BOS SAN
. BOS SEA
. BOS SFO
. BOS SJC
. EWR LAX
. FLL LAX
. IAD LAX
. JFK LAX
. JFK LGB
. JFK OAK
. JFK SAN
. JFK SEA
. JFK SFO
. JFK SJC
. JFK SNA
. LAX MCO
. LAX MIA
. MIA SFO
Old Oct 9, 2003, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stand corrected.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 8:53 pm

Location: "Did you ever see Dallas from an MD-80 at night?" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by landspeed:

ADMIT POLICY

EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2003, PASSENGERS DEPARTING ON
NON-STOP TRANSCONTINENTAL FLIGHTS ARE INVITED TO ENJOY
THE ADMIRALS CLUB, OR FLAGSHIP LOUNGE WHERE AVAILABLE,
PRIOR TO FLIGHT. PASSENGERS MUST BE CONFIRMED IN
FIRST CLASS INVENTORIES F AND Z ON TWO-CABIN SERVICE
AND PREMIUM CLASS INVENTORIES IN P AND Z INVENTORIES
FOR THREE-CLASS SERVICE.
REVENUE TICKETS - F OR P
PLANAAHEAD MILEAGE FIRST/PREMIUM CLASS AWARD - Z
AANYTIME MILEAGE FIRST/PREMIUM CLASS AWARD - F OR P
</font>
Anybody have the star file locator for this?
Old Oct 10, 2003, 1:54 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SuperSlug:
Anybody have the star file locator for this?</font>
Sure do... It's N*PS TRANSCON

Lines 19 and 20 pertain to admission on award tickets.
Old Oct 12, 2003, 8:27 am

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Thank you so much for your answers. I am going to try getting into the lounge at LAx this Friday. I know we will enjoy it. This will certainly be different for me as I usually fly Delta.
This is a great forum!!!

------------------
Old Oct 17, 2003, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
If flying on a RTW A ticket, will a BA Gold/Silver gain admittance to the FL?
Old Oct 17, 2003, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Full Score:
If flying on a RTW A ticket, will a BA Gold/Silver gain admittance to the FL?</font>
Only oneworld Emerald will be admitted into the FL on an "A" ticket, based solely on status and not fare purchased.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 1:17 pm
In memoriam

If you're going from LAX to SYD on QF (Z Class) are you allowed to use the Flagship Loung? (I'm not sure I even know where that is.) Or does QF has its own lounge?

I understand QF 108 departs from Terminal 4. Is the FL there?
Old Oct 17, 2003, 2:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by normcpa:
If you're going from LAX to SYD on QF (Z Class) are you allowed to use the Flagship Loung? (I'm not sure I even know where that is.) Or does QF has its own lounge?

I understand QF 108 departs from Terminal 4. Is the FL there?
</font>
yes you will be able to use the lounge the fl is right past security
Old Oct 18, 2003, 11:58 am
In memoriam

Thanks, azmmza
Old Nov 1, 2003, 5:03 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Visiting the Flagship Lounge at LAX

Had my first chance to visit the Flagship Lounge last night at 9:30 (I'm at JFK right now London bound in 90 mins). It was pouring rain when I arrived from SFO (which is good news this week)

The visit almost didn't happen. The counter agent insisted I was not allowed access. After I told her I've visited the Flagship Lounges in ORD, BOS and LHR, and have never had a problem before, she still insisted the agents at these locations were mistaken, and I could only use the Admirals Club. I told her the EXP handbook specifically mentioned this benefit, and she told me I need to read it more carefully as it does not offer this benefit. I told her I would call the EXP desk to sort it out. Sadly, off I walked into the AC, where the only visible food was apples and crackers.

As I sat down and started dialing the EXP desk to get this straightened out, I was paged back to the counter. The agent admitted she made a mistake, and somehow thought I was a platinum, which would not be entitled to accesss. She apologized and gave me a magnetic card to enter the Flagship Lounge. Guess the rules are a little confusing even for them. Tom was happy again

The lounge was very crowded due to an outgoing Qantas flight the same time as my JFK flight. Everyone there seemed to have an Aussie accent. I sampled the Moet Chandon champagne, had some Perrier, and some finger foods (which I thought were on the very small side--small pieces of bread with cream cheese or one shrimp on them). I've been into other Qantas lounges before, and the food was not on par with what I would have been offered in those. They also had listening stations here, but I didn't use them.

I'll be coming through here again next week and see if they have more decent food offerings earlier in the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.