Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: LAX / Los Angeles Int'l. Flagship Lounge (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2005, 4:37 pm

Programs: Lifetime Gold UA and AA
CA Law

The California Law bans smoking anywhere indoors where employees work. Unless you want to get your own drinks and food and clean the place up yourself, that would include the Flagship Lounge.
Old May 27, 2005, 4:29 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
LAX Flagship Lounge Visit: May 28

Am on AA 242 LAX-JFK in P tomorrow, departing @ 2:15 p.m. Supposedly there is dinner on this, yet with all the cutbacks, one never knows.

What's the best time to show up in FL for the good munchies? Thought I would try and get there a bit early; as this will be my 1st visit.

Thanks.
Old May 27, 2005, 5:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You will undoubtedly have dinner on board.

As for the FL, there are normally drinkies like champers and other plonk, sushi, crudités, cheeses, bickies and more at the time before your flight. Well, that's how the QF visitors refer to them.
Old May 27, 2005, 6:40 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Thanks JD.
Old May 28, 2005, 11:52 am

Programs: AA 2MM
Don't know about lunchtime, but I was there yesterday at 7 pm (and it can't be that different between lunch/dinner hours) and a lot of fairly attractive food. An impressive fresh fruit platter, hot chafing dish with satay-kinds of snacks, desert dish of great lemon bars, Moet. Certainly not a Michelin star, but very good, nonetheless - especially if you're hungry .
Old May 28, 2005, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
FreeUpGrade - It is now 11:15 on the 28th and I'm in the FL waiting for my flight to NRT. WOuld have like to have met another FT'er but I'm sure even as your first time you won't be here that early. Enjoy your visit. BTW Keanu Reeves just boarded his flight for JFK - if anyone cares.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
LAX Flagship Lounge?

This post could be a mistake*, but so be it. I did not plan it, it just happened.

Anybody that had access to the LAX FL, knows the procedure.

Everybody has to check in at the entrance door or upstairs(when it's slow). When the agent determines that you should have access to the FL, you are given an electronic key to open the sliding door to the nice sanctuary upstairs. As soon as you enter, the agent behind the desk there will make sure you drop the e-key into a basket. If you need to leave for any reason, you are given another key, which again needs to be returned upon return. The procedure makes me believe that they do not change the codes for these keys. I may be wrong on this.

Anyway, just few minutes ago I needed my passport number to finalize a res, so I got my travel wallet, and guess what? The FL e-key was inside the wallet. It wasn't intentional. I did not even know it was there.

Since I have a purely domestic itn through LAX coming up, purchased in economy(hopefully EXP upgraded), I can only use the AC, not the FL.

What are my chances of "sneaking" in to the FL with the e-card?

*If AA is reading this, the fun could be over.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 7:21 pm

you are forgeting one thing the person on the "other side" of the fristy glass windows will not only collect your plastic card but will ALSO check your ticket so i doubt the card alone will get you in.

the card system is kind of redundant IMHO
Old Aug 22, 2005, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by azmmza
you are forgeting one thing the person on the "other side" of the fristy glass windows will not only collect your plastic card but will ALSO check your ticket so i doubt the card alone will get you in.

the card system is kind of redundant IMHO

I thought about that, but there were couple of instances, especially when they were little busy, when they did not ask for any particulars.

If caught, I could always play dumb and just tell the gate keeper that the agent downstairs gave me the key.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
As long as we are discussing sneaking into the FL

When going ex-LHR in J, with a domestic connection in F, could I just show the F BP quickly to the agent, and, if busy enough, would they just let me in?
Old Aug 22, 2005, 8:00 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Sneaking past the nice ladies??

Originally Posted by Fly AA J all the way
When going ex-LHR in J, with a domestic connection in F, could I just show the F BP quickly to the agent, and, if busy enough, would they just let me in?
Please don't sneak!

Just make EXP and then any class you fly ex-LHR (on AA) will get you into the cramped FL.

If you like the punishment of being told in front of others that you are in the wrong place . try it. I think a professional traveler would KNOW when they should have proper access to which lounge. Playing dumb works sometimes.. outright trickery will get you caught!
Old Aug 22, 2005, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fly AA J all the way
That's little different. The agent needs to "check you in/verify the info", so I don't think it will work.

What makes the LAX FL situation unique is that you get "checked/verified" by either the downstairs or upstairs gate keepers and when you satisfy the "access" rules, only then you are given a card to FL. The agent behind the "magic" door has asked me for my name and flight number and wrote it down at times, but it has been very inconsistent. There were couple of instances lately when I just dropped the card in the basket and walked right in, just because they were busy dealing with some passengers and/or where on the phone or computer.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by JGR01
Please don't sneak!

Just make EXP and then any class you fly ex-LHR (on AA) will get you into the cramped FL.

If you like the punishment of being told in front of others that you are in the wrong place . try it. I think a professional traveler would KNOW when they should have proper access to which lounge. Playing dumb works sometimes.. outright trickery will get you caught!

I only thought to do this because of something that happened last year at the LHR AC. I handed the lady my ticket jacket, and the first BP she saw was the F one. She told me to head to FL, before looking closer. If I had not seen once before how not-special it was, I probably would have grabbed my tix back asap, and gone over to try it. I could honestly tell them that the AC had sent me.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by JGR01
Please don't sneak!

HA! Being LA-based, I can tell you that not all the agents are nice. I've had them give me a FL pass downstairs (flying to S. America) and had an obnoxious agent search me out in the FL and argue with me as to whether I should be there or not. Admiral's Club later apologized for her behavior, but it is a relatively small lounge that can get crowded at times. Definitely have to stand up for your rights to get in sometimes....
Old Aug 22, 2005, 10:28 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Indeed, I have even had one of the agents have the following conversation with me as I am walking towards the Flagship Lounge door (after being told by the downstair agents to proceed directly to the lounge).

Agent: Sir, this is a private lounge. You can't go in there (Reeking of Rudeness)

Me: I have a card that allows me access.

Agent: Where did you get that card?

Me: downstairs

Agent: You are not allowed in there.

Me: But I am flying first class.

Agent: You have to fly int..... (the door opens as I continue inside, agent in pursuit).

I get in an no one is at the desk (contrary to what it says above. Door closes behind me. Agent comes in.

Agent: I told you that you are not allowed in here and I am going to have to ask you to leave the entire admirals club.

Me: I have a card to get in here and I am flying First Class.

Agent: May I see your boarding pass?

Me: (now irritated) you need to ask that question in the very beginning instead of telling me I can't go in here.

Agent: Oh I see you are flying to Tokyo. Okay... you can use the lounge (no apologies for being rude).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.