Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Star Jones on 1114 (MIA-LGA) in Y! She is on this flight all the time, but usually in F. Either she didn't get upgraded or she booked last minute with no F availability.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 10:41 pm

James Gandolfini

I was on the redeye flight 30 (LAX-JFK) with James Gandolfini last night. He was seated in the row behind me in business. This was the flight he was coming from when some of you may have seen his altercation with one of the "professional" autograph seekers. The autograph hound was being a real twit, and Gandolfini nearly lost it and throttled him to death. I'm not saying I approve of violence, but it really would be great if JFK could at least keep these guys out of the baggage claim area, as there's really nothing a celeb can do while he's waiting for his bags.

Joe Morton, less famous but very accomplished in his own right, was in first and was also waiting for bags when the skirmish occured.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 4:47 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Originally Posted by millions
I was on the redeye flight 30 (LAX-JFK) with James Gandolfini last night. He was seated in the row behind me in business. This was the flight he was coming from when some of you may have seen his altercation with one of the "professional" autograph seekers. The autograph hound was being a real twit, and Gandolfini nearly lost it and throttled him to death. I'm not saying I approve of violence, but it really would be great if JFK could at least keep these guys out of the baggage claim area, as there's really nothing a celeb can do while he's waiting for his bags.

Link here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773
Old Jan 30, 2008, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by linenbasket
Looks like Adam Sandler trying to get an autograph
Old Jan 30, 2008, 7:14 am

Programs: EXP
Originally Posted by jsm
Jessica Simpson - January 8
DFW- BUR
Seat 4A (her assistant in 4B)

She seemed really nice. They moved a soldier up from coach to an empty seat (3A) right after the doors closed. She spent a while speaking with him and thanking him for his service and telling him he is the real star........ seemed genuine.....
Next time you see her, thank her on behalf of all Giants fans.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:33 am

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by linenbasket
I'm surprised James didn't hit the photographer that was shooting away during this encounter...

Originally Posted by metsfan1962
Next time you see her, thank her on behalf of all Giants fans.
x2, but on behalf of all teams that hate Dallas
Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Must Be Election Time

I was dreading my 6:30am JFk-LAX flight this morning...when I arrived at the gate I started to catch up on the happenings by watching CNN when all of a sudden I see Wolf Blitzer headed my way. He looked up at the screen and said "Who the heck is that guy!!" (of course it was him on a repeat of last night's coverage of the Florida primary).

I then see a very familiar face headed towards Wolf and it was Robert Kennedy Jr. Kinda cool to be traveling with a Kennedy.

Wolf was friendly and sat in first, while Mr. Kennedy kept to himself and was a row behind me in business class.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 7:23 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bruce Jenner and family in the DEN AC on Jan 30. They were going to LAX.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by aveosmth
Kinda cool to be traveling with a Kennedy.
I bet he thinks it's kinda cool to get to fly out of an airport named after his uncle, too.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by millions
I bet he thinks it's kinda cool to get to fly out of an airport named after his uncle, too.
He probably also things it's cool that the plane landed.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 8:55 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, AA EXP, Hertz Prez Circle
DFW-YVR today. . . Russell Hitchcock - lead singer of Air Supply
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG GLD, MR GLD
Originally Posted by ja_user
touché!
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP (Lifetime Plat)
Anderson Cooper behind me in the F/J security line at JFK the evening of 2/1. Not sure what flight he was on. He was shorter than I imagined.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by ja_user
No, everyone on that plane should be grateful that a plane carrying a Kennedy landed safely (and at the same time upset that all the alcohol was gone within the first half hour of the flight).
Old Feb 4, 2008, 8:53 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JumboD
No, everyone on that plane should be grateful that a plane carrying a Kennedy landed safely
Well, the Kennedy wasn't piloting/driving/skiing. (Wow, they do have a bad safety record as a family...and I like the Kennedy's, as a whole.)

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.