Search

ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2007, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1.4 MM), HH, SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
not sure I want to count this one

not much into political figures as celebrities, but
walked past Al Sharpton today in ORD aa concourse by accenture display

On a lighter note, I sat across from Terry Bradshaw in 1998 Aspen to Denver. Really made me appreciate how big he actually is, the hands alone were HUGE.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 2:38 am

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
Matt Damon LAX Flagship lounge

All:

Yesterday left from LAX and sat next to Matt Damon at the flagship lounge. I have seen him before in NYC at a restaurant but he seemed far bigger, not taller...he was about 5'8 but wider and his arms looked like he was really working out and had put on weight, perhaps for a role. He was nice to all.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 9:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Matt Damon BOS-ORD 10/16

He had 2B on flight 1071 BOS-ORD on 10/16. I assumed he was going to watch the Red Sox game. I didn't bug him though, and neither did anyone else. I was obvious he didn't want to be bothered, low hat, sunglasses and all. VIP cart showed up at ORD to wisk him away to the ORD FL.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 10:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
The Marshall Tucker Band. TUS/DFW at 0dark30. They all looked pretty good for being that early in the morning.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by bzbdewd
They all looked pretty good for being that early in the morning.
More likely they were still up from the night before
Old Oct 21, 2007, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Plt 2MM
Sun, Oct. 21 (i.e., now), Governor Eliot Spitzer, O'Hare Airport, G-Concourse Admiral's Club.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by bzbdewd
The Marshall Tucker Band. TUS/DFW at 0dark30. They all looked pretty good for being that early in the morning.

They performed at a concert in TUS Yesterday and hit the stage at about 2:30 in the afternoon. Jeez that has to be early for a rock band. Concert would have been better but vocal sound kinda sucked for Marshall Tucker Band and then for LoverBoy. But the Opening acts, Derringer and Starship rocked, and the final two, Kansas, and the Doobie Brothers brought the house down.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Nice Lessert! For me, Nancy Kerrigan at LGA on Wednesday.
Reminds me of that joke from the 90's (combining a news item from 93 and one from 94)

"Did you hear about the new mixed drink called the Tonya Bobbitt? It's a club soda with a Slice"
Old Oct 21, 2007, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mapsmith
They performed at a concert in TUS Yesterday and hit the stage at about 2:30 in the afternoon. Jeez that has to be early for a rock band. Concert would have been better but vocal sound kinda sucked for Marshall Tucker Band and then for LoverBoy. But the Opening acts, Derringer and Starship rocked, and the final two, Kansas, and the Doobie Brothers brought the house down.
MT is a rock band??
Old Oct 21, 2007, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alka
Wow -- I'm impressed! ^ Not the usual Hollywood/sports celebrity that we see in this forum.

I had to Google the name to find out she was a Nobel Peace Prize winner with an incredible background. I suspect there's an interesting story behind the reason you could recognize her.
Yes, incredible is one word for it. Maybe she should have won a Pulitzer for fiction.

She wrote about her brother dying of malnutrition, but apparently he didn't.

"For example, in one of the most moving scenes in the book, Rigoberta describes how she watched her brother Nicolas die of malnutrition. But the New York Times found Nicolas alive and well enough to be running a relatively prosperous homestead in a Guatemalan village."

http://www.boundless.org/1999/depart.../a0000074.html
Old Oct 21, 2007, 6:09 pm

Programs: Back to AA EXP for 2018 after 1 year on worthless Plat Pro
Willie Mays...last week

Did not win the Nobel Prize, but did some amazing things on the field. Nice guy. ^
Old Oct 21, 2007, 6:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Ex. PLT, Delta Diamond
Terrell Owens agent

I sat next to Terrell owens agent Drew Rosenhaus. From NRT to DFW. He had this awesome looking woman with him. They were arguing about something could not tell what it was. Most people didn't know who he was but I did from that famous interview and burger king commercial.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 1.4MM
Originally Posted by jww947
He had this awesome looking woman with him...
Getting 10% of your very well-paid clients' money (off the top), adds up to a nice 8 figure salary - and helps a LOT in the dating department...
Old Oct 21, 2007, 9:34 pm

Was behind Juanes in the concourse E Elite security line this evening at MIA.

Sat in F with Dan Dierdorf MIA-STL tonight. He had just announced the Fins/Pats game (if we could even call that a game).
Old Oct 21, 2007, 9:48 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Earlier this year on two different LAX-JFK legs:

Paul Guilfoyle (CSI's Capt. Jim Brass) - walking back to coach?!?

Marlon Wayans - as I was walking back to coach - actually, while we were waiting to board, some woman came over and complained (to no one in particular/anyone who would listen) that she'd accosted him and was upset that he didn't want to chit chat and after-all-HE's-not-really-all-that-talented-it's-his-BROTHER-who's-the-good-one-after-all!!! ...Give the guy a break - it was a delayed redeye!

Also in August, SYD-BNE:

Lachlan Murdoch (Rupert Murdoch's son) - checking in next to us at the Qantas counter - actually, I didn't see him and wouldn't have recognized him anyways, but the two (female) agents were swooning afterwards and going on about how beautiful his wife is (Sarah O'Hare). Fortunately, good old Mrs. dstan asked them what all the fuss was about and they told us!

Last edited by dstan; Oct 21, 2007 at 9:56 pm Reason: forgot about Lachlan!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.