Programs: Various
Charo !! AA 1307 BNA - LAX in 4A
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA since 07/03/1985
Smile Acid Rock / Hill Billy...

Originally Posted by mvoight
MT is a rock band??
Marshall Tucker ..
I played in a C&W Band in Abilene Tx in the 70's. The Band wouldn't Play any of that Acid Rock (MT)..

When I moved Back to NYC Area , My Band Wouldn't Play any Hill Billy (MT)..
Can't you see, I was left Searchin for a rainbow..
Old Oct 31, 2007, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mary Louise Parker on AA 117 JFK-LAX 10/30.
Her, her nanny, her son and her newly adopted baby had 2ABHJ; I was in 2D (Captain Kirk seat).
Interestingly, not one of the F pax was in the Flagship lounge before the flight. Maybe they didn't know and went straight to the AC in the satellite terminal as the flight was departing from gate 43 or something. I must say I was impressed with the spread at the FL. I couldn't figure out where the other 3-4 pax in the FL lounge were going. No 3-class to SFO until much later (8pm; I was on a 2:20pm flight), so what international long-haul flights are leaving that time of day?

On board, I was worried the FAs would divert too much attention to them at the expense of us other passengers, but this wasn't really the case. They did the service in the proper order -- since MLP and son were in 2HJ they didn't get apps/salad/sundae cart until after the left side.

There was one FA from Y/J who was totally fawning over them though.

Oh, and FWIW, I really wasn't impressed with the catering on this flight. Continental's 2-class transcon First catering is better.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 8:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (thanks to SPG), AA Life Gold, UA Life Gold
Matthew Perry on LAX-MIA 10/24. Actually quite quiet in person.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 11:29 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Flying Nun

Sally Field in the LAX AC. 11-03-07
Old Nov 6, 2007, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
I sat next to Jonathan Togo from CSI Miami AUS-LAX this past Sunday. I had ZERO clue who he was (don't watch the show) until my coworker said "do you know who you were sitting next to? My wife loves him!" Er.. no I didn't but he was very polite - said "bless you" when I sneezed and picked up a book I dropped.

My coworker was on another flight that day to LAX and saw Henry Winkler - edit to say Mr. Winkler was apparently very warm and friendly to everyone that said hi.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
HKG-LAX, Jackie Chan on a CX flight in F. Had one FA to tend to his needs, but he skipped meals and practically slept most of the flight.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 8:44 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Saw Thomas Hayden Church on a flight last year (EWR-DFW).
Old Nov 6, 2007, 1:48 pm

Jan. 2005---Mike Martz and Marshall Faulk were on my flight from St. Louis to San Diego.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Celebrity Sightings

Back in about 1991, I was waiting to check in for a Delta flight from BOS to ATL. Didn't pay any attention to the guy in front of me until we both approached the ticket counter at adjacent agent locations. I heard his agent say, "Good afternoon Governor. Where are you flying today?" I looked over and saw that it was Michael Dukakis carrying on a conversation with the agent like they had known each other for years. She then asked him if he had packed his own bags, if they had been in his possession since he packed them, and finally, for some form of ID. Where's Karl Malden when you need him?

Too many others to list, and now I hardly notice them.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 8:01 pm

A couple weeks ago, Steven Tyler in F BOS-LAX. He was in front of me in the F security line too at BOS and a complete mess. Could barely stand up without a cane, and got all flustered when they made him take off his black cowboy hat and sunglasses. They closed the whole line after me so it was just the two of us until he got through.

Last week BOS-ORD Royce Clayton, from the Red Sox. If you watched the World Series, he was the one with the microphone talking about the free Taco Bell all the time. Sat next to him in F and the food choice was roast beef sandwich or enchalada. He ordered the enchalada and I made a joke about not getting his free taco bell. Then he spilled a Sprit in his lap and had to borrow my blanket to sit on for the rest of the flight. Wearing a lot of bling.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 6:57 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, Marriott Silver
Morgan Fairchild in first class on 11/4 from Columbus OH to Dallas.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 9:23 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
I saw and met local PHX TV personality Michael Grant on PHX-ORD 11/06

Wiki: Michael Grant
Old Nov 7, 2007, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 5MM, Lifetime Marriott Titanium Platinum Elite
Sat next to Sarah Jessica Parker LAX-JFK
Sat next to Willie Mays - DFW - Wash Reagan
Tommy Lasorda in SNA Admirals Club
Many others: Sophia Loren, Lance Armstrong, Reggie Jackson, Tom Brokaw, Tom Hanks, Lou Holtz, Lee Ritenour
Old Nov 11, 2007, 11:24 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Platinum, AA EXP, National Executive Elite
11/9/07 - 3774 - LIT to DFW - General Wesley Clark in 11A ... Got in trouble when his cell rang after the door was closed and announcement made.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.