Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2001, 8:40 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Can someone find out if the Frazier dog might be willing to give me the remaining 10.3K I need to make EXP this year?

LOL.
Old Dec 2, 2001, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kwick:
More importantly, how can we be certain no one unkown to the dog has asked him to carry any items?</font>
“Ok, Fluffy, bark once for yes and twice for no.”

FewMiles..

------------------
[ FlyerTalkers' Resources on the Web ]
[ Unofficial Guide to AAdvantage ] [ Unofficial oneworld Info Desk ]
Old Dec 3, 2001, 6:40 am

A bit off topic, but the following is a quote form the old Hollywood Squares show:

Q: When you pat a dog on its head he will usually wag his tail. What will a goose do?
A: Paul Lynde: Make him bark.
Old Dec 3, 2001, 8:08 am

Always an amusing situation.

There have been many animals, fiddles, cellos, horns etc have AAdvantage miles who travel on their own purchased seat. Of course, it is against the AAdvantage rules and usually the miles are forfeited, or transferred to the owner as a one time exception.

One of the most popoular and frequent travelers in F was Nipper, the RCA dog. They say he would walk in, take his seat and not move until he deplaned at his next promotional stop. His mileage was in the six figures.
Old Dec 3, 2001, 1:36 pm

Nipper and Skipper. Eddie from Frasier. Lassie. All frequent travelers. Always in the forward cabin.

The service dogs are always the best, because the are so well trained. I have only had problems with onwers. Pets are always easy to deal with. For fun send a new girl to ask Zsa Zsa to put poochy back in the cage. Sit back and watch the fire works begin.
Old Dec 3, 2001, 1:52 pm
askworldtraveler

Living in Los Angeles, I know exactly what Zsa Zsa would have done - just ask the Beverly Hills Policeperson she decked.....

I posted this topic for the fun of it...and I haven't been disappointed

------------------
Askworldtraveler, EXP,4 million AA miles+++Hilton Gold (thanks to EXP)

Old Dec 3, 2001, 8:23 pm

Well for celebrity pets. Basically the rules are the same for what you would want the person next to you. Free of odor and parasite and well groomed. The pet itself must be the celebrity, not the owner.
Old Dec 3, 2001, 8:54 pm

Location: "Did you ever see Dallas from an MD-80 at night?" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
Okay, so I've gotta ask: Did he order a special meal?

(FA: "Excuse me, who gets the Canine Senior Maintenance meal?")
Old Dec 3, 2001, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aksnanswer:
Well for celebrity pets. Basically the rules are the same for what you would want the person next to you. Free of odor and parasite and well groomed. The pet itself must be the celebrity, not the owner. </font>
I would think this "rule" allows for highly trained dogs more than celebrity dogs.

And, as for the owners, yes, I can see how they would be more the problem. I used to get my 6'3", all legs, ex a bulkhead seat for any flight he took. He wasn't the most experienced traveler, and I thought I made it so all he needed to do was get on the plane, he would be set after that.

Well, then came the time when he boarded to find a chello (did I spell that right?) in his seat and its owner, sitting next to it, telling him to go sit somewhere else. It was a very full flight and the only available seat was in the back row by the bathrooms.

He held his ground, forcing the jerky chello owner to move his butt to the last row instead. The chello and my ex stayed up front. Sitting next to it, he told me the FA told him to fasten its seatbelt. He continued to take care of it, like its pushy owner made him promise to do, for the entire flight.

P.S. For the FA who posted that, "for fun," old FAs should sick Zsa Zsa on new ones, I have a friend who is a pilot that tells me how terrible and mean the old FAs are to the new ones, to the point of making them cry. So, I guess it's true ...

[This message has been edited by lisamcgu (edited 12-03-2001).]
Old Dec 4, 2001, 8:17 am

Location: SWUSA / AA PLAT, SPG PLAT, AMEX CENTURION, HHONORS Diamond
When I fly, I always let my wife sit next to me in a paid seat, but I untie the leash during the flight.

ok...ok....I know...I know....don't tell her guys....it was just set up too well...I had to take the bait.
Old Dec 4, 2001, 9:04 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BizJet:
I saw a TV special about AA at LAX, and one of the stories they captured was the dog from Frazier making a transcon trip. Apparently he commutes weekly beteen LAX and JFK. He always travels with his "trainer" and they always have two P seats. His seat is covered with a towel so the sheepskin seats won't become dogfur seats.</font>

PAX: Ma'am, Fluffy here wants to use his VIPOW's to upgrade me for this transpacific flight...

TA : Hmmm...Fluffy..oh..Sir, Can I have your FF number, IF YOU HAVE ONE

Fluffy : Wooof........Wof..Wof..Woof..Wof..Wof..Woof..Woof

TA : Oh ...Ok...All set..is there anything else I can do for you today.....

Fluffy : Wof .. Wof .. Wof.. Wof.. Wof.. Wof.. Wof Grrrr......

TA : Anything wrong sir...

PAX: Oh nothing

Fluffy : ( Translated for us folks ).... Hey we had a trade right.... You get the VIPOW's and I get my bone... Where the heck is my bone ...Grrr...

Welcome to Infinite Airways... where your trade is just a bark away.... Woof

Old Dec 4, 2001, 12:08 pm

Along the lines of "non-persons" with paid tickets:

--My brother-in-law once transported a sitar (Indian stringed instrument; he's a musician) by buying a ticket. Ticket read "Mr. Sitar".

--Friend worked as a classified documents courier. Paid ticket for the big duffle full of documents that sat on seat next to him. On one oversold flight, FA tried to get him to put it in overhead; he told her he'd go to jail if he left it out of his sight. 'had to take it with him when he used the restroom (a very tight squeeze).
Old Dec 4, 2001, 3:48 pm

I was on a flight (AA) in Oct. with a Border Collie that does commercials for Purina. Purina always buys them 3 seats so nobody else will wind up sitting next to them (the owner and the dog). The dog lives in Miami and flys to LAX often for filming of commercials and movies. Interesting.

[This message has been edited by fscher (edited 12-04-2001).]
Old Sep 4, 2002, 6:30 am
howellajohnson

AA Celebrity Sightings and Related (consolidated)

I'm not sure if this topic has already been covered, but would be curious to know what celebrities people have seen on AA flights. My own list includes: David Carridine, Johnny Cochoran, Ossie Davis, Ruby Dee, Whoppi Goldberg, Lauren Hutton, Iman, Ricky Martin, Walter Matthau (now deceased) Dolly Parton, Chuck Schumer, Beverly Sills...Most were in First Class and...nice...

Old Sep 4, 2002, 6:31 am

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by howellajohnson:
I'm not sure if this topic has already been covered, but would be curious to know what celebrities people have seen on AA flights. My own list includes: David Carridine, Johnny Cochoran, Ossie Davis, Ruby Dee, Whoppi Goldberg, Lauren Hutton, Iman, Ricky Martin, Walter Matthau (now deceased) Dolly Parton, Chuck Schumer, Beverly Sills...Most were in First Class and...nice... </font>
Ben Stein.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.