Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Celebrity Sightings and Related - 2000-2012

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:25 am

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
Willie Nelson was on my JFK-DFW flight 2 weeks ago--sitting across from me and I didn't realize it until we were getting off the plane!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:28 am

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Walt "Clyde" Frazier who is a former hall of fame basketball player for the NY Knicks was on our flight from SJU-JFK in late December 07. While in SJU waiting for our flight we enjoyed talking to him about how terrible the NY Knicks are this season and he completely agreed. He was wearing a knicks baseball cap and sitting in 1B. He seemed like a very open and friendly person.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:25 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ja_user
She always looks like that.
D'oh. Of all the listings in AAgent's post, this was the only person I wanted to comment about, and was going to say exactly the same thing (having seen her up close backstage at a Hole show several years ago). Scrolled down to find your post ^

Cheers.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:13 am

Henry Cisneros in 3B yesterday SAT-DFW. I was 3A. Had to laugh inside when I saw him reading an article about Spitzer's trouble.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:55 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Have you heard who is %$#ing Matt Damon?
Hahaha - thanks for sharing! Never seen it before...Matt Damon does look a little scary in this video...
Old Mar 13, 2008, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
As I was boarding a bit late with group 1 (I was in first and missed the preboard) for STL to LGA today special services brought an older gentleman to the front of the line. There was a young man carrying two guitar cases with him but the young man didnt board with him.

As we were going down the jetway another man said he heard that the older man was a famous musician. He said he didnt know about being famous but he was a musician. The younger man asked what instrument he played and the older man replied "I play some guitar". Finally the younger man asked him his name and he replied "Chuck Berry". I was stunned, I ended up sitting next to him in first. He was going to play in Paris. I didnt bother him but after we landed I thanked him for all of the music over the years, he thanked me and reached out and shook my hand.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by brp
D'oh. Of all the listings in AAgent's post, this was the only person I wanted to comment about, and was going to say exactly the same thing (having seen her up close backstage at a Hole show several years ago). Scrolled down to find your post ^

Cheers.
I was going to say that it sounded like a typical Tuesday for her.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:56 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum (6 MM)
Jocelyn Wildenstein, AA 118, 9 March, 3A...I was in 2D and didn't notice her until we deplaned. She really does look like a cat.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 8:49 am

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Originally Posted by AAgent
MIA :
Anne Bancroft

JFK :
Johnny Cochoran in the AC
You seem to be traveling with lots of dead people. Do they have blankets covering them?....
Old Mar 14, 2008, 8:58 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jaynyc
You seem to be traveling with lots of dead people. Do they have blankets covering them?....
With a name like AAgent, I'm guessing that the poster did not actually travel with these people, and this list likely goes back several years in work history. Just a hunch.

Cheers.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:01 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Sat next to David Alan Grier on 3/12 LAX-ORD. Used to love him on In Living Color. Quiet guy, kept to himself until he offered me his nuts when the FA was handing out cookies.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by skunker
Quiet guy, kept to himself until he offered me his nuts
A little like Ralph Fiennes?
Old Mar 18, 2008, 1:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by JY1024
Hahaha - thanks for sharing! Never seen it before...Matt Damon does look a little scary in this video...
Try this one......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIQrBouWRiE
Old Mar 18, 2008, 2:17 pm

On St. Patrick's Day no less.....

Michael Flatley..... "Lord of The Dance" or Riverdance fame

LAS-MIA connecting to Barbados

Spent time in the Admirals Club getting in with his Black Amex
Old Mar 18, 2008, 6:43 pm

Programs: Free Agent! B6 Mosaic, AA 5MM LT Plat (EXP gone), SPG LT Plat, WN APlus, Hilton Diamond
Bahar Soomekh, with family, AA 223 BOS/LAX on 3/15 in Y.

[The store owner's daughter in Crash, Davian's translator in MI-III, and also (I've read) in Saw III and IV. ]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.