Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by william142
Kinda makes it look like the merger is over or significantly delayed (ie a couple years). I find it hard to believe they would offer this if they were planning on combining programs soon. Looks like a run on us, dl, and ua elites!
I can assure you that this had to be planned far, far ahead of the DOJ challenge to the merger. Timing is definitely interesting, but highly unlikely to be related.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by amolkold
We just had a nasty devaluation today, and seeing as how I'm no longer ATL-based and now LA-based, a switch should have happened a while ago. This is just the kick in the pants I needed.

And AA does have CC EQM, though it's $40K for a paltry 10K EQM. I got 30K EQM from signup + $50k spend from DL . Add to my flights and 24K rollover and I'm sitting pretty at PM with 85K MQM.
That's why I said "much" . We keep that in line over here . You have to pay the $450 fee for that credit card on AA too, whereas you can get some MQM on the $175 DL credit card, in addition to what is possible on the $450 Reserve as well.

Noticed the devaluation, timing of this promo vs. that move by DL couldn't have come at a better time. "Yes we need to increase US-South Africa from 140k to 160k to guarantee flat-beds, even though we already have only flat bed 77Ls on ATL-JNB!"
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by brp

It's funny. Each and every time there is a promotion for non-current members, these kinds of comments arise. And I'd bet that 90+% of the people who make them stay with AA. So, it seems like AA are doing the right thing with the way they target these.

Originally Posted by brp

(I'd also guess - without evidence - that most of the people making these complaints are bottom-feeder, el cheapo elites like me )

Cheers.
You guessed wrong, I'm lucky to travel mostly on premium fares. I got near 150K points now (100K miles) and It's really annoying that AA doesn't send anything my way. The few times I traveled coach this year I didn't get upgraded. I reached 290K EQP last year, yet I am not considered more valuable that someone that gets 30 K miles today. For AA the EXP level has no value whatsoever, so it can be -practically- given away.

For EXPs it is time to start building 'equity' on other carriers, there is no life after 150K. It is time to flee, in particular if you fly on premium fares less than 100% of the time.

Anyone can recommend an alternative carrier to Asia/BOS/JFK from LAX?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I can assure you that this had to be planned far, far ahead of the DOJ challenge to the merger. Timing is definitely interesting, but highly unlikely to be related.
Parker can say what he wants but both airlines knew this was coming for months. There is no way they were blind sided...
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by amolkold
We just had a nasty devaluation today, and seeing as how I'm no longer ATL-based and now LA-based, a switch should have happened a while ago. This is just the kick in the pants I needed.

And AA does have CC EQM, though it's $40K for a paltry 10K EQM. I got 30K EQM from signup + $50k spend from DL . Add to my flights and 24K rollover and I'm sitting pretty at PM with 85K MQM.
Yeah, but Delta is a crap program. Oh that right, no o/w travel awards on DL and 375k for a r/t J award ticket to London.

I'll take AA any day devaluation and all.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
You certainly can not believe that! This is a common AA response in times of crisis.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Gack!!!

Last thing I need is more competition for upgrades...
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
As I'm in no hurry to book my last couple of flights for the year (prices are hardly stellar) I'm inclined to hold of for a few weeks just in case they throw us a bone (but say that only flights booked after registration will count).

Having said that, I wonder if the new ELTA bonuses are anything to do with this not being rolled out to existing elites. Now that we get more SWUs at 75k and 125k (and perhaps 150k...I can't remember) perhaps AA doesn't want to hand out any more of those (to PAX it already has) than they have to.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by SANLAXSFO
You certainly can not believe that! This is a common AA response in times of crisis.
I absolutely believe it. These type of programs require legal reviews, marketing coordination, financial impact analysis, sign-off by all P&Ls affected etc. This doesn't happen over night.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: Marriott (Titanium); National (Exec); Hilton (Gold)
Anyone confirm that it is not targeted? I know it will auto-respond a confirmation email, but that doesn't necessarily mean it applies to your account (like what happened in April-May 2013).
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: A few
signed up a new account. i'm LT plat but about to burn all my remaining miles so now downside to signing up, making exp till feb 2015 then reverting back to my old LT account after that
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:14 pm

Targeted?

Originally Posted by _kurt
No mention in the T&C of this being targeted, but I also can't find any public links to it. I guess it was just distributed on LinkedIn?
I signed up a family member who has no status and received confirmation email. I then called Advantage customer service and asked if they qualified and was told that they did not...that the promotion is targeted.

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
This is ridiculous. I will requalify with legitimate EQMs this year and my spouse (currently Gold) will likely qualify for Plat. I was hopeful that a promo-free year would clean out the ranks and make status meaningful again, but that was obviously naive. AA must think people like me are really stupid. Perhaps I was, but I will not be going forward.

Originally Posted by XMS91
Anyone confirm that it is not targeted? I know it will auto-respond a confirmation email, but that doesn't necessarily mean it applies to your account (like what happened in April-May 2013).
Here's the text about the eligibility. Clearly not targeted (other than it only applies to non-Elites )

*This is an exclusive offer only for non-elite status AAdvantage members. AAdvantage members with Gold, Platinum, and Executive Platinum elite status are not eligible for this offer. You must register by 11:59 p.m. CT on August 27, 2013, and prior to travel in order for your elite-qualifying miles to count toward this promotion.
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Four different offer codes...

H3TGM

H3TLK

H3TLI

H3TFB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.