Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2013, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by blondietink
I was told these were normal coach tickets and I would earn miles on the tickets. I will check the flight seating plans to see if there are any business class available.
Just because there may be seats showing in First on the seatmap does not mean that upgrade space exists. If only it were that easy!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Im getting the following error when trying to view my reservation for an upcoming trip in 5 days:

Check below for errors
Your reservation details cannot be retrieved at this time. This may be caused by changes made to the reservation outside of AA.com. Please contact AA Reservations.

I havent made sny changes... Any idea what can cause this? My other 4 trips work just fine...
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by kauppias
Im getting the following error when trying to view my reservation for an upcoming trip in 5 days:

Check below for errors
Your reservation details cannot be retrieved at this time. This may be caused by changes made to the reservation outside of AA.com. Please contact AA Reservations.

I havent made sny changes... Any idea what can cause this? My other 4 trips work just fine...
Did you put in for an upgrade? Typically you will see this message if your upgrade request is being processed. If you still see this message after a day or two I would call and make sure that there isn't a snag.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by catmndu
Did you put in for an upgrade? Typically you will see this message if your upgrade request is being processed. If you still see this message after a day or two I would call and make sure that there isn't a snag.
Okay thanks, I will keep checking
Old Feb 16, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.1MM
AA gift cards & merger

I have some gift cards and am worried about possible default/devaluation due to the merger. Could I purchase a fully refundable 1st class tix and then get a refund (I am EXP, so I guess fewer or no fees...)? I guess it wouldn't work since my cash would still be 'electronic' at AA.com... Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
anyone know how to book a flight w/ a flight credit from a previously cancelled trip w/oout calling AA res?

Trying to book the NYC-SCL trip and have 500 to use.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: US Gold, DL, AA, UA
On US, we never saw anything more than a snack basket in F on flights less than 3.5 hours. As one who travels up and down the east coast, what can I expect to see on AA on something the length of CLT-LGA
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by GNVFlyer
On US, we never saw anything more than a snack basket in F on flights less than 3.5 hours. As one who travels up and down the east coast, what can I expect to see on AA on something the length of CLT-LGA
That's an hour long flight on Eagle, so it'll be refreshments and drinks only. Refreshments means some packs of chex mix or pretzels I think. At least it does on mainline...haven't been on Eagle in a while.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
That's an hour long flight on Eagle, so it'll be refreshments and drinks only. Refreshments means some packs of chex mix or pretzels I think. At least it does on mainline...haven't been on Eagle in a while.
Unless you are CK or EXP, they don't give out snacks in Y on Eagle flights. Just took a two hour ERJ-145 (BWI-ORD), and the only thing given out to the pax were free drinks. They did have the trail mix and cheese plate for people who wanted to buy/elites.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Unless you are CK or EXP, they don't give out snacks in Y on Eagle flights. Just took a two hour ERJ-145 (BWI-ORD), and the only thing given out to the pax were free drinks. They did have the trail mix and cheese plate for people who wanted to buy/elites.
Yes, but I thought GNVFlyer was asking about F.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
Yes, but I thought GNVFlyer was asking about F.
My apologies. Thought he was talking about Y.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:54 am

So, ive been reading about the earnings of EQMs and I dont quite understand. If I fly 1000 miles in business class do I earn 1250EQMs or 1000EQMs? Not worried about points but the class of service bonus is throwing me off...
Old Feb 17, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
So, ive been reading about the earnings of EQMs and I dont quite understand. If I fly 1000 miles in business class do I earn 1250EQMs or 1000EQMs? Not worried about points but the class of service bonus is throwing me off...
a 1,000 mile flight in business earns:
1,250 RDM (redeemable miles - used for rewards)
1,000 EQM (elite qualifying miles - used for status)
1,500 EQP (elite qualifying points - also used for status)
1 EQS (elite qualifying segment - again also used for status)
Old Feb 17, 2013, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
You'd earn:

1,000 elite qualifying miles
1,500 elite qualifying points

The class of service bonus gives you add'l redeemable miles (1,250 total), but not EQM...
Old Feb 17, 2013, 9:18 am

Aisle seats

Hi

I am a 1m mile Gold AA traveller. Spouse is not gold or any "elite" status. She has the miles for 2 tickets. I don't (or just have 10,000 miles). Question is, if she were to get the 2 return trip flight awards using her FF number and by phone not on the website, would AA let us book 2 exit row seats (preferred) as they always have done when I booked or bought the tickets?

Thanks

EC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.