Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Sun 1/6/13
AA457
AUS-LAX
737-800 (new F, no Sky Interior)
Scheduled: 0720-0840
Actual: 0717-0915 (late due to single de-ice truck working in Austin)
F 9/16
Seat 5F

Choices:

Quiche with Bacon served with Asparagus and Grilled Roma tomatoes and assorted fruit
or
Cereal with fruit

Bread: Banana Nut Muffin or Biscuit

PDB: OJ or water

FAs were absolutely fantastic on this trip. I would've liked a full PDB while we waited for deice just pushed back from the gate, but it wasn't a huge deal. These quiche portions are pretty substantial, especially when you add the fruit and breads on top. The Purser forgot the biscuits at first, so they weren't ready until I was basically done with the meal, but I'll always wait for the biscuits. I love 'em!

Arrival mints were served. Kudos to this Boston-based crew (and for the record, there were 4 FAs despite the reconfigured interior).

Cheers,
Cameron

Last edited by Longhornmaniac8; Jan 10, 2013 at 5:18 pm
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tom911
I had a beef teriyaki salad with udon noodles on the 1630 ORD-SFO tonight. Not a lot of beef, but overall a pretty decent salad. The other option was some type of crepe, maybe chicken (no one around me had that).

http://tom911.smugmug.com/American-A...P1010351-M.jpg
Wow. I hope that tasted better than it looks.

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 12, 2013 at 8:59 pm Reason: Removed img tags fom quoted post
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:26 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
The noodles were a nice compliment to the salad and it did taste pretty good.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Greetings from the DFW AC in Terminal D

Just off AA1853. EWR- DFW
Departed right on time @ 12:40

No PDB
Warm nuts in ramekins (w/refills for those who wanted them)
Choice of chicken curry or a very nice salmon salad with chunks of pineapple.
Choice of white or wheat rolls, soft & nicely warmed.
Choice of double chocolate chip or red/white/blue cookie
No mints

All the various salmon salads, I think, are among the best AA offers & I am always pleased to see them offered on the flight.

Great crew, as well ^
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, AA EXP 1 MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5Star PC
2446 LAX - DFW (767-300ER) in First

-PDB was water/OJ/choice

-Warm nuts in ramekins with cocktail (my standard Bloody Mary)

-Entree choice of Buffalo chicken salad OR fish taco (Buffalo sauce not very spicy, single fish taco served with plate of lettuce, tomato, cheese, etc.)

-Warm cookie (choc/choc chip OR white choc/macadamia)

I chose the salad. The taco did not look very appealing except the plate of accompaniments would have made a great salad.

Crew was fantastic. Gate was a total disaster.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA 1210
DEN-ORD
MD80
6:00AM-9:35AM (sked)
6:50AM-9:45AM (actual)
January 11, 2012
WiFi
PDB
Breakfast Snack

Don't you just love the new meal terms. Breakfast Snack was on the monitor at A49. But this snack gives snacks a bad name. Yogurt and fruit plate with choice of plain bagel or cinnamon bun. Tasteless yogurt and not so ripe fruit in Colorado in January. Cinnamon bun was good and warm but not very Atkins-friendly. OK, how about going back to cereal?

Looks better than it tasted.

OK, maybe not.

Perhaps it would have been tasted better with Salt or Pepper??

Random thoughts from this morning. What kind of a moron wears sandals on a January flight from Denver to Chicago?

Perhaps someone at AA should realize that it is January. Both Christmas and Double Miles ended two weeks ago.

And exactly what language is this? Didn't realize that I was in the Automobile Association Lounge.

Last edited by SFO777; Jan 11, 2013 at 7:39 pm
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
01.11.13, DFW-DCA, Lunch

01.11.13, DFW-DCA (MD80), 11:30a departure, Lunch

No PDB

Hot nuts, towels

2 lunch options:
1. Chicken pot pie crepe
2. Beef salad

I had the crepe, partially because I was intrigued by what a "chicken pot pie crepe" was. Not terrible--chunks of chicken in a light white gravy-ish sauce wrapped in a crepe. Could have used a few more vegetables and a bit more seasoning, but it was decent. Came with mashed sweet potatoes, a small salad, and choice of a sourdough roll or a "cheesy bread stick." (I had the bread stick--yum).

Cookies distributed, on plates, at end of flight. Choc-choc chip or cranberry.

Mediocre service.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SFO777
AA 1210
DEN-ORD
MD80
6:00AM-9:35AM (sked)
6:50AM-9:45AM (actual)
January 11, 2012
WiFi
PDB
Breakfast Snack

Don't you just love the new meal terms. Breakfast Snack was on the monitor at A49. But this snack gives snacks a bad name. Yogurt and fruit plate with choice of plain bagel or cinnamon bun. Tasteless yogurt and not so ripe fruit in Colorado in January. Cinnamon bun was good and warm but not very Atkins-friendly. OK, how about going back to cereal?

http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/AA-S...IMG_0201-M.jpg

Looks better than it tasted.

http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/AA-S...IMG_0200-M.jpg

OK, maybe not.

http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/AA-S...IMG_0203-M.jpg

Perhaps it would have been tasted better with Salt or Pepper??

http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/AA-S...IMG_0202-M.jpg

Random thoughts from this morning. What kind of a moron wears sandals on a January flight from Denver to Chicago?

http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/AA-S...IMG_2876-M.jpg

Perhaps someone at AA should realize that it is January. Both Christmas and Double Miles ended two weeks ago.

http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/AA-S...IMG_2880-M.jpg

And exactly what language is this? Didn't realize that I was in the Automobile Association Lounge.

http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/AA-S...IMG_2882-M.jpg
Wow. That's just pathetic. There is absolutely no reason why any AA flight with breakfast service should not have a hot option. If they served meals on hour hops, this would be ok. But not for a 800 mile flight which at certain times of day gets a full steak dinner service.

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 12, 2013 at 8:56 pm Reason: Removed img tags from quoted post
Old Jan 12, 2013, 4:21 pm

Question

Breakfast skillet on this morning's DFW-BDL. Also had it a few days ago ORD-TPA.

Old Jan 12, 2013, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by tom911
Breakfast skillet on this morning's DFW-BDL. Also had it a few days ago ORD-TPA.

http://tom911.smugmug.com/American-A...44115474-M.jpg
That's a new one. any good? (granted, it has to beat the bar set by DEN-ORD)

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 12, 2013 at 8:56 pm Reason: Removed img tags fom quoted post
Old Jan 12, 2013, 4:42 pm

It sort of falls apart when you pick it up with a fork, but aside from that I enjoyed it. Came with an apple walnut muffin or biscuit. Wonder if the bagels are gone.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
I seem to dislike those skillets that have been around a few months. Does anyone else agree that beans and corn are nasty in a skillet/omelette. I have traveled the world and never at an omelette station have I seen an option for beans and corn. Please tell me the new one lacks beans and corn. I am all for those good ole' cheese omelettes they used to have!
Old Jan 12, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by SFO777

I got really excited when I saw the AATHX ad at DFW when I took my first flight of the year on the 8th because I thought they had decided to extend it... Alas!
Old Jan 12, 2013, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brewdog11
I got really excited when I saw the AATHX ad at DFW when I took my first flight of the year on the 8th because I thought they had decided to extend it... Alas!
No kidding. I thought I had missed something. As soon as I got to the AC, the first thing I did was check to make sure. I'm back in the AC today and the AATHX ad is still in the rotation. Maybe I should take another pic and send it to AA and ask for my double miles.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
AA 2289
BOS - DFW
737-800 (new F seats, no Sky interior)
4:40PM - 8:05PM (scheduled)
5:20PM - 8:45PM (actual; delayed due to medical emergency while at gate in BOS)
January 8, 2012
Dinner

PDB: None, even though we sat on the ground after boarding for quite a while

Dinner choices: Cheese-stuffed pasta or chicken entree (opted for pasta)

Accompanied by: shrimp entree, salad, choice of roll, and stellar service

Dessert choices: Ice cream or cheese plate (opted for ice cream)

As pictured, I chose the (good) cheese-stuffed pasta. The shrimp were fresh and the salad was quite good. The sourdough roll was as hard as a rock, and I felt like Fred Flintstone trying to crack it open with my knife to butter it up. My seatmate opted for the chicken, which he enjoyed. And yes, I am watching Scrubs on Netflix!

Just a little coffee and ice cream for dessert while watching Scrubs.

This was one of the best FA crews I've had in a long time. Service throughout the flight was close to constant; my drinks didn't go without refills for long, and I never had to wait an excessively long time to have my dishes cleared. The crew paid much attention to the "little things" (i.e. taking time to put the dressing on the salad instead of just leaving it in the explosive container). Not bad for domestic F!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.