Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP
MIA-EWR Breakfast

AA1212 MIA-EWR 8AM Jan 5

Quiche Lorraine or cereal. The quiche came with grilled asparagus and a roasted tomato that had some breadcrumbs or something on top. Choice of banana nut muffin or biscuit.

Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by harrison1186
AA 470
DFW-DCA
D 7:40 PM AR 11:25 PM
Dinner
1/6/2013

Choices for dinner were herb chicken with sweet potatoes or 4 cheese pasta. I got the herb chicken, which was nice and tasty. Salad was served with italian dressing, and included capers-something I've never seen before.Dessert same old turtle cheesecake. Crew attentive, though not particularly personable.
Same menu as above for dinner last night 1/6/2013:
DFW-SAN
Departed 20 min late
Arrived on time
MD82

No PDB (but flight was full and they were rushing to push as we were late)
Warm nuts
Hot towel
Herb chicken was moist and good. Ours had sugar snap peas and sweet potatoes
(No capers)
Mints before landing

FA in F was excellent. Attentive. Cocktails/wine/beverages replenished throughout flight without request. If your glass was empty he brought you a fresh drink until you said "no thanks".
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
01.07.13, DCA-ORD, Snack

01.07.13, DCA-ORD (MD-80, first class half-full), snack

Pre-departure beverages offered

Hot towel, hot nuts

Snack service with 2 offerings:
1. Chicken salad
2. Roast beef wrap

I had the chicken salad. Tasty: nice field greens, cold breast of chicken (appropriately moist), toasted pecans, pears, and beets. Olive oil and balsamic dressing.

Was followed later by a warm cookie, either chocolate-chocolate chip or cranberry, served on napkin.

Mints @ end of flight.

Excellent service; very attentive.

This is one of the reasons I like AA domestic premium cabins. UA doesn't serve meals on this route at ANY time, AA served a hearty snack on a 2p departure.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Lunch (DFW-SJC)

Warm nuts to start,

Entree: Chicken crepes w/green salad on the side or Cold Beef salad w/Udon noodles & ginger dressing. Choice of wheat roll or cheese bread

Dessert: White Chocolate chip or oatmeal cranberry cookie.
The above today on 1554 DFW-EWR.

'Crepes' also had a side of mashed sweet potatoes or winter squash (couldn't really tell which).
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dcfrequentflyer
01.07.13, DCA-ORD (MD-80, first class half-full), snack

Pre-departure beverages offered

Hot towel, hot nuts

Snack service with 2 offerings:
1. Chicken salad
2. Roast beef wrap

I had the chicken salad. Tasty: nice field greens, cold breast of chicken (appropriately moist), toasted pecans, pears, and beets. Olive oil and balsamic dressing.

Was followed later by a warm cookie, either chocolate-chocolate chip or cranberry, served on napkin.

Mints @ end of flight.

Excellent service; very attentive.

This is one of the reasons I like AA domestic premium cabins. UA doesn't serve meals on this route at ANY time, AA served a hearty snack on a 2p departure.
I'm book on a UA flight End of March DCA-ORD and it is listed as a Snack. Will be interesting to see what they serve though.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Ibotta, Southwest A-List
Lightbulb Meals and Drinks for 2013

I had chipotle chicken on a flight the other day and I think the only choice was a pasta something that sounded like nothing but carbs. The chicken was horried looked like something that was road kill. I could barely gag it down. You could bring on a Subway Sandwich and give us something better than that. I just want something that I can eat on my flight. I don't have to have some chef inspired meal that is a disaster. If you are going to have salad dressings then give us ranch or Italian.

The drinks really need to be re-done in business and first class. I either need a full bottle of water or something much healther than a can of Coke, a disgusting can of sugar called Cran-Apple aka Koolaid, or any of the other high fructose drinks on board. Can't you get with W hotels and find out some of their drinks they offer such as "FireFly" natural drinks? Anything would be better then these Coke products.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
Anyone have the menu for AA117 First Class (767-200) JFK-LAX (Lunch I think)?

Also, has the ability to pre-order your entree available on all US/Carrib flights in F now?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
AA 1017
ORD-DEN
MD80
7:55PM-9:25PM
January 7, 2012
WiFi
PDB: Open Bar
Dinner

Choice of stuffed pasta shells or herb chicken in beurre blanc sauce with sweet potatoes and snap peas. Greek-ish salad and chocolate chip cheesecake. Chicken was delicious, even after 10 hours of LX First. Flawless inflight service by senior NYC-based FA David. ^

Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life

Today's noon TPA-ORD featured chicken tikka or salmon. Should have ordered the salmon. Pretty bland tasting chicken dish. Won't order it again.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by dcfrequentflyer
Thanks for the welcome, JT...

01.04.13, LAS-DFW (MD80), 3:20p departure, snack

No pre-departure beverage

Hot nuts

2 choices:
1. Beef salad
2. Chicken wrap

I had the beef salad. It was served with one container of peppercorn dressing (ranch-like). It was good -- 4 strips of beef (cold), variety of greens, grape tomatoes, bleu cheese chunks, etc. I would have preferred a different dressing, but that's just me.

I noticed that the chicken wrap was a larger portion that I've seen on previous snack flights since the snack meals were re-done late last year.

Following was a cookie, either "white chocolate chip" or "white chocolate chip cranberry."

Mint during descent.

Very attentive service -- beverages refilled, etc.
Had the exact same options on LAS-DFW yesterday (01.08.13). The chicken wrap was dreadful and soggy. My flight took off at 10:55 a.m. Seems to me they should serve lunch on that flight instead of "snack." Others in first expressed displeasure as well.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 7+ million miles
Originally Posted by Vip4me
I had chipotle chicken on a flight the other day and I think the only choice was a pasta something that sounded like nothing but carbs. The chicken was horried looked like something that was road kill. I could barely gag it down. You could bring on a Subway Sandwich and give us something better than that. I just want something that I can eat on my flight. I don't have to have some chef inspired meal that is a disaster. If you are going to have salad dressings then give us ranch or Italian.

The drinks really need to be re-done in business and first class. I either need a full bottle of water or something much healther than a can of Coke, a disgusting can of sugar called Cran-Apple aka Koolaid, or any of the other high fructose drinks on board. Can't you get with W hotels and find out some of their drinks they offer such as "FireFly" natural drinks? Anything would be better then these Coke products.
I tried to choke this down on a SEA/DFW flight, it was the first time ever, (including several glasses of wine in an effort to blunt the taste), that I didn't eat the meal provided by AA. It was awful.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat;UA Gold;DL Gold;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Diamond;Marriott Gold;Hertz PC;Natl ExecElite
01.09.13, ORD-DFW, Snack

01.09.13, ORD-DFW (MD-80), 3:05p departure, snack

I've flown this route at this time several times before, and it had previously been a non-meal flight. So, I was pleased to see that it is now "snack" service. A coupel of other people in the cabin noted the new option, too. Pleased to see the enhanced service! A quick glance at AA.com shows that most ORD-DFW flights now have some sort of meal service (beyond nuts, cookie).

No PDB (crazy boarding, full flight)

Hot towel

Hot nuts

2 options:
1. Chicken salad
2. Roast beef wrap

Had the salad; good--cold chicken breast, greens, pecans, pears. No beets (the last time I had this salad, it had beats too; FA told me it was to have beets and she was surprised it didn't!).

Cookie -- chocolate-chocolate chip or cranberry.

SUPERB service! -- great with drinks, etc.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
I either need a full bottle of water or something much healther than a can of Coke, a disgusting can of sugar called Cran-Apple aka Koolaid, or any of the other high fructose drinks on board. Can't you get with W hotels and find out some of their drinks they offer such as "FireFly" natural drinks?
I'm a coke fan, so I disagree with that. I do agree that the "juices" need to be improved.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver

Pretty sure that the consensus would be that if AA is going to spend money improving the beverage selection it should be to improve the alcohol selections. Sorry but weird niche beverages isn't going to appeal to many. And such beverages are pricey. Most people want (a) water, (b) caffeine, and/or (c) booze. And secondarily maybe some juice. Sure, I'd love some Tropicana Homestyle on board but I'd still much rather they upgrade the scotch and cab.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I had a beef teriyaki salad with udon noodles on the 1630 ORD-SFO tonight. Not a lot of beef, but overall a pretty decent salad. The other option was some type of crepe, maybe chicken (no one around me had that).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.