Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by dcfrequentflyer
The chicken tasted OK--but does anyone else find the chipotle chicken breast oddly sized? It's so large. Where do they find chicken breasts that size?
I was looking at the multi-pack of chicken breasts at my local Tom Thumb (DFW Safeway chain) the other day, and the chicken breasts averaged over 1 lb each. Don't think I've ever had one that big for an airline meal.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Aa 1853 ewr-dfw

Lunch
Dep 1240PM

PDBs - Water

Salad

Salad with Steak (didn't see it)

OR

Moroccan Lemon Chicken with rice and chick peas

The chicken was one of the best airline meals I've had - nice spice - the rice seemed to be basmati rice - and the chick peas were in a nice sauce. There was a side of chutney.

Overall - excellent main

salad was typical - cookies for desert
Old Feb 2, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT, AS MVPG, AR PLT,SPG GOLD
Dinner flight 75 IAD-LAX biz class menu. Had prosciutto as an app. Motz salad choice of chateaubriand and a sundae. The other dinner option was four cheese ravioli. Also a cookie short time later.For a 5+hour flight lots of good food not to mention plenty of calories.

Last edited by bilah1; Feb 2, 2013 at 7:27 pm
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Eggs quesadilla for breakfast this morning DFW-BDL (not my favorite AA breakfast- would prefer an omelette):

Salmon, rice and broccoli on tonight's 1850 DFW-SFO (other option was pasta):

Any my first new-livery 777 sighting just before boarding the SFO flight (it was Sao Paolo bound from a gate just outside the D side AC):

Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
Breakfast or Lunch?

Curious about how AA selects meals bkfst versus lunch on flights...

Why does AA2 930A LAXJFK offer Breakfast in J/F when same 930A dpt time AA1470 LAXORD serves Lunch instead?

Is there any rhyme or reason?

Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:20 pm

Good question.

I would have thought it makes more sense to serve lunch on the JFK flight you mention, not the ORD flight.

Personally, I wish lunch started earlier. On even the earliest flights, I am generally up for at least three hours by the time breakfast is served.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:26 pm

How can u tell which meals are served before booking.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
Originally Posted by Bloodshot2k
How can u tell which meals are served before booking.
When making a reservation by price and schedule click on the icon near the flight number.It provide you meals, advance purchase requirement, booking code and cabin.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The .pdf timetable contains the meals as well.

I've had breakfast and lunch on the ORD flight - probably lunch when it was scheduled to depart at 9:45 am.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by cyber1k

Why does AA2 930A LAXJFK offer Breakfast in J/F when same 930A dpt time AA1470 LAXORD serves Lunch instead?

Thanks.
The change happened around the summer of 2010. At that time, it was a 763 exception for LAX-ORD and SFO-ORD. The change was implemented based on customer surveys.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 1:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus

I've merged your question and its subsequent replies into the consolidated thread on the topic. Please also note that FlyerTalk Guidelines & Rules do require users who do start new threads to use descriptive thread titles when doing so.

~Moderator
Old Feb 4, 2013, 1:49 am

Programs: AA EXP/Admiral's Club; Amex Platinum; AA Citi Executive; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by will2288

Personally, I wish lunch started earlier. On even the earliest flights, I am generally up for at least three hours by the time breakfast is served.
Agreed. Perhaps I'm the exception but I always eat Breakfast immediately after I wake up so I'd rather have lunch especially on a flight departing after 9am from the west coast
Old Feb 4, 2013, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver

Thanks.
A 9:30 a.m. eastbound flight will arrive ORD mid-afternon, long past lunch.

A 9:30 a.m. westbound flight will arrive LAX before/just at lunch time.

That said, I will almost always prefer lunch over breakfast. Frankly, there should probably be a "brunch" service with things like quiche and salad but no cereal (well there should never be cereal).
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
SLC-DFW
Breakfast
Super 80
Wi-fi enabled

Choice of beverage after takeoff with a hot towel.

Choice of cereal or a "quiche lorraine."

I chose the quiche lorraine, which came with asparagus and a breaded tomato. The dish it was served on was smaller than I am used to for a main entree dish. The FA had to heat up the quiche 3 separate times, as apparently it wasn't warm enough in the middle. I thought that the dish was quite good. I also thought that it was interesting that the cereal appeared to be from a box, as one would buy in the store. The brand was cascadian farms.

Dish was also served with a choice of biscuit or muffin, along with strawberry jam and butter on the tray.

Also came with a side plate of fruit featuring various diced melons and a solitary strawberry.

Drinks were re-filled as needed.

DFW-EWR
Lunch
Super 80
Wi-fi enabled

PDB Drink of choice.

Drink of choice, hot towel, and hot nuts after takeoff.

Lunch choices were either sauteed shrimp or salad with chicken. I've loved the salad in the past, though decided to be different and choose the shrimp. The dish, again on a smaller plate, came with 3 warm, cooked shrimp, grits, and corn and lima beans. I thought the dish was bland, though for me, I'd rather have a bland dish than super spicy. In short, I'd order it again. The meal also came with a side salad with balsamic vinagrette dressing and a choice of rolls, featuring...paging lucky9876coins... pretzel or wheat. I chose the pretzel and could of had 2 or 3! Choice of cookies for dessert including the white cranberry, chocolate chunk, or chocolate chip...flight attendant remarked that there were...several of each. I chose the chocolate chunk and was not disappointed. Drink refills were good during the meal, though the FA disappeared after the meal. Mints offered prior to landing.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by sts603
A 9:30 a.m. eastbound flight will arrive ORD mid-afternon, long past lunch.

A 9:30 a.m. westbound flight will arrive LAX before/just at lunch time.

That said, I will almost always prefer lunch over breakfast. Frankly, there should probably be a "brunch" service with things like quiche and salad but no cereal (well there should never be cereal).
True, but the flights the (pre-merge) OP mentioned are both eastbound from LAX at the same time. The ORD flght lands at 15:15, while the JFK flights lands much later at 17:45.

I agree, with regards to a true brunch offering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.