Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST. Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post; moderators can edit this Wikipost.

Welcome. This thread has been archived; please visit the 2014 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

2013 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2013, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by kmandrew
oma-ord cancelled today at 11 am, travelling on an award ticket oma-ord-sfo-pdx getting in portland around 9:45 pm. Now it is oma-dfw 6:15 pm then dfw-sfo getting in around 11:15 pm tonight then 7 am tomorrow to pdx.

New routing not is too bad (i have a 10:30 am meeting tomorrow morning) except all hilton sfo hotels are sold out, i got the d desk to find me a room but have to pay the rack rate $299 (hg in portland was $145 which i was able to cancel). I getting ready to head for the airport in a few minutes, is there anything due? My company will pay the $299 so all i would ask for is a meal voucher and maybe some miles or travel voucher?
1ord/lx cancel ord -oma -acct7ord/auto reaccom cxl flt completed see n*3697jun26ord p2 *0826*crcymg
1oma/lx cancel oma -ord -acct7oma/auto reaccom cxl flt completed see n*3697jun26oma p2 *0825*crcymg
1ord*/lx cancel oma -ord -acct
Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
1ord/lx cancel ord -oma -acct7ord/auto reaccom cxl flt completed see n*3697jun26ord p2 *0826*crcymg
1oma/lx cancel oma -ord -acct7oma/auto reaccom cxl flt completed see n*3697jun26oma p2 *0825*crcymg
1ord*/lx cancel oma -ord -acct
That doesn't tell us anything, does it.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by RachelG
My son was a vegetarian for several years. Just pick off the meat on the salad if there is some on there.
I would, but parents are veg. for religious reasons. so no go.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Was scheduled to be on AA 1778 (DEN to DFW) with a 4 PM departure. The aircraft has a busted APU, so we are delayed while they try to get a start cart. The AA start cart overheats and dies, so AA goes and gets frontiers start cart. they start engine #1 but cannot start engine 2; turns out the engine manifold is busted. Flight is delayed indefinitely and we are deplaned.

Rebooked on the 7:15 flight (AA520). Inbound aircraft is delayed by 1.5 hours due to MX. On arrival, we board and find out that this one ALSO has a busted APU. We go through the same hoops with the AA and Frontier start carts. Finally push back at 9:45 or so. At this point a huge thunderstorm comes in causing greatly reduced departures. We sit for about an hour and then are informed that we are burning through too much fuel. We are sent back to the gate and deplane again. Reboard the aircraft at 11:30 PM. Wheels up finally at past midnight and reach DFW at 3:00 AM.

How much compensation is reasonable to ask for due to double MX? Was originally going to be picked up, but took a cab instead due to 9 hour delay
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:13 pm

AA flight delayed 2 hours. Any compensation required?

PBI-ORD flight was delayed 2 hours as aircraft was coming from other location. Can I expect and should I ask for compensation?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
No, and in my opinion, no to the second question for 2hrs.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:16 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thread for exactly this topic:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

(Search term {"compensation"}).

For two hours, I say No.

Cheers.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
I had a flight delayed 13 hours and received no compensation apart from a hotel room for the night and meal vouchers.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Not a chance and you'd embarrass yourself by asking. 2 hours is nothing.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
You might get something if you ask, but I wouldn't send an email unless the two-hour delay caused me great inconvenience (i.e. missed connection, etc). I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you some miles, though.

Just remember, AA CS tracks complaints and therefore it is not wise to cry wolf.

Try posting over in the compensation thread, which brp was already kind enough to post a link to.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
Assuming this is for today, your plane is probably late due to weather on the east coast (it looks like your plane is coming from ORD after starting the day in PHL), or due to a fire alarm this morning at an FAA trafiic control facility near O'hare which caused some delays for a few minutes this morning.

Neither of these is reasons AA's fault and compensation would certainly not be expected.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
AA gave me a $500 voucher for a two hour delay because it compromised travel back from the airport to my home. I certainly didn't expect that much, though.

Either way, minor mistake and a major fix, very pleased and looking forward to continuing service with AA.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Pinned
AA gave me a $500 voucher for a two hour delay because it compromised travel back from the airport to my home. I certainly didn't expect that much, though.

Either way, minor mistake and a major fix, very pleased and looking forward to continuing service with AA.
Wow.

I emailed CS today about seeing if I could get something towards the cab ride I had to get at 3 AM due to 3 MX delays amounting to 9 hours. Will see.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Antarius
Wow.

I emailed CS today about seeing if I could get something towards the cab ride I had to get at 3 AM due to 3 MX delays amounting to 9 hours. Will see.
Same issue for me, flight got in so late that transportation was a bit tough. I called and they forwarded me through a bunch of people to some sort of customer service person for elite/first class customers (at least that is what I was told after being forwarded for the third time).

Certainly a nice gesture, the value of the voucher is nearly the same as what my flight cost. They really had no reason to be so generous considering I don't have status with AA yet. Though I will say that the higher tier customer service agent and the great FAs I had yesterday made the whole experience a positive for me.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 3:13 pm

Thanks for your replies. I'll make sure to read through linked thread.

Considering that this flight has been late by 2+ hours 50% of the time this week, I have little sympathy for AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.