Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to, and listing of, compensation (2012)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
April 23....AA #1203 YYZ-DFW went MX after boarding. Problem with a light during checklist. Sat over 90 minutes while repairs were attempted. #1203 CX'd Arrived home 4 1/2 hours late.
Was re-routed YYZ-ORD-DEN-PSP. Last leg on United.
I emailed CR asking for ORC specifically for the EQM's. Within 6 hours got a response with 10,000 miles into account and forward ORC request to CS. Will report if it arrives.
Old May 2, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
Date: May 02, 2012

AAdvantage Status: PLAT
Fare Class: O - Upgraded via Miles + Copay to D/A
What Happened: AA 36 DFW-MAD

Flight diverted to JFK and cancelled based on broken lavatories.

Compensation Offer: 20,000 miles

Spoke with the Executive Office (because all of Customer Relations were busy) and they would not offer additional compensation.
Old May 2, 2012, 4:59 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Pucnit
Date: May 02, 2012

AAdvantage Status: PLAT
Fare Class: O - Upgraded via Miles + Copay to D/A
What Happened: AA 36 DFW-MAD

Flight diverted to JFK and cancelled based on broken lavatories.

Compensation Offer: 20,000 miles

Spoke with the Executive Office (because all of Customer Relations were busy) and they would not offer additional compensation.
Tough break. 20k miles is still very generous.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
Originally Posted by uxb
Tough break. 20k miles is still very generous.
I offered the miles back I wanted a voucher for future travel by preference.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:44 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by Pucnit
I offered the miles back I wanted a voucher for future travel by preference.
Fair enough. You might get it depending on how late you got to LHR. Let us know.
Old May 3, 2012, 3:18 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Originally Posted by pssteve
April 23....AA #1203 YYZ-DFW went MX after boarding. Problem with a light during checklist. Sat over 90 minutes while repairs were attempted. #1203 CX'd Arrived home 4 1/2 hours late.
Was re-routed YYZ-ORD-DEN-PSP. Last leg on United.
I emailed CR asking for ORC specifically for the EQM's. Within 6 hours got a response with 10,000 miles into account and forward ORC request to CS. Will report if it arrives.
Got ORC EQM's credited into AA account today.
Old May 3, 2012, 5:46 am

Quick question... I had a flight scheduled at 7:50 PM yesterday from AMA to DFW and there was a mechanical problem on the plane. We were deplaned, and told we were stuck here for a night. Myself and the other passengers were given vouchers for a hotel room (had to wait over an hour for the hotel shuttle to arrive) and they gave me a dinner voucher for 12 dollars, a breakfast voucher for 7, and a lunch voucher for 12 dollars. They pushed me three flights (to 12:50 pm today) and told me that "my ticket type would not allow me to stand by without paying an additional $75 fee."

This seems kind of ridiculous. (And frankly, I didn't really want the hotel voucher anyhow... Not to mention the almost entire day that I lost in the process...)

What's the best action that I can take? What do you think I may be able to get? Also, what's the best way to ask? Call customer service and ask nicely?

Thanks for your help in advance... I really want to get home :-(
Old May 3, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
4/28/2012
EXP
O
127 had an equipment swap (763>752), then a mx delay, another equipment swap and arrived >2.5 hours late.
$100 eVoucher
Old May 3, 2012, 9:31 am
uxb

Originally Posted by Jkiszka
Quick question... I had a flight scheduled at 7:50 PM yesterday from AMA to DFW and there was a mechanical problem on the plane. We were deplaned, and told we were stuck here for a night. Myself and the other passengers were given vouchers for a hotel room (had to wait over an hour for the hotel shuttle to arrive) and they gave me a dinner voucher for 12 dollars, a breakfast voucher for 7, and a lunch voucher for 12 dollars. They pushed me three flights (to 12:50 pm today) and told me that "my ticket type would not allow me to stand by without paying an additional $75 fee."

This seems kind of ridiculous. (And frankly, I didn't really want the hotel voucher anyhow... Not to mention the almost entire day that I lost in the process...)

What's the best action that I can take? What do you think I may be able to get? Also, what's the best way to ask? Call customer service and ask nicely?

Thanks for your help in advance... I really want to get home :-(
Well, a call to AA Customer Service (1-800-882-8880) would take care of your desire to get on an earlier flight. Just explain to the agent that your travel was interrupted. Short of that, AA did everything else it could do. Sorry.
Old May 8, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
5/6/12
Gold (me) and None (wife)
Award Tickets booked out of my account
AA MAD-MIA flight took off, had mechanical problem, landed, could not find part, flight cancelled. Everyone had to be rebooked and I completely lost my planned MIA stopover, went through JFK instead where I stayed at my own expense (though AA said they would have covered the hotel, I just stayed with family)
20,000 miles received per person automatically 2 days later via email. Also, since my INVOL reroute was booked as a 'paid' ticket received 3500 miles for the IB MAD-JFK flight.

I *think* that as a European flight I am due 600 euros per person for a cancelled flight that had me arrive more than 3 hours after, but its not 100% clear if it applies to 'free' flights and paid flights. Since the tix cost 20k miles basically the flight was free so I may let it go rather than try to escalate.

The email also indicated that AA would reimburse hotel stays in Madrid, but I am hoping they will instead reimburse me for 2 3 minute phone calls I had to make on an airport payphone in Madrid -- total cost -- $90!! Next time I will learn not to use up my prepaid SIM completely -- you really think once you're in the AIR on the way back to the USA you no longer need foreign money, SIM, etc, but lesson learned; until I"m back on the ground better keep service!
Old May 8, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Date: May 8th 2012
Fare: X (500 mile upgrades)
Flight: AA2419

What happened: Upgraded to first class on a 763 DFW-LAX unfortunately the armrest adjacent to the wall/window was broken and there was food in the audio jack so no audio during the flight. No other available seats due to full flight.

Compensation offer: 10,000 miles within one hour of report
Old May 8, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wolf539
Date: May 8th 2012
Fare: X (500 mile upgrades)
Flight: AA2419

What happened: Upgraded to first class on a 763 DFW-LAX unfortunately the armrest adjacent to the wall/window was broken and there was food in the audio jack so no audio during the flight. No other available seats due to full flight.

Compensation offer: 10,000 miles within one hour of report
WOW! 10k for in-op audio on a short flight like that? Take what you got and run.
Old May 8, 2012, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by mikelat
WOW! 10k for in-op audio on a short flight like that? Take what you got and run.
I can live with in-op audio; it was the armrest that was the real issue. It was broken and locked in the lowered position...
Old May 9, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat for Life
Date: May 9th 2012
Fare: X
Flight: AA1192

Sitting here in PHX waiting for the crew for 1192. Original departure time is 4:25pm, been pushed back a few times; now at 11:30.
I'll get to DFW at 3:45 AM, then first flight getting into AUS at 9:15.
I'll be over 10 hrs late plus a day of work is basically wasted due to lack of sleep.
EXP concierge got me rebooked as soon as I called, but it doesn't sit well with me that we're waiting 7hrs on a crew. I'll prob. send an email asking for a few EQS and miles. I'll update when I hear back
Old May 9, 2012, 8:08 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

$200 voucher for $400 cab fare

Cancelled flight last minute because could not locate stewardess. Offered to rebook flight 2 days later, but I managed to find flight 100 miles away a little earlier.

Had to take $400 cab ride and miss 1 day of a $1000 night resort rather than 2 days. Their compensation: $200 in flight vouchers.

I complained: "We believe the compensation was fair."

It's troubling when they cancel flights because they don't have the staff. Seems like a pretty well run company. No wonder they are profitable and have $50MM flats in London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.