Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:26 pm

CS told me that it only applies to those who are targeted and that they should have all gotten emails. I explained that I had two family members who, for various reasons, might not receive the emails even if they were supposed to (which is true and is why I called). I had the agent check the accounts of the two family members I thought it would benefit and she told me that neither of them were eligible. I did not raise the question of registering even if you are not eligible. She was able to check very quickly and seemed familiar with the promo. My guess is that even if you get an automatic email confirming your registration, you will not get the status; as to the RDM's, I would think those slip through more easily, so perhaps.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Not eligible per CS

I registered and got an email confirmining. I called to make a reservation and asked if this would count toward HVCAA. I was transferred and had to talk to TWO people. Finally told NO you are not eligible!!!!!!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bcj1949
I registered and got an email confirmining. I called to make a reservation and asked if this would count toward HVCAA. I was transferred and had to talk to TWO people. Finally told NO you are not eligible!!!!!!
Say it ain't so...
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:44 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
CS told me that it only applies to those who are targeted and that they should have all gotten emails.
Certainly not a surprise, confirmation emails notwithstanding. Not too long ago, I got an email from a guy in Nigeria indicating that I could come into a large sum of money if I sent him a small fraction of that. Well, Mr. Butulezi, I'm still waiting

Originally Posted by LAXgt
Say it ain't so...
I assume you're kidding, yes?

Cheers.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Say it ain't so...
They even wanted to know how I found out about the promo!!!!!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Not surprising. They might be wondering why ten times more people registered than there were invitation emails sent out.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Science Goy
Not surprising. They might be wondering why ten times more people registered than there were invitation emails sent out.
"I found out on the internet."

"What the **** is the internet??"

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 9, 2012 at 4:49 pm Reason: TOS #88 redaction
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
It is funny that company still wonders how we found out about targeted promo.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
If things go badly be sure to post how the revised version of 1K compares to EXP so the rest of us can decide where to go. I'm pretty confident the offers for a match would get better rather than worse if it became clear AA could no longer be competitive.
I certainly will, but given that's it's UA, I wouldn't hold out hope for anything decent.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA, DL, CO,BA
CS told me that it only applies to those who are targeted and that they should have all gotten emails. I explained that I had two family members who, for various reasons, might not receive the emails even if they were supposed to (which is true and is why I called). I had the agent check the accounts of the two family members I thought it would benefit and she told me that neither of them were eligible. I did not raise the question of registering even if you are not eligible. She was able to check very quickly and seemed familiar with the promo. My guess is that even if you get an automatic email confirming your registration, you will not get the status; as to the RDM's, I would think those slip through more easily, so perhaps.
Good to know. I won't plan any travel differently due to this promo, but if some extra RDMs happen to land in my account because of registering for it, I won't complain.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
It is funny that company still wonders how we found out about targeted promo.
Do they realize people talk to each other? Wouldn't it actually be GOOD if someone who was actually targeted for this promo, probably a business traveler, went to another person in their same boat and mentioned that AA did this for them, causing that person to call in and potentially get targeted as well (assuming similar travel profiles) and make AA more money?

I will save my breath on the call tonight (about to make it in fact). Time to keep it on the down low and hope the computer system isn't smart enough . I'm ok if I don't get anything anyway!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA since 1988 (ex-elite status); Alaska; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alfagirl
Originally Posted by quant_93
Can someone please post the URL on aa.com for the page that allows one to register for this?
There is no link. Just go to AA.com, login and register for the promo 'HVCAA'
Well, actually, I think it is difficult to find where to register.
So, fyi, Re-posting post 63ish...

Originally Posted by josephstern
FYI, if you're wondering where to sign up:

http://www.aa.com/offers

login in and register.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by bostonoski
Well, actually, I think it is difficult to find where to register.
So, fyi, Re-posting post 63ish...
Can't you just go to the Advantage drop-down menu, choose "News and Offers" and then "Flights"? Thought if you knew the code (HVCAA in this case) you could generally enter it there.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA since 1988 (ex-elite status); Alaska; Hilton Diamond
Can't you just go to the Advantage drop-down menu, choose "News and Offers" and then "Flights"? Thought if you knew the code (HVCAA in this case) you could generally enter it there.
1... I was just trying to be helpful.
2... And no, sorry, I don't think that it's at all intuitive to go to "News and Offers" and then "Flights"... for a promotion.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM AA, Admirals Club
To whom did you speak? You say "TWO PEOPLE."

There is no evidence that those 'two people' were competent or had any clue as to what they were babbling about, nor that they didn't.

Just saying.

I've been told, as many have read here in other posts, nonsensical things from many at AA, including the EXP desk, Customer Relations and Customer Service.

The only way anyone is REALLY going to know is, A), They REGISTER for the promotion, and were NOT invited, B) fly the 25,000 miles in the allotted time frame to see if they were awarded the 8 SWUs - and double miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.