Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:36 am

Programs: AA PLATINUM
For me that is wrong. If you make EXP with this promo they cannot take you the benefits of becoming EXP with 100k EQM. So i think if you get EXP then hitting 100K EQM you will have it until FEB 2014.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Further baseless speculation:

Maybe this is a nice way of capturing elites from United that discover the new 2012 Mileage Plus program turned out to be worse.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by sukn
I would not trust the word of a front line employee on the first day of a targeted promo's announcement.
I wouldn't trust it either, but it is better than nothing. I was just curious as to what the front line employee may have said to someone registered for a targeted promo that they were not targeted for.

Originally Posted by sukn
To suggest that if you make EXP with this promo, you have lost all opportunity to earn EXP with BIS/100k EQM/Points/Segments and extend the EXP period into 2014 does not make sense to me.
That's my thought too. I'll be at 59k once all my promo miles post, and I could do 25k before May if I wanted. Not hard to justify as I'll need it at some point to finish the 100k for EXP before the end of the year anyway, so might as well go sooner rather than later. I don't have much of an issue being the guinea pig on this either, though we won't find out until the big trip I'd have in going to Asia in late May. Really, I do not see how (for me personally) this would harm me in going for EXP. I'd only be at ~88k EQMs crossing the promo EXP mark. They'd have to give me more for 100k. I just need to make sure I can put the flights together.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by rookiecz
For me that is wrong. If you make EXP with this promo they cannot take you the benefits of becoming EXP with 100k EQM. So i think if you get EXP then hitting 100K EQM you will have it until FEB 2014.
But the expiration date of the SWUs is unclear. Status earned through the promo is good through Feb. 2013, and presumably the SWUs expire then as well. If later this year you fulfill the standard EXP criteria, I agree it's almost certain that your EXP status will be extended through Feb. 2014, but I doubt you earn another 8 SWUs. So are the expiration dates extended on the ones you earned through the promo? Seems like they would be, but I sure wouldn't bet my SWUs on it.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:55 am

I find this annoying as I just paid $200 for a PLT challenge!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:56 am

So, going directly to the point of "EXP lite's" that were coronated from last year's 25K points promo - if one were to earn "EXP lite" thru this challenge and then not maintain for 2013/2014...would there be a soft landing to PLT or a straight drop down to GLD/nothing??
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
The idea of targeting UA or *A flyers with lots of recent flights is interesting, but I don't see how AA would have access to that info.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I booked an AA codeshare flight MAD-ORD operated by IB. Do think that will qualify like it normally would, or is this exclusively AA metal?

Last edited by Deltahater; Feb 9, 2012 at 7:31 am
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:47 am

i just register to this promotion, I'm at 64k eqm, and will fly 37k more before may 31st. So i hope i can get double miles on it and maybe more than 8 SWU??
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:58 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rookiecz
i just register to this promotion, I'm at 64k eqm, and will fly 37k more before may 31st. So i hope i can get double miles on it and maybe more than 8 SWU??
Unlikely.It's more likely that you'll screw yourself and get the same 8 SWUs, but with one year less of life. Sure, this is just speculation, but is plausible given all of the above.

Also, with many targeted promos like this, many have been able to sign up, but few have been granted the results. We'll have to wait and see.

Cheers.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:07 am

I just don't see this working for non-targeted customers. The paid PLT challenge is already available, and I don't see AA forgoing that potential revenue except for a small group of targeted customers.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:08 am

afterall, what happen with this promo or not, they will have to give me the regular EXP and SWU until 2014 if i qualify with 100EQM.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by brp
Unlikely.It's more likely that you'll screw yourself and get the same 8 SWUs, but with one year less of life. Sure, this is just speculation, but is plausible given all of the above.

Also, with many targeted promos like this, many have been able to sign up, but few have been granted the results. We'll have to wait and see.

Cheers.
Point taken of course. Basically it's the risk of cutting a year off your SWUs (I can wipe 4 of them out easily by 2/28/13 anyway, and might use the others for requalifying flights for 2013 EXP). However, you get an extra 100% RDMs for the 25k miles. It's a tough call, wiping a year off the SWUs is painful. But, if you can get 8 expiring 2/28/2013, then hit 100k and qualify for another year and get 8 SWUs expiring 2/28/2014, then it doesn't matter at all since you're getting bonus SWUs. This is more a case of "How smart do we think AA's computer systems are". I think it's a 95% chance none of us nontargeted people will get anything to be honest, and I'm ok with that, since that's really how it should be anyway. No difference from before this post was ever made.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
This is somewhat important for us. We would buy additional tickets on AA simply based on this promo. I signed up for it and I received the "congrats you are now registered" email.
I really don't want to spend $800 per RT to Europe x2 times 3 people ($4800), just to find out that we don't qualify for the promo, even though AA said we would.
Any advice on how to confirm that we are qualified (or denied) BEFORE booking these trips and having to wait for the results?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM AA, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by Deltahater
This is somewhat important for us. We would buy additional tickets on AA simply based on this promo. I signed up for it and I received the "congrats you are now registered" email.
I really don't want to spend $800 per RT to Europe x2 times 3 people ($4800), just to find out that we don't qualify for the promo, even though AA said we would.
Any advice on how to confirm that we are qualified (or denied) BEFORE booking these trips and having to wait for the results?
Same here. Just registered and got the "confirmation" email. But...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.