Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:25 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
The people get just under 4 months to fly 25k miles. Anyone able to do that can probably do 100k in a year. This is the reason the challenges exist, so that people who already fly x number of miles can move it all to AA, and get a headstart on having the status they expect as someone who flies that frequently.
Also, the only people who would know about this are the targeted people (they'd not be pissed) and people who read it here on FT who, realistically, are not AA's best customers

So, the number of real "best customers" to be pissed is very small.

Cheers.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
The people get just under 4 months to fly 25k miles. Anyone able to do that can probably do 100k in a year.
I can have two trips to asia in 4 months but will not have 6 trips in a year.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by brp
But that was the previous points-based challenge, IIRC. This seems like a different beast, so the rules may (or may not ) be different.
True, AA can do whatever it wants. Although if you ask the megadoers who also completed the EXP challenge on miles, not points, they will also tell you that they received 8 SWUs upon completion of a challenge and an additional 8 once they reach 100K this year.

Originally Posted by brp
It also seems that, confirmed or not, it may not be the case.
I'm not sure what kind of challenge the poster you quoted was on, if at all, but if you ask anyone who has done a real EXP challenge will tell you that they received 8 SWUs upon completion of the challenge plus an additional 8 once they reach 100K EQM/EQP in the same year.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by mingw
I can have two trips to asia in 4 months but will not have 6 trips in a year.
And I'd have a trip to Seoul and two trips to California from BOS and I'd get over 25k. Then, I could easily not go anywhere the rest of the year either. The people who are actually being targeted by this promo aren't in that mold. Also, flying 25k just to get EXP and then not flying anymore after that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The key isn't simply to become EXP, you want to use the benefits of being EXP for the most part. If you become EXP and then don't fly much/at all afterwards, it doesn't really make a huge amount of sense to do it.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM AA, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
True, AA can do whatever it wants. Although if you ask the megadoers who also completed the EXP challenge on miles, not points, they will also tell you that they received 8 SWUs upon completion of a challenge and an additional 8 once they reach 100K this year.

I'm not sure what kind of challenge the poster you quoted was on, if at all, but if you ask anyone who has done a real EXP challenge will tell you that they received 8 SWUs upon completion of the challenge plus an additional 8 once they reach 100K EQM/EQP in the same year.
So once again, it begets the question: Do people who WERE NOT INVITED to participate, and who register for the promo, get EXP at an accelerated rate and the 8 Extra SWUs.

Well, I registered (and was not invited to) and I will end up flying 25,000 miles by the end of the promotional period, so I will find out, I guess.

And perhaps others will a lot ahead of me and can come back and let us all know what happens.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by BlissWorld

I did a "real" challenge, I did it the same time as you, we exchanged PM's about it. I only got 8.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:01 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by laxconnorw
So once again, it begets the question: Do people who WERE NOT INVITED to participate, and who register for the promo, get EXP at an accelerated rate and the 8 Extra SWUs.
Since this question cannot be answered any more than it already has (based on prior experiences), I'd contend that continuing to ask the question is not going to result in more information.

Cheers.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro 1.4M, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by quant_93
Can someone please post the URL on aa.com for the page that allows one to register for this?

Seems like a destructive promotion, has me quite upset that people that fly less than me will have a much easier path toward ExPlat, giving me more competition for the complimentary upgrades. I fly some crazy routings to insure that I hit 100K, I resent that someone can get the same benefits as me by flying only 25K. Not smart to alienate your best customers when you've just lost over $900 million in a single month and are going to lay off over 10K employees.
There is no link. Just go to AA.com, login and register for the promo 'HVCAA'
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 1M, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Deltahater
Any advice on how to confirm that we are qualified (or denied) BEFORE booking these trips and having to wait for the results?
I suspect we will have at least a good indication within one week: Non targeted FTers have signed up and some of them probably have travel within days of the start date. Since the offer includes a double RDM component disconnected from the fast track qualification requirement, I assume those miles will be added to accounts in the usual double-RDM sweeps. If the double RDM aspect takes effect, I would think that is at least strong evidence that the rest will. Of course, they could come back later and take those miles away, but time will tell. I honestly don't see a realistic downside to registering.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:25 am

Location: New Orleans on a sabattical. My roots are in Los Angeles.
Programs: Chase Palladium, AMEX Plat, UA Plat, AA EXP, HH/SPG G, PC plat
I got an email confirmation thanking me for registering.

Any one remember what Platinum or Exec Platinum would status match onto UA for?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by rizwank
I got an email confirmation thanking me for registering.
Me too, I'm hoping that something will come up on my account saying that I am enrolled before I start looking for a few mileage runs
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:26 pm

Do non-AA OneWorld Miles Count?

Is it safe to assume that mileage/points acquired on non-AA OneWorld Airlines (e.g., BA, QF, CX, etc) do NOT count as part of this promotion? Only AA, American Eagle or AmericanConnection count?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by rizwank
Any one remember what Platinum or Exec Platinum would status match onto UA for?
Probably best to read the UA thread on status matches. The tiers over at UA have recently changed (new 75K tier) so even the advice I could offer on what was happening last year could be out of date now.
United Status Match [Merged Threads] (Updated 2010)
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by DjRashonal
Me too, I'm hoping that something will come up on my account saying that I am enrolled before I start looking for a few mileage runs
If you're looking to see something on-line, AA does not have a section on their website to indicate what promos you are enrolled in. You'll need to speak with an agent.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Would it be against the rule #1 of FT, Thou Shalt Not Call the Airlines, to see if I would be valid for this promo? I have to call later to make an adjustment on a reservation anyway so I could ask then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.