Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:03 pm

Sign-up successfully

I did signed up successfully, and with a confirmed email saying: I registered to the HVCAA offer.

The question: is this the EXP fasttrack promotion, how do I confirm (know) it is?

I had a trip booked to China with CO (confirmed upgraded with one leg) in Mar. Thinking I may switch to AA (with mile upgrade). I am 1K this year with CO/United.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by rizwank
I got an email confirmation thanking me for registering.

Any one remember what Platinum or Exec Platinum would status match onto UA for?
Platinum will match to whatever they will now call their 50K level, and EXP will match to their new 75K level (NOT to 1K).
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by rfrost
Platinum will match to whatever they will now call their 50K level, and EXP will match to their new 75K level (NOT to 1K).
Depends on your mileage. I got them to match me back to 1K as a backup since I think the next couple months will tell the tale of where AA is going.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by gegarrenton
Depends on your mileage. I got them to match me back to 1K as a backup since I think the next couple months will tell the tale of where AA is going.
If things go badly be sure to post how the revised version of 1K compares to EXP so the rest of us can decide where to go. I'm pretty confident the offers for a match would get better rather than worse if it became clear AA could no longer be competitive.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:50 pm

Just registered and got the email as well... but not going to do anything unless I can absolutely be sure of this.

Nonetheless, given how generic the confirmation email was, I am thinking that this could be an IT glitch.

We will have to wait and see.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Would it be against the rule #1 of FT, Thou Shalt Not Call the Airlines, to see if I would be valid for this promo? I have to call later to make an adjustment on a reservation anyway so I could ask then.
Ask away and let us know!!!!!!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by bcj1949
Ask away and let us know!!!!!!
I'm tempted not to call attention to this though. Not quite sure if I want to bring it up.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:09 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I'm tempted not to call attention to this though. Not quite sure if I want to bring it up.
It won't matter in this case. It's not like a mistake fare. Calling will have no impact.

Cool that so many people are posting that "gee, it worked for me, too, when I registered."

Considering that it's not rejecting anyone, that really is useful information. Keep 'em coming ^

(Although the first person to get rejected really should post )
Cheers.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by brp
It won't matter in this case. It's not like a mistake fare. Calling will have no impact.

Cool that so many people are posting that "gee, it worked for me, too, when I registered."

Considering that it's not rejecting anyone, that really is useful information. Keep 'em coming ^

(Although the first person to get rejected really should post )
Cheers.
Yes, I've spent too much time in the MR forum . I don't even want to call the airlines when I have to! I will call tonight and ask about the promo and see what the agent says. I won't go to the second rule of FT, HUACA .
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by brp

And, when the complaint threads start here after the fact, there will be plenty of people to reiterate this point then

Cheers.

to participate.
Truthfully, if I register and don't qualify, I expect compensation from the OP for pain and suffering.

Yes, I've spent too much time in the MR forum . I don't even want to call the airlines when I have to! I will call tonight and ask about the promo and see what the agent says. I won't go to the second rule of FT, HUACA .
May I make a suggestion? I'd consider sending an email. Then, if you later find out you got misinformation, you'll have it in writing when they tell you "too bad" as opposed to a conversation that may/may not be recorded. It probably won't help your case in the end, but it's better than nothing.

Mike
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:31 pm

just wondering

Are people that are already plat or exp applying for this promo in the hopes that they will get the double miles, but also (and way more importantly) get the extra 8 SWU's? I haven't seen anybody break it down like that yet, and since i'm 1500 miles short of EXP (at least until some miles post), it might make sense for me to sign up.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mingw
I can have two trips to asia in 4 months but will not have 6 trips in a year.
But if you don't keep flying... the status is of no benefit to you... and has very little cost to AA to deliver that status that you don't use, and hurts other status flyers little, as you are not flying much.

It is the age-old argument of does increasing the number of status flyers reduce the benefit?

Last edited by Golden Toque; Feb 9, 2012 at 2:40 pm
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:45 pm

Would you tell us what is going after you call them? Thanks,
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
I put the over / under for the number of complaints posted on here at 50 when/if the promo doesn't work for those not specifically invited.

The smart money is probably on choosing the "over".
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by TR7_DFW
I put the over / under for the number of complaints posted on here at 50 when/if the promo doesn't work for those not specifically invited.

The smart money is probably on choosing the "over".
Just 50? We're already at 105 posts in this thread and nobody has any information yet. I bet we end up with at least 50 repeats of "I registered, and got a confirmation email!"

Which, by the way, ineligible folks who registered for DEQ11 also received.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.