Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by ty97
Flying BA, even with an AA codeshare, has not applied to challenges in the past and it sound like it won't apply here either since you would not be flying on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection carrier.
While HVCAA may require AA metal, the above statement is inaccurate. The current GLD/PLT challenge only requires AA marketed flights (so codeshares are allowed) and Q1 2011's EXP challenge didn't even require that, any EQP earning flight qualified.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: AA 2MM EXP, UA 1K, DL Silver
Originally Posted by bostonoski
You sound like the type they might target, and if it were me I'd call and just ask if I was eligible. Can't hurt, I don't think!
Tried it... first line said "well, you're signed up, so you're eligible". got to AAdvantage customer service who looked it up, and said I wasn't targeted, so no dice. Signed up for the PLT Challenge, so I'll be PLT by April.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 2:46 pm

HVCAA questions

I have tried to pull this up on the aa.com site but no luck.

Under this promo, when do you obtain the elite status.....as soon as you fly the required miles, or at the end of May?

Do the "double EQMs" for DFW-LAX or SFO count as double in this promotion?

How about the 500 mile minimums for short hall trips?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: Aadvantage, Onepass, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Emerald Club
Today I reach the 10k miles threshold, I will let you know as soon as I get the new status.....
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:58 am

Success!!! I flew last night and my miles were posted overnight. Checked this morning and my status was updated to Platinum immediately....
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: AA PLATINUM
Originally Posted by cjaybar
Today I reach the 10k miles threshold, I will let you know as soon as I get the new status.....
You were targeted for this promo?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cjaybar
Congratulations!
Welcome to FT!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:11 pm

Thank you AAEXP_09.

Rookiecz: Yes I was targeted, received the email invitation on early February.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.4 mm, Starwood PLT
I was not targeted but signed up for the fun of it. Crossed 25k last week and have not even heard a cricket chirp. Oh well nothing ventured nothing gained.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
How many FTers that registered for this promo, and were not targeted, have been able to attain EXP status from this promo?

Anyone?

Seems like a bunch of folks signed up and the promo only has a month to go. I haven't seen anyone come back and report on their newly-acquired EXP status.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
I was not targeted, but registered anyway and have flown >25,000 EQM miles in the period on AA-marketed flights

Still just a PLT (which I was anyway)

Not a definitive example, because three of my flights were QF-operated/AA-marketed and so they may not have counted for the promo
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by pandaperth
I was not targeted, but registered anyway and have flown >25,000 EQM miles in the period on AA-marketed flights

Still just a PLT (which I was anyway)

Not a definitive example, because three of my flights were QF-operated/AA-marketed and so they may not have counted for the promo
Same story but all my flights were on AA metal, not targeted but flew more than 25,000 miles, got no EXP love.

My brother was targeted for the May-July 31 promo. I have to say I'm pretty angry I wasn't targeted for the last one or this one. I've flown 26 segments already in 2012 but mostly short hop flights, to get ignored by AA again really stinks.
Old May 17, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EP; Bonvoy Platinum: Hilton Gold
Cool

Tag, I win. (j/k)

This perpetual Gold was targeted for the HVCAA promo, I got an email and recognized the value in the offer. I directed as much of my travel as I could to AA and hit Platinum pretty quickly, thanks to an OCONUS trip. The last 12.5k was much harder to achive since most of my trips are about 200-1200m or less.

Sorry about the huge SEG, but my login tonight showed I am now ExecPlat. It's not about to happen too many more times so I am gonna gloat for now, but thanks AA for your HVCAA promo.

BTW, Mrs_E will join me this winter for a free RT Aruba and Curacao trip thanks to this promo, so we are pretty pleased how it all turned out.

Any other success stories?
Old May 20, 2012, 10:38 pm

Tomorrow at this time, I will be executive platinum, thanks to this promotion.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:06 pm

Completed the 25k miles this Tuesday, and yesterday morning my status showed Exec Platinum. I'll enjoy it while it lasts, as I doubt I will ever repeat, being an eternal Gold. I juat hope for a soft landing next year...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.