Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:06 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by laxconnorw
The only way anyone is REALLY going to know is, A), They REGISTER for the promotion, and were NOT invited, B) fly the 25,000 miles in the allotted time frame to see if they were awarded the 8 SWUs - and double miles.
There is a real simple rule about the untargeted registering for targeted offers, which seems to be too complex for some, based on the comments:

"Register, expect nothing and be happy if you get something."

Translation: Don't call. Don't email. Don't tweet. Don't post. Don't complain.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by bostonoski
1... I was just trying to be helpful.
2... And no, sorry, I don't think that it's at all intuitive to go to "News and Offers" and then "Flights"... for a promotion.
Wasn't trying to be snarky; I thought people checked it from time to time to see new promos.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Just for anyone curious, I am registered for the promo and I will be flying 25k miles during the promo time period. I'll check back in late May and we'll see if I get any SWUs . I'm guessing we will all get a rejection letter sooner than that. I am not concerned either way, I'll take whatever AA is willing to give me.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:03 pm

Elite challenge

I just talked to AA, initially the CS said I was not targeted, so the registration did not valid.

Then I asked to talk to a supervisor. She told me there were 2 codes for the targeting. I asked what codes were, she did not tell me. She told me I did not have either one.

Finally, she offered me a plat challenge, flying 10k points (not miles) in 3 months to be plat (she gave me gold right away). But no EXP. She insisted EXP only can be earned by flying 100K miles/points, no other way.

I don't think I do it (although I have a trip to China at the end of Mar, which can double my miles). Plat does mean anything, as I am 1K for CO until next year. Does that make sense?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
Originally Posted by TR7_DFW
I put the over / under for the number of complaints posted on here at 50 when/if the promo doesn't work for those not specifically invited.

The smart money is probably on choosing the "over".
I think I will slightly adjust the estimated number of complaints.
The over / under is now set at 500.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by cjzhang2000

I don't think I do it (although I have a trip to China at the end of Mar, which can double my miles). Plat does mean anything, as I am 1K for CO until next year. Does that make sense?
Well, if you are 1K with UA/CO, then I think you should fly UA for your trip to China. That way, you will be more on track for requalification over there.

Otherwise, if you think you will have plenty of UA trips that will allow you to requalify for 1K, then perhaps you can use your UA 1K status to do a EXP challenge. While the agent said there are no other ways than 100K miles logged, as top tier UA or DL flyer, you can get EXP challenge. So, if you are keen on trying out AA, then ask for it (with a proof of your UA status).
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by brahms77
While the agent said there are no other ways than 100K miles logged, as top tier UA or DL flyer, you can get EXP challenge. So, if you are keen on trying out AA, then ask for it (with a proof of your UA status).
I told her I am 1K, asked if I could do a match/challenge, she said no match.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:56 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
There is no evidence that those 'two people' were competent or had any clue as to what they were babbling about, nor that they didn't.
No evidence, except for the fact that what they were saying is exactly consistent with the last sentence of the promo T&C. I don't understand why some people are pretending there's ambiguity in the phrase "This is an exclusive offer only for members who receive this email from American Airlines..."
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Science Goy
I don't understand why some people are pretending there's ambiguity in the phrase "This is an exclusive offer only for members who receive this email from American Airlines..."
It's called very wishful thinking.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 4:11 am
IJK

Originally Posted by MauiTigerShark
"Hope springs eternal".

But the reality is that the computer system that accepts the promo codes can't parse who is eligible and who is not for every possible promo. It takes your submission, and then later (in a batch process?) these entries are qualified and sorted against an eligibility list for specific promos. How could anyone expect immediate and binding verification?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 5:08 am

Programs: AA since 1988 (ex-elite status); Alaska; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dayone
"Register, expect nothing and be happy if you get something."
My attitude precisely.

Originally Posted by MauiTigerShark
^
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:29 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

The only way anyone is REALLY going to know is, A), They REGISTER for the promotion, and were NOT invited, B) fly the 25,000 miles in the allotted time frame to see if they were awarded the 8 SWUs - and double miles.
Originally Posted by Science Goy
No evidence, except for the fact that what they were saying is exactly consistent with the last sentence of the promo T&C. I don't understand why some people are pretending there's ambiguity in the phrase "This is an exclusive offer only for members who receive this email from American Airlines..."
Well, that and the fact that every other time that people here have done exactly this same thing, it has turned out that those not eligible have gotten nothing.

So, the only way anyone is REALLY going to know is that we already know. No reason not to register, of course, but statements that this may somehow, magically, be different from all the other times are unfounded.

Cheers.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Failed

I registered and phoned in to ask for more information about the promotion.

CSR informed that the offer is targeted to their premium flyers I am not eligible.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by brp
Well, that and the fact that every other time that people here have done exactly this same thing, it has turned out that those not eligible have gotten nothing.

So, the only way anyone is REALLY going to know is that we already know. No reason not to register, of course, but statements that this may somehow, magically, be different from all the other times are unfounded.

Cheers.
The most dangerous sentence in the English language: "This time it's different."

Mike
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by cjzhang2000
I told her I am 1K, asked if I could do a match/challenge, she said no match.
Unless I am completely outdated, I think the supervisor is incorrect. Please give it another shot (or email AA). With your 1K status as a proof, you should first be comped to Plat status (without any challenge fee) and AA should give you EXP challenge for 25K miles flown in 3 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.