Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by brahms77
Unless I am completely outdated, I think the supervisor is incorrect. Please give it another shot (or email AA). With your 1K status as a proof, you should first be comped to Plat status (without any challenge fee) and AA should give you EXP challenge for 25K miles flown in 3 months.
You are outdated. This was offered in Q1 of last year and hasn't been offered since except through corporate contracts and special events.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I understand the discussion about being able to register vs being targeted and being able to register.

Is there way to confirm whether or not you will get the promo benefits BEFORE flying?

Registering, flying and waiting and seeing does not work for us. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
IMO, that doesn't matter, AA IT has been loose enough with prior promos it's not a bad idea to sign up, because one might benefit from their oversights. I know of hundreds of thousands of bonus miles that members and others who were technically ineligible for various reasons have gained with this strategy or preemptively signing up for bonuses they might gain from. As bostonoski says...
Especially is all I had to do was change my address from my YVR one to an SFO one to become eligible for DEQ11.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Science Goy
Just 50? We're already at 105 posts in this thread and nobody has any information yet. I bet we end up with at least 50 repeats of "I registered, and got a confirmation email!"

Which, by the way, ineligible folks who registered for DEQ11 also received.
But I made myself eligible.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Science Goy
Naturally they didn't mention the consequences of signing up uninvited, namely: you're automatically bumped to Manure-level status, whereby tickets purchased on AA are immediately reticketed to either Spirit or US Airways.
Luckily Spirit doesn't serve YVR
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Originally Posted by Deltahater
I understand the discussion about being able to register vs being targeted and being able to register.

Is there way to confirm whether or not you will get the promo benefits BEFORE flying?

Registering, flying and waiting and seeing does not work for us. Any suggestions?
I posted this previously on this thread. I did NOT receive the email but did successfully register and got a confirmation. I then called AA to check on making a reservation. I asked if this counted toward the HVCAA thing and they said NO! You do not qualify as you are not on the list!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:59 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Deltahater

Yes. If you didn't get the email you're not eligible and will not get the benefits. Can be confirmed before flying. Done.

Cheers.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by bcj1949
I posted this previously on this thread. I did NOT receive the email but did successfully register and got a confirmation. I then called AA to check on making a reservation. I asked if this counted toward the HVCAA thing and they said NO! You do not qualify as you are not on the list!

Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by brandenroth1
Just called AA to clear things up.. transferred around a bit. you are correct. i was told this is essentially a free challenge, target customers are gold members or members who have shown a sharp decline in travel. the agent told me that although my registration was confirmed, even by email, they have to post a special code at the end of the promo to those who qualify to receive the benefits. i told her to keep me registered even though i dont qualify for the targeted promo, she said sure, but it would not be likely that they would mess up and accidentally get the double miles. The registration does not impact any other promotions you may be registered for, and will not void any either.
But I can't imagine all Gold members were eligible (particularly since I am one and didn't receive the email). However perhaps Golds like me (LT via MM) wouldn't get it since many don't even fly the 25k needed to maintain status (I do, but I'm guessing many LT GLD w/o PLT or better don't even fly enough to maintain regular GLD).
Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: Aadvantage, spg
This whole thing just aggravates me because I blew $200 on a platinum challenge Thursday, as I have a JFK>HKG trip this month that will slam dunk it...and then I read about this. While I wasn't invited, it just rubs me (and my wallet) the wrong way. Another glorious moment in my love/hate relationship with American.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:35 am

Programs: AA since 1988 (ex-elite status); Alaska; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
Originally Posted by brandenroth1
Just called AA to clear things up.. transferred around a bit. you are correct. i was told this is essentially a free challenge, target customers are gold members or members who have shown a sharp decline in travel. the agent told me that although my registration was confirmed, even by email, they have to post a special code at the end of the promo to those who qualify to receive the benefits. i told her to keep me registered even though i dont qualify for the targeted promo, she said sure, but it would not be likely that they would mess up and accidentally get the double miles. The registration does not impact any other promotions you may be registered for, and will not void any either.
But I can't imagine all Gold members were eligible (particularly since I am one and didn't receive the email). However perhaps Golds like me (LT via MM) wouldn't get it since many don't even fly the 25k needed to maintain status (I do, but I'm guessing many LT GLD w/o PLT or better don't even fly enough to maintain regular GLD).
Hmmm... but I have been GLD (and a few PLT years) for better part of 10+ years, fell off when I went back to school in 2009, only flew 18k on AA last year, and did not get targeted. So I fit their specs, but did not get the email. (That said I did make GLD via combo of DEQ11 & DEQAA in December...)

I always flew enough to maintain GLD at minimum btw.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: AA PLT; PriorityClub Gold
I don't know if we've figured out a common trend yet in who received the invite...

I changed jobs within my company last year mid-year and segment-hopped between DFW-ORD via XNA, DSM, STL etc just trying to get GLD since I didn't think I would make it by miles. I flew two trips in January of this year, February's been quiet though.

I'm just wondering if I was targeted because they saw that I flew enough within half a year to make GLD and have shown interest in sticking with American this year?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, under the old system where your MM balance was your lifetime RDM, then there must be many people like you.
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
Originally Posted by dolt
This whole thing just aggravates me because I blew $200 on a platinum challenge Thursday, as I have a JFK>HKG trip this month that will slam dunk it...and then I read about this. While I wasn't invited, it just rubs me (and my wallet) the wrong way. Another glorious moment in my love/hate relationship with American.
I was not invited either but registered anyway, and got a confirmation email back. Waiting for any miles posting.......
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: Aadvantage, spg
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
I was not invited either but registered anyway, and got a confirmation email back. Waiting for any miles posting.......
I'm *almost* tempted to sign up for it anyway, even though I'm doing the challenge, because in a perfect-for-me world, not only would signing up count, but I'd get to stack the miles between the challenge I paid for and this.

Of course, A) the odds of that happening are miniscule, and B) I don't want to potentially screw up my challenge and not get credit for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.