Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA 2MM EXP, UA 1K, DL Silver
This puts me in an interesting position. I'm LT GLD, on track to get PLT but not EXP this year. I was considering a plt challenge from Feb 1 - I will get sufficient points to get it by then. I have signed up for this promo, and have received the confirm email, but did not receive the offer email. I am not the sort to do MRs, but I might slightly change my travel to get miles during this period (eg. making trips happen a week or two earlier to get it into the travel time, or travelling on AA instead of B6).

So I could get EXP with this promo and some slight variance to my flying (and I wish I had read about this on 2/8, when I went to New York on AA!), or I could apply for (and succeed at) the PLT challenge with no change to my travel, but paying $200. problem is, I need to apply for the challenge before wednesday to include last weeks trip to new york, but I don't depart on another flight (on AA, to ORD) until Wednesday, so I won't find out if the double RDMs hit until after I will have already had to make the decision.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 4:06 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mdavies

So I could get EXP with this promo ...
No, you can't get EXP with this promo if you're not targeted. That's been pretty well established. Consequently, it would probably not be a good idea to make decisions based on this promo.

Cheers.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA 2MM EXP, UA 1K, DL Silver
Originally Posted by brp
No, you can't get EXP with this promo if you're not targeted. That's been pretty well established. Consequently, it would probably not be a good idea to make decisions based on this promo.

Cheers.
Sorry, I didn't realize that had been definitively established (although I did read the entire thread and saw the significant conjecture in that direction). For even a slight chance of early PLT or any chance at all of EXP, it might be worth risking it to me, since I wasn't fully decided that the $200 would be worth a PLT challenge.

has anyone here received the promo?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EP; Bonvoy Platinum: Hilton Gold
Sorry, I didn't realize that had been definitively established (although I did read the entire thread and saw the significant conjecture in that direction). For even a slight chance of early PLT or any chance at all of EXP, it might be worth risking it to me, since I wasn't fully decided that the $200 would be worth a PLT challenge.

I did in fact receive the promo. And as a perpetual Gold with an increased travel schedule, I should hit Platinum with this. And if my two overseas trips pan out I could be knocking on EXP door.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
You are outdated. This was offered in Q1 of last year and hasn't been offered since except through corporate contracts and special events.
I am waiting for EXP, hopefully they offer that again. I was told I can call in anytime for the PLT challenge. I am not interested in.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:49 am

HVACC promotion to achieve executive Plat.

Does anyone know how to activate this promotion without being on the marketing list
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:14 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Calling AA would be a good start. Maybe your invitation has gone astray.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Another long thread on this issue is on page 2. Probably will answer your question.

This thread probably needs to be merged.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:34 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But the simple answer is that if you're not targeted, you can register, get a confirmation email...and it won't matter nor apply.

Cheers.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:51 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But the simple answer is that if you're not targeted, you can register, get a confirmation email...and it won't matter nor apply.

Cheers.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EP; Bonvoy Platinum: Hilton Gold
I think I am reading the TOS right, the miles I collect on a BA flight originating overseas and terminating on AA will be counted toward HVCAA EXP promo as long as it has an American flight number? I have a DFW-LHR with AA and LHR-KWI on BA, the KWI-LHR-IAH on BA and IAH-DFW on American. I am hoping all count in my tally towards EXP?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Dan_E
I think I am reading the TOS right, the miles I collect on a BA flight originating overseas and terminating on AA will be counted toward HVCAA EXP promo as long as it has an American flight number? I have a DFW-LHR with AA and LHR-KWI on BA, the KWI-LHR-IAH on BA and IAH-DFW on American. I am hoping all count in my tally towards EXP?
The e-mail in the OPS says:

Between February 8, 2012 and May 31, 2012, simply fly the required number of base miles as outlined below on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection carrier.

Flying BA, even with an AA codeshare, has not applied to challenges in the past and it sound like it won't apply here either since you would not be flying on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection carrier.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:12 pm

It sounds to me like a lot of invitations were not sent out correctly. Perhaps everyone who wants EXP should call AA and ask if they're eligible.

Are we still talking about this? I wonder how many folks here actually got invited.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA since 1988 (ex-elite status); Alaska; Hilton Diamond

You sound like the type they might target, and if it were me I'd call and just ask if I was eligible. Can't hurt, I don't think!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Originally Posted by dolt
This whole thing just aggravates me because I blew $200 on a platinum challenge Thursday, as I have a JFK>HKG trip this month that will slam dunk it...and then I read about this. While I wasn't invited, it just rubs me (and my wallet) the wrong way. Another glorious moment in my love/hate relationship with American.
Agreed. And to think that $200 could have gone toward something productive like change fees. =>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.