FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:29 am
TheBOSman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by sukn
I would not trust the word of a front line employee on the first day of a targeted promo's announcement.
I wouldn't trust it either, but it is better than nothing. I was just curious as to what the front line employee may have said to someone registered for a targeted promo that they were not targeted for.

Originally Posted by sukn
To suggest that if you make EXP with this promo, you have lost all opportunity to earn EXP with BIS/100k EQM/Points/Segments and extend the EXP period into 2014 does not make sense to me.
That's my thought too. I'll be at 59k once all my promo miles post, and I could do 25k before May if I wanted. Not hard to justify as I'll need it at some point to finish the 100k for EXP before the end of the year anyway, so might as well go sooner rather than later. I don't have much of an issue being the guinea pig on this either, though we won't find out until the big trip I'd have in going to Asia in late May. Really, I do not see how (for me personally) this would harm me in going for EXP. I'd only be at ~88k EQMs crossing the promo EXP mark. They'd have to give me more for 100k. I just need to make sure I can put the flights together.