Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

We are trapped. Plane in tornado (STL Apr 22, 2011; field now reopened)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

We are trapped. Plane in tornado (STL Apr 22, 2011; field now reopened)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sambb
IT was me who called Kmox. We are trapped. Help
Can you not reach 911?
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Please call 911. I am praying. Please be safe
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
The crew I am sure is in touch with the tower. Stay calm. Help will be on the way.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
Calm down, do not call 911. Is anybody on the plane injured? If not, relax, calm down. There are pilots on board, correct? I'm sure that they're in communication with the appropriate emergency personnel. What is one more call to 911 going to do, other than clog lines that are probably already jammed.

Again, if nobody is injured, there is no need to call 911. Relax, keep the seat belt on, you'll be fine.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
Talking about flight 699 now. A bus is on the way to remove the passengers.

Cardinals baseball game is about to resume. Sounds like the storm is moving on.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
The plane right now is safer than being outside. Let peop,e do their job, they will come for you. As long as no one is injured you are ok. Can you see other planes on the runway?
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K; WN A-List; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; National EE
Hold tight. I am sure they know about you and are getting there ASAP. There are other planes in the same situation. It is very chaotic at and around the STL airport right now. The Interstate is closed around Lambert because of downed powerlines and debris.

Just saw a couple of the first photos from the airport. The roads outside the main terminal are littered with cars, shuttle busses, etc. and are impassable.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:32 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
You are on the ground and no mention of injuries. Be thankful.

Stay calm. good luck!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:34 pm

Some photos from the airport.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Storm...19.html?hpt=T2
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:40 pm

Sam is on the radio (KMOX) right now. They are off of the plane. He's giving a report of the damage inside of the airport.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:45 pm

one pic from the terminal: http://twitpic.com/4o8qha

(looks like IAD on a normal day)
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Well I think it's safe to predict if the reports are true my easter trip to STL is probably out of the question. My flights tomorrow are still not cancelled, but windows out and debris everywhere? not looking good
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:49 pm

They are just preparing for a news conference. No one was killed at the airport, although there were numerous injuries, some seriously.

STL is closed at least until tomorrow morning, although there is no certainty it will be reopened before early morning flights.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:51 pm

second-hand report being reported on news now is an american flight heading to chicago was "spun around" while on the tarmac.

mother of a son who was on the flight is questioning why american airlines would even board people and attempt to leave with the approaching weather.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:53 pm

My flight tomorrow to STL was cancelled (2:25 pm arrival). So it sounds like they are preparing for post-tomorrow morning problems there. I imagine it's going to take a long time to clean this up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.