FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   We are trapped. Plane in tornado (STL Apr 22, 2011; field now reopened) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/1208429-we-trapped-plane-tornado-stl-apr-22-2011-field-now-reopened.html)

sambb Apr 22, 2011 7:53 pm

We are trapped. Plane in tornado (STL Apr 22, 2011; field now reopened)

We are trapped in plane. Stl to ord flight 699. We were in tornado. Need help. Airport vehicles overturned. Plane moved. We are scared. Crews can't get to us. Too much debris.

donjo Apr 22, 2011 7:57 pm

Scary if true!

TexasPastor Apr 22, 2011 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by sambb (Post 16265109)
We are trapped in plane. Stl to ord flight 699. We were in tornado. Need help. Airport vehicles overturned. Plane moved. We are scared. Crews can't get to us. Too much debris.

Can we call someone?

vasantn Apr 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by donjo (Post 16265124)
Scary if true!

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Storm...120523519.html

ST. LOUIS (KMOV) – Brutal storms that whipped through north St. Louis County Friday night caused extensive damage to St. Louis Lambert International Airport.

Airport spokesperson Jeff Lea says high winds caused the glass to break and blow into Concourse C and Terminal One on the upper floors. Minor injuries were reported.

A News 4 viewer also reported damage as seen through an airport photo showing a vehicle dangling over a parking garage wall.

There are also reports of damage to other vehicles in the airport parking lots. Emergency vehicles are on the scene.

sluggoaafa Apr 22, 2011 8:00 pm

It might be a while! :(

RT @BreakingNews: Report: All windows at STL St. Louis, Mo., main terminal have blown away, with extensive roof damage - Stormchaser
and

RT @BreakingNews: Update: Air Guard building damaged, cars flipped, buildings hit at STL. Semis stand on end in Dellwood, Mo - TWC
Just glad you're still ok...good luck getting to a gate soon. Just be patient

FTW Apr 22, 2011 8:01 pm

St. Louis Tornado

Lambert took a direct hit by a tornado. National Guard building was damaged...windows have been blown out...multiple vehicles overturned.

Ord Liza Apr 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Weather channel says storm has "reorganized" , but it sounds like it is NE of St Louis now.

clacko Apr 22, 2011 8:03 pm

try 911 on your cell...

BadgerFlyer91 Apr 22, 2011 8:05 pm

I hope everyone is ok!

wrp96 Apr 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Oh my word. Only help I can provide is to send prayers. Hope you are safe.

zipadee Apr 22, 2011 8:09 pm

I am so sorry. I am so glad it sounds like no one on your flight was injured.

The pictures, Tweets and breaking news reports from St Louis media out of Lambert tonight are awful. Some reports of the roof being torn off Terminal C and people being cut by flying glass when windows blown out. I am so sorry about your situation but if no one is injured that's truly a miracle. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope for a good resolution under the circumstances. Sounds like Lambert was hit by a tornado tonight :(

Beer Me! Apr 22, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm listening to the radio here in St. Louis. They are trying to get emergency crews to the planes on the ground. Someone on an aircraft is on the telephone with the radio station. They just made an onboard announcement that the crews are trying to make their way through the debris to get to the ACs.

Hold tight...

tom911 Apr 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Live coverage:
http://www.fox2now.com/news/livestreaming/

Beer Me! Apr 22, 2011 8:13 pm

There are reports that part of the roof of Concourse C was ripped off. The jetways are reported to be all destroyed. All windows in the main terminal were blown out. The National Guard building suffered major damage.

Another caller said they were deplaned shortly after the storm hit. They walked into Concourse C to see bunches of broken glass and blood on the seats and carpet.

The emergency crews have sent K9 crews to the airport -- hopefully only for precautionary reasons and not for people trapped in any structure.

sambb Apr 22, 2011 8:20 pm

IT was me who called Kmox. We are trapped. Help