Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

We are trapped. Plane in tornado (STL Apr 22, 2011; field now reopened)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

We are trapped. Plane in tornado (STL Apr 22, 2011; field now reopened)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2011, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, ALL Accor Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by TWA884
To the best of my recollection, TWA never used the D concourse gates for 757s (or the C gates facing the D concourse, for that matter). I am not sure if there is sufficient space to maneuver aircraft of that size on the ramp between these two concourses, especially near the lower numbered gates.
That's my recollection as well; the alley is pretty tight back there, but there isn't any competition from the backside of C at this time. That said, as we were pulling away from the gate tonight, I surveyed the scene. It appears that jet bridges actually don't exist at the backside gates. I know they were in serious disrepair in the past couple of years, and it appears they were physically removed. I did see a 757 parked at one of the early gates, so I guess one shouldn't despair if placed on a 757 to STL

Again, let me emphasis the great work both AA and Lambert did in getting D operational.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.