Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Boeing 777-300ER / 77W orders, 20 orders + deliveries confirmed as of 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 1, 2013, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Exec_Plat
Wikipost - signed in members can minimize or maximize this wikipost using the upper right corner [-] or [+] buttons and edit the post.

FWAAA post 382: In the 10-K filed on February 20, 2013, AA confirmed that it now has ordered a total of 20 77W; two delivered in 2012, eight more in 2013, six more in 2014 and two each in 2015 and 2016 for a total of 20:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....5fUEFHRSZleHA9

16 total 77Ws by the end of next year plus at least four more after that.

Scheduling information: AA 777-300ER / 77W Schedule, Routes (consolidated)

777 family range (Boeing)

Both of AA's 777s are -ER (Extended Range) models, the common 777-223ER and new 777-323ER. Not much range difference, but significant capacity difference. No 200-LRs (Long Range, AKA "Worldliner",) in the future at this time.

777-300ER:

N717AN 7LA
N718AN 7LB
N719AN 7LC
N720AN 7LD
N721AN 7LE
N722AN 7LF
N723AN 7LG
N724AN 7LH
N725AN 7LJ
N726AN 7LK
N727AN 7LL

Updated from planespotters.net:

N728AN 7LM
N729AN 7LN
N730AN 7LP
N731AN 7LR
N732AN 7LS
N733AR 7LT

Based on this data there are 17 77Ws in service Oct 2015.
Print Wikipost

AA Boeing 777-300ER / 77W orders, 20 orders + deliveries confirmed as of 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, rif-raf on most others; MBTA "valued customer"
TLV

As much as I would love to see TLV, it's not gonna happen. Period. That whole "TWA liability issue" is not going to just go away.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by bosnyc
As much as I would love to see TLV, it's not gonna happen. Period. That whole "TWA liability issue" is not going to just go away.
Yes, it can go away very easily, with a settlement check, that in the grand scheme of things won't be much - $8M to $13M are estimates I've seen in news articles. That's pocket change.

If AA sees a market for Tel Aviv, it will settle and start service to Tel Aviv, easy as that.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, Priority Club PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton GLD
Since we're all speculating, I'd have to guess DFW-HKG.

I'd be surprised with ORD-HKG, given that CX just started that route.
LAX-SYD on AA won't happen, though I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I could maybe, maybe see AA starting service to TPE or ICN, but it's a long shot.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:58 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
IMO, if the 747-400 stopped at SID east to west, the 777-323ER (assuming it comes about) is likely to as well (it's the prevailing winds aloft / jetstream that cause this e to w but not w to e).

Originally Posted by N830MH
There you go! That's more like that. AA are always welcome addition more specific new routes for MIA-JNB/CPT nonstop. AA won't be necessary to stopover in SID. The entire 773ER can barely enough flying nonstop out of MIA-JNB. Because the 777 was on the weight restrictions. Because the 77W is very extremely strong high headwinds gusted. This is on the payload restrictions. The 777-300ER is more comparable aircraft and more fuel efficient and more capabilities. ...
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by ihdihd
What is the likelihood of a route like that from a regulations/route management perspective if AA actually wanted it?

Do they just 'get it'?
Open Skies between the USA and UAE....no problems there.

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Enough about DXB and TLV. There are only three new routes that really matter.

LAX/ORD-HKG
LAX/SYD
MIA/JNB

These routes have been on the wishlist of not only me, but many AA FT'ers for years now. It's time for AA to get serious about their network.
MIA-JNB would be great but the others are well taken/flown already/will-be-flown-soon via OneWorld Members

Originally Posted by bernardd
Can the 777-300ER actually make it non-stop DFW-DXB? I believe both the carriers flying IAH-DXB non-stops are using 777-200LR's, though IIRC EK has -300ER's in its fleet. Is it therefore even technically feasible?
Yes...an early morning departure out of DXB-say 2:00a.m. will get to DFW by around 5:30 a.m. Likewise, and early morning departure out of DFW will get to DXB in the morning as well (though not early a.m.). The good thing is that the flights would be able to take off with much better loading due to the early morning & cooler departures.

EK flies to both SFO and LAX with a B77W-but those are slightly payload restricted. Regardless, I know pax who have taken the DXB flight out of SFO and have told me they are quite full.

Originally Posted by zman
The 8k mileage is > than 777-300ER capability and ETOPS rules
??

-What ETOPS rules? There would be no ETOPS restrictions.
-CX and EK combined have multiple 8,000 mile B77W flights.

Originally Posted by N830MH
Due to weight restrictions. Because it was on the payload restrictions due to strong high headwinds gusted. Don't be sure if 77W can flying without penalty restricted.
Penalty restricted? Probably-but not not as much as DXB-SFO/LAX. There is a reason why CX's Tyler and EK's Clark love the B77W. The B77W performs quite well at "the edge of the envelope".
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by JDiver
IMO, if the 747-400 stopped at SID east to west, the 777-323ER (assuming it comes about) is likely to as well (it's the prevailing winds aloft / jetstream that cause this e to w but not w to e).
I'm sure the elevation of JNB airport also doesn't help the range.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Who says it has to be SID?

The route could be MIA-JNB-CPT-MIA, giving Cape Town its only direct service to the United States and serving a sizeable market.

Before 9/11 security rules changed transit procedures, SAA flew JNB-CPT-FLL-ATL, using FLL instead of SID because of the sizeable local market.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by JumboD
What about DFW-LOS for the oil connections? Or LAX-GRU (not sure if 772 can do that one or not)?
Sure they can. The 772ER can barely handle enough more range to reachable in LOS. That's is right choice for AA. I think 772ER will able flying nonstop DFW-LOS is 6,573 miles. Due to weight restrictions. Because it will have a problems due to strongs high headwinds gusts. It'll will work.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by Jacobin777
MIA-JNB would be great but the others are well taken/flown already/will-be-flown-soon via OneWorld Members
Originally Posted by clanum
I'd be surprised with ORD-HKG, given that CX just started that route.
LAX-SYD on AA won't happen, though I'm happy to be proven wrong.
Why do people think about routes with such singularity. If we followed this logic they AA should never fly to LHR due to BA, MAD due to IB, or NRT because of JAL.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Why do people think about routes with such singularity. If we followed this logic they AA should never fly to LHR due to BA, MAD due to IB, or NRT because of JAL.
Nothing to do with "singularity"....more of the fact 3 carriers on ORD-HKG would be "over-kill". No use for AA to fly to Australia when there are tons of carriers now flying.

With a finite amount of fleet/resources, its best to put them on routes/destinations which have as less competition as possible, etc.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:03 pm

No use for AA to fly to Australia when there are tons of carriers now flying.
American and Qantas are applying with Australian authorities for immunity today, which would merger their U.S.-Australia operations just like AA/JAL to Asia and AA/IB/BA for EU. It's an interesting move, because AA does not fly to Australia, but if it were to, it would have metal neutrality with Qantas. So maybe its something we'll see in the long term future, using an AA plane for a third daily LAX-SYD.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:52 pm

With a finite amount of fleet/resources, its best to put them on routes/destinations which have as less competition as possible, etc.
Which routes would these be? AA has sat on their a$$..s for so long that the fungus named DL has spread to almost every market. There are no more monopoly markets in this day and age. Its now time for AA to learn how to do things the old fashioned way and develop markets like they did in South America.

With Comair providing feed, AA should have sustainable traffic on both sides of MIA-JNB.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by clanum
I could maybe, maybe see AA starting service to ... ICN, but it's a long shot.
I could see ICN down the line. Before AA launches the route, they need to have a solid codeshare agreement with Jeju Air (7C) to bring more traffic onto the route and compete with KE.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by MAH4546
American and Qantas are applying with Australian authorities for immunity today, which would merger their U.S.-Australia operations just like AA/JAL to Asia and AA/IB/BA for EU. It's an interesting move, because AA does not fly to Australia, but if it were to, it would have metal neutrality with Qantas. So maybe its something we'll see in the long term future, using an AA plane for a third daily LAX-SYD.
Right. They never were. Because AA never have been in Australia/New Zealand for all of those years. Lets hope AA can do something to get more tougher competitions against QF/VA/UA. If there is enough more demands. If they will signed the treaty. If they will open-skies bilateral agreements.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:07 am

I could see ICN down the line. Before AA launches the route, they need to have a solid codeshare agreement with Jeju Air (7C) to bring more traffic onto the route and compete with KE.
No, it doesn't.

DFW-ICN is a very sizeable O&D market, the second largest between Texas and the Pacific, and it is mostly Dallas-originating. AA can do very well on this route, no codeshare needed whatsoever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.