Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Boeing 777-300ER / 77W orders, 20 orders + deliveries confirmed as of 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 1, 2013, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Exec_Plat
Wikipost - signed in members can minimize or maximize this wikipost using the upper right corner [-] or [+] buttons and edit the post.

FWAAA post 382: In the 10-K filed on February 20, 2013, AA confirmed that it now has ordered a total of 20 77W; two delivered in 2012, eight more in 2013, six more in 2014 and two each in 2015 and 2016 for a total of 20:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....5fUEFHRSZleHA9

16 total 77Ws by the end of next year plus at least four more after that.

Scheduling information: AA 777-300ER / 77W Schedule, Routes (consolidated)

777 family range (Boeing)

Both of AA's 777s are -ER (Extended Range) models, the common 777-223ER and new 777-323ER. Not much range difference, but significant capacity difference. No 200-LRs (Long Range, AKA "Worldliner",) in the future at this time.

777-300ER:

N717AN 7LA
N718AN 7LB
N719AN 7LC
N720AN 7LD
N721AN 7LE
N722AN 7LF
N723AN 7LG
N724AN 7LH
N725AN 7LJ
N726AN 7LK
N727AN 7LL

Updated from planespotters.net:

N728AN 7LM
N729AN 7LN
N730AN 7LP
N731AN 7LR
N732AN 7LS
N733AR 7LT

Based on this data there are 17 77Ws in service Oct 2015.
Print Wikipost

AA Boeing 777-300ER / 77W orders, 20 orders + deliveries confirmed as of 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA MM 1K, UK Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb
I heard ORD-BLR.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:09 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by damaxer91
EWR-TLV is Continental's most lucrative route...
The greater NY area to TLV is well served by DL, LY and CO already. And where has it been published that EWR-TLV is CO's most lucrative? I didn't realize they break out route revenues/profits.

Also keep in mind US flies there from PHL. I don't see AA flying this route.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by specialeffects
I heard ORD-BLR.
I heard MIA-DFW-ORD.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:32 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Jacobin777
This should help...:-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_777#Variants

The B77W (B773ER) can carry a much heavier load (ie.-pax/cargo) further at its MTOW than the B77E (B772ER) can at its MTOW. That is a big advantage.

If the route isn't large (ie.-such as JFK-LHR) then the B77W will be able to carry even more cargo, etc.
Thanks. However, I had already checked the 777 Technical Information page on Boeing's website (under General Technical Characteristics) before I posed my question.

I was well aware of the difference in MTOW and range when I posed my question.

MAH4546 wrote:
Originally Posted by MAH4546
As for routes, three new routes that aren't possible with the 772:

MIA-NRT
MIA-JNB-CPT-MIA
ORD-BOM
I was simply asking if 200 miles difference in range was enough to make these routes viable.

His answer was that it was.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by TWA884
Thanks. However, I had already checked the 777 Technical Information page on Boeing's website (under General Technical Characteristics) before I posed my question.

I was well aware of the difference in MTOW and range when I posed my question.

MAH4546 wrote:

I was simply asking if 200 miles difference in range was enough to make these routes viable.

His answer was that it was.
Well I concur with MAH4546, its very feasible/viable...^
Old Jan 20, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
It would be incredible if AA dumped a bunch of capacity in TLV as a new market and started a fare war with CO, DL, LY, and US.

Originally Posted by damaxer91
Maybe with the 777-300ER's, we will finally see JFK-TLV. EWR-TLV is Continental's most lucrative route...
It would be ideal for AA to deploy the 77W on JFK-TLV. Until recently, DL operated JFK-TLV with a 763 and currently both CO and LY operate EWR/JFK-TLV with 777-200ER. Considering both the 763 and 777-200ER can easily handle the mission and AA won't initially have an established presence in Israel I doubt the 77W would be the aircraft.

Originally Posted by PHL
The greater NY area to TLV is well served by DL, LY and CO already. And where has it been published that EWR-TLV is CO's most lucrative?
Israel is Continental Airline's most profitable route, company chairman Larry Kellner said on his first visit to the Jewish state. He said the airline's 14 weekly flights bring 400,000 people in and out of Israel annually.

Kellner stated that the Israeli operations are among the most profitable routes for Continental, the world's sixth largest airline. He added that Continental attracts a large number of banking and finance executives, as well as tourists, but doubted whether Continental would add a third flight to the route before 2009, when the airline is to receive new aircraft.
http://www.allbusiness.com/middle-ea...3992277-1.html
Old Jan 20, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: AAEXP, and every other one on the planet
TWA Issues

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
It would be incredible if AA dumped a bunch of capacity in TLV as a new market and started a fare war with CO, DL, LY, and US.

It would be ideal for AA to deploy the 77W on JFK-TLV. Until recently, DL operated JFK-TLV with a 763 and currently both CO and LY operate EWR/JFK-TLV with 777-200ER. Considering both the 763 and 777-200ER can easily handle the mission and AA won't initially have an established presence in Israel I doubt the 77W would be the aircraft.

http://www.allbusiness.com/middle-ea...3992277-1.html
Likely not happen, IIRC there is old TWA bills that were never paid, and it was previously posted that if AA landed a plane in TLV, it would be siezed until past due monies were paid...

dittymau
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by dittymau
Likely not happen, IIRC there is old TWA bills that were never paid, and it was previously posted that if AA landed a plane in TLV, it would be siezed until past due monies were paid...

dittymau
The question is how much money is it really?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dittymau

dittymau
I'm well aware. That's not to say the dispute can't be resolved and clear the way for AA to (re)-enter the market. As of 2001, the severance due was estimated at $9-18 million which AA could easily cough up and pave the way for flights to TLV.

http://www.jewishsightseeing.com/tra...n_airlines.htm
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
I'm well aware. That's not to say the dispute can't be resolved and clear the way for AA to (re)-enter the market. As of 2001, the severance due was estimated at $9-18 million which AA could easily cough up and pave the way for flights to TLV.

http://www.jewishsightseeing.com/tra...n_airlines.htm
CO, US and DL appreciate AA not being able to make economic sense flying from U.S. to TLV.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA could fly JFK-TLV with a 763 or 772 if it paid the claims of the ex-TWA employees. So why would AA need to buy two 773s to start this route?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by FWAAA
I heard MIA-DFW-ORD.
Really? Where did you hear this? How about AA will starts 777-300ER from MIA-LAX? Thats will brings more passengers capacity who likely to flying on entire 77W.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N830MH
Really? Where did you hear this? How about AA will starts 777-300ER from MIA-LAX? Thats will brings more passengers capacity who likely to flying on entire 77W.
If they really had these planes tomorrow, I'd bet that's more or less what they'd do with them in the short run. That's what typically do with a new configuration when they only have one or two "trial" planes ready: They put them on semi-random domestic-ish routes, until the subfleet is of big enough size to do its real intended function in the long run. I seem to recall we saw this with the very first 75L planes, and several other times.

However, these planes will take so long to deliver, we don't know yet how many total they will have at first delivery time, so it's probably way too early to speculate whether these two will go to domestic runs first until there's more in the fleet.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
If they really had these planes tomorrow, I'd bet that's more or less what they'd do with them in the short run. That's what typically do with a new configuration when they only have one or two "trial" planes ready: They put them on semi-random domestic-ish routes, until the subfleet is of big enough size to do its real intended function in the long run. I seem to recall we saw this with the very first 75L planes, and several other times.

However, these planes will take so long to deliver, we don't know yet how many total they will have at first delivery time, so it's probably way too early to speculate whether these two will go to domestic runs first until there's more in the fleet.
AA usually flies each new long haul plane (MD11, DC10, 747, 777) domestically first, to get some hours on the plane, before they are used on an ER mission.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by zman
AA usually flies each new long haul plane (MD11, DC10, 747, 777) domestically first, to get some hours on the plane, before they are used on an ER mission.
That's not an AA thing. Every airline does this. Some countries (i.e. Japan) go as far to require it by law.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.