Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2011 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated - obsolete)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated - obsolete)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2011, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spiff
No re-route via LAX was possible?

Lots of availability for tomorrow. You could get there even sooner if you ask AA to overnight you somewhere on the west coast.
We were coming back on Monday, so just couldn't really stomach getting there at 11 pm. I know, it's only 7 hours, but it makes a difference when your time is so short. Plus, couldn't really stomach the 752.

On another note, my wife is CK and they really screwed this up. When we asked to be sent back to DCA, they put us on the next flight (good) but when we asked about first said no. When we got to the gate there were 5 seats open in F (luckily the GA upgraded us). Poor service for CK, IMO.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:35 pm

AA 268 SEA-JFK CXLD for 02/03/11

Just got a voicemail on my phone that AA268 SEA-JFK is canceled for 02/03. Luckily was able to book through LAX arriving 4 hours after the original flight. SEA-LAX leg is on Alaska and would be paying for bags out of pocket
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO PP, AA EXP, UA 1K, DL DIA
AA Flt# 6

OGG 6:00pm - DFW 5:00AM

February 1, 2011

Flight cancelled due to weather in Dallas. My entire staff was on that flight in first class traveling from the Pro Bowl to Super Bowl in Dallas. We took the same flight on January 31, 2011, our flight was diverted and arrived around 9:30 am.

We flew HNL- OGG-DFW for the extra 500 miles between HNL-OGG.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
My day: 100% of my flights on Eagle delayed (4 for 4)

Doing a segment run on a cheap segment fare today from DFW-TYR, and so far 100% of my flights have been late departing, arriving, or both. Granted each was a turn, so if we were late arriving, we were automatically late departing... but walking through the concourse (B) almost every Eagle flight had some sort of delay posted.

One more to go and then I get to go home. Enjoying the AC in D right now (it's packed!) - my next flight leaves from D7.

DFW had two runways closed this morning due to ice (re-glazed overnight), but they're back up to 4 now, it appears. The last delay I had was a 20-minute ATC metering delay for traffic inbound to DFW and DAL.

Last edited by mreed911; Feb 5, 2011 at 2:55 pm
Old Feb 5, 2011, 5:26 pm

Anyone know what happened to AA 2167, LAX-DFW-SJO?

My dad was scheduled to be on AA 2167 from LAX-DFW today.

The flight was delayed at LAX for about two hours and once it finally got off the ground it was diverted back to LAX for "mechanical reasons," at least, that's what my dad reported over the phone. At around 2 p.m. Pacific Time he called saying the flight was finally going to leave aboard the same aircraft.

Now I keep track of flights through Google's link to flightstats.com, and when I searched AA 2167 it listed the second leg of its trip from DFW-SJO instead of listing both. What's more, it said the flight had DEPARTED from DFW and was on its way to SJO. I found this impossible because I received this information only about 30-45 minutes after my dad called saying the plane was about to leave Los Angeles, and certainly it wouldn't take a half hour to fly halfway across the country.

If the aircraft departed LAX around 2:30 Pacific Time I calculated it should get in to DFW around 5:30, about an hour and 15 minutes from now. But what I don't understand is why flightstats is showing the DFW-SJO leg to be underway and why it has deleted the LAX-DFW leg.

Any information on what unfolded aboard that flight earlier today?

Thanks!

EDIT: This is the information Google gave me when I entered that flight number just now:
Old Feb 5, 2011, 7:51 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan725
My dad was scheduled to be on AA 2167 from LAX-DFW today.

The flight was delayed at LAX for about two hours and once it finally got off the ground it was diverted back to LAX for "mechanical reasons," at least, that's what my dad reported over the phone. At around 2 p.m. Pacific Time he called saying the flight was finally going to leave aboard the same aircraft.

Now I keep track of flights through Google's link to flightstats.com, and when I searched AA 2167 it listed the second leg of its trip from DFW-SJO instead of listing both. What's more, it said the flight had DEPARTED from DFW and was on its way to SJO. I found this impossible because I received this information only about 30-45 minutes after my dad called saying the plane was about to leave Los Angeles, and certainly it wouldn't take a half hour to fly halfway across the country.

If the aircraft departed LAX around 2:30 Pacific Time I calculated it should get in to DFW around 5:30, about an hour and 15 minutes from now. But what I don't understand is why flightstats is showing the DFW-SJO leg to be underway and why it has deleted the LAX-DFW leg.

Any information on what unfolded aboard that flight earlier today?

Thanks!

Welcome to FlyerTalk, RedSoxFan725! Your post has now been approved from the moderation queue and merged into the main thread on 2011 flight delays.

/Moderator
Old Feb 5, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA LFT. PLAT
LAX-DFW was cancelled then somehow, I guess super bowl traffic they reinstated it. The DFW-SJO left without the LAX-DFW aircraft arriving.

Last edited by atrainexp22; Feb 6, 2011 at 9:08 am
Old Feb 6, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Calling that regional "Eagle" is a disgrace to the bird of the same name. They should more appropriately be called "Buzzard".
Old Feb 6, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Hilton UA Hyatt
Flew on Saturday morning. My anxiety level has been steadily rising for the past 4 or 5 months of flying, for whatever reason. Could be all the History Channel or MSNBC program about crashes. However, there's no real event that made me suddenly start to get nervous.

Anyway, flying on an American Eagle flight. The planes feel like they're flying faster on takeoff (and landing) and I was thinking about how much I actually preferred the takeoff on the AE flight to even a 767 which I fly a lot to SFO. I just got my first drink and nuts, given the breakfast order, when I feel the airplane start to descend a bit. I start to get a little alarmed -- like how the heck are we cruising at an altitude that's off by 1,000 feet? -- but then I think to myself that I never fly RJs and that this is probably normal, so chill out. I had a similar brief freak out on a 757 in November, which I also rarely fly, and nothing was wrong (though i hate the different engine sound pitch change mid-ascent on 757 takeoffs).

Anyway, about 60 seconds later, as I had my noise cancel headphones on, I hear the pilot. I immediately pull off the headphones, and the pilot mentions that a glass window in the cockpit had broken and we could no longer continue down to Atlanta. One thing he mentioned, is that it's 3-paned glass, so only 1 pane broke, and it wasn't a big deal. However, we had to turn back to LGA and land and have another plane take us to Atlanta. He was very calm, cool and collected.

I, however, started to get the Bobby Knight game face going on. Cabin de-pressurization comes 3rd on my list behind fire and engine failure. So, we make a few right turns, and returned back to LGA. No yellow masks or anything, all very minor. Upon landing, the entire runway was lined with about 5 or 6 police cars and maybe 3 to 4 green fire trucks. By the time we U-turned at the south end of the runway, they had already started returning to their hideout which has to be somewhere near the Marine Terminal.

We get off the plane, multiple NTSB with notepads all at the gate platform. I saw the window as it was the left-most window of the 4 on the cockpit, so it was right at the gate, and it wasn't pretty. I expected a slit-style crack, but this thing was a full spiderweb, completely shattered, and had it been a front one, you couldn't have seen clearly.

So, I rebooked, and on the next flight, I asked another lady who was on the first fight with me if she was ever worried. She said she wasn't until someone told her about the fire trucks well after we landed. I had to laugh, because that was when we were likely in the least amount of danger. So, I think the pilot did a great job of sort of nonchalantly saying "Yeah, we got a broken window. No big deal. Turning back." Maybe it isn't a big deal, i don't know, but I certainly didn't love it.

Oddly enough, on the same day, a Southwest flight from Tampa had the same exact issue on a 737 (I assume). Has anyone else had something like this in the past?

Anyway, I hopped on a plane 40 minutes later and continued my journey to Atlanta. Now that I've returned, both flights on Eagle, oddly enough, my takeoff anxiety is completely gone now. Not sure why, but I'm back to how I used to be about flying for the past 1,000 flights in my life.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I'm glad to hear that your fight landed safely. Kudos to the pilots for their expert, level-headed work.

I used to have takeoff anxiety when I was a young child (until I was about 12), then I decided it wasn't a big deal. Do planes occasionally encounter problems and crash right after takeoff? Yes. Do they sometimes have to divert for emergency, fuel, or medical reasons? Yes, in fact, I've been on a couple such flights.

My sentiment is, these kinds of issues happen so seldom that it's not worth getting all anxious about them. It's much more likely that I will end up sitting in traffic on the way home than that I will be on a diverted flight.

I also used to get anxious on overwater flights until I was a young teenager. I think that perhaps it was right around the time I started flying extensively on my own that I lost these fears. Now, I can sleep like a baby during a transatlantic crossing (in fact, I just did so today!). It just seems routine to me now.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 4:18 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
AA610 SFO-DFW delay

Can anyone parse the reason for this delay to Mrs. dstan, Sr.'s flight? What does "Fuel Uplift" signify? AA Cargo says "Unable to Determine".

Code:
SFO 1150A 3 65 
DFW A29 A A29 515P 615P A A29 
BOS B B33 1040P
3SFO/ETD1415 FUEL UPLIFT *1603
4SFO/OUT1415 OFF1431 *1631
2DFW/ETA1933 *1631
3DFW/ETD1945 AWTEQ *1638
2BOS/PRE0010 *1638
(I've already parsed the rest: http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...FLIFO_%28AA%29)
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
AA 945 Returns DFW 2/25/11 Security Issue

1 hour out we turned around because of a passenger/security issue. Landed heavy. FD checking brakes on runway.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:09 pm

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/498; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

Shouldn't this go in the AA forum? Or perhaps you meant AZ945?
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:03 am

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Looks like today's AA/41 CDG-ORD is delayed 20 hours -- ouch!

Last edited by 1K-SFO; Feb 26, 2011 at 4:16 pm Reason: Wrong flight number corrected.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
AA2218 2/24 (SJC to DFW) - no first officer <delays flight>

AA2218 was 2 hours late out of SJC to DFW on Thurs, Feb 24 because they did not have a First Officer available to fly the plane. The replacement officer had to drive to SJC from Lake Tahoe and was held up because of road conditions.

AA's commitment to SJC has totally deteriorated. The number of personnel at this station in every dept has been cut drastically. My friend who was scheduled for this flight had checked a bag and wanted to get it off, as he was going to miss his connection (last flight to JAX that night) but was told there was only one ramp baggage handler available and he had to go work another flight. Unfortunately, UA and DL have also cut back at SJC - so there really isn't a viable alternative.

The glory days of Silicon Valley and flying out of SJC are a dim memory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.