Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2011 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated - obsolete)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated - obsolete)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by HNL
Flight status searches on www.expertflyer.com return the comments. So does KVS.
All my years as an EF member, I never discovered this (lol)@:-). Much appreciated.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by demkr
I was originally supposed to be on 116. Sorry about the delay, hopefully you get there in time. I should not have switched flights. But I'm sure hoping for compensation. $10 food voucher was pitiful.
Sharing your pain...but I got $15 in food vouchers from the FL last night. Waiting in the FL again now as I type this....
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I'm in the FL as well =) I got $15 too....$5 for Breakfast $10 for dinner. Hotel was generous enough to let me use both. They treated us quite well.

I'm looking forward to flying out, but getting in at 10:45pm is rough. Maybe a shorter wait at customs, who knows. Enjoy the flight!
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:15 am
SK

Exclamation

Seems that as a result, AA47 LHR-ORD was cancelled today, Jan. 13.
I was rebooked on AA91, but it arrives too late to catch my connection to SYR, so they put me on the morning ORD-SYR flight next day. Since it's not weather related, are AA going to provide me with hotel accommodation overnight in Chicago? (I am Platinum, if that makes any difference).
Thanks!

Originally Posted by demkr
January 12,2011
AA98 ORD-LHR was cancelled tonight, rebooked on AA90 tomorrow. Plenty peeved.
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Looks like "aircraft damage" while the aircraft was at ORD:

DTE CHNG FLT ORIG 12JAN
ORD 1020P T3 L8
LHR 1200N
1FX CANCEL ORD -LHR -RMKS ACCT A/C DAMAGE N7BR ORD *1930
7ORD/AUTO REACCOM SEE N*0098JAN12ORD P3 *1939*CRCYMG
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:19 am

SK, I was provided with hotel + meal voucher for my overnight. Ask for dinner+breakfast, but my hotel let me combine both. I don't know if you have to wait until you get to O'Hare to ask for the compensation, but because it is not weather related I would say they do need to provide it to you. See if they can't take care of it in London for you first, and if not, talk to the folks at ORD. Let us know.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:20 am

AA 187 ORD-PEK was delayed last night due to equipment change. I am betting the 777 planned for AA 98 was swapped to the PEK route, leaving us LHR folks stuck in ORD overnight.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:34 am
SK

Thank you, demkr.
I asked at the desk here at LHR's Admirals Club, and they said I'll have to take care of it at Chicago. The agent told me that she expects they'll provide me with hotel, since it's due to mechanical.

Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Sfo-hnl #39

Flight has been delayed 3+ hrs due to mechanical issue and we are waiting for a plane from lax. AA did called me re delay but I was already at the airport at 5:45am for the 8:15am flight. Explored other routing options but was told my flight would be the best. TA, GA and AC told me that there is no voucher (eg meal) given for domestic flight delay and only for intl flights. I search through this thread but didn't see anything. Is that correct? I thought I would ask the question just in case.

I will write to AA after the trip to request for some compensation (miles) for making me sit here in the airport longer than I should when i could be working on my 'tan' at the beach
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
31 LAX HNL today

Not off to a good start!

Delayed 2 hours 830 to 1030am

Then they find us a plane but forward F lav is INOP, Captain takes the plane. No announcement about the lav until the door was closed.

Take-off slow for a 757, whoever was flying over rotated and the tail struck the runway. Out over the water for 10 minutes emergency return to LAX.

Now in Admirals club with no plan and no seats to HNL!

Well it was my first return in 12 years so not bad!
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
That sucks!. Could AA rebook you on HA?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
That sucks!. Could AA rebook you on HA?
EXP comes thru yet again. On Continental @ 425 booked into F!

Time to get my bag and head over!
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: Ex-HHonors Diamond (now nothing), former AA EXP
Originally Posted by mach92
Not off to a good start!

Take-off slow for a 757, whoever was flying over rotated and the tail struck the runway. Out over the water for 10 minutes emergency return to LAX.
Wow! I wonder what V1Rotate has to say about this type of incident?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Bad day for AA to HNL

As noted in another thread, today's SFO-HNL flight had mechanical issues as well.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Were you in paid F or upgraded? It would be pretty impressive if EXP rebooked you on a CO flight in F if you were upgraded.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
Were you in paid F or upgraded? It would be pretty impressive if EXP rebooked you on a CO flight in F if you were upgraded.
Not paid F but it was a $950.00 RT ticket with EVIPS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.