Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2011 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated - obsolete)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 xxx Flight Cancellation / Delay / Diversion on (date) (consolidated - obsolete)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2011, 2:03 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

We've moved all the posts re: 2011 delays/cancellations/diversions out of the 2010 consolidated thread and into this shiny new thread.

jacknyoc and davork - Your threads have been merged into this consolidated thread for 2011. As you can imagine, there are quite a few delays/cancellations across the AA system each day, and our forum would be quite cluttered if each delay/cancellation was discussed in its own thread. Thanks for your cooperation! /Moderator
Old Jan 23, 2011, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
AA 37 MAD-DFW 23 JAN diverted to Gander (YQX)

MAD 110P 4 U58
DFW D30 D D33 525P
4MAD/OUT1306 OFF1335 *0635
1DFW/INTMD LNDG AT YQX ETA1445RMKS MED FTWDP LESLIE B**** *1118
5DFW/DVRSN INTMD LNDG AT YQX ETA1445 RMKS PSVC *1120*QSDWDA
2DFW/PRE2038 *1429
2YQX/IN1515 *1247
3YQX/ETD1626 *1356
4YQX/OUT1658 ETO1720 *1429

Looks like a medical diversion.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
thank you for moving this...apologies

Originally Posted by JY1024

We've moved all the posts re: 2011 delays/cancellations/diversions out of the 2010 consolidated thread and into this shiny new thread.

jacknyoc and davork - Your threads have been merged into this consolidated thread for 2011. As you can imagine, there are quite a few delays/cancellations across the AA system each day, and our forum would be quite cluttered if each delay/cancellation was discussed in its own thread. Thanks for your cooperation! /Moderator
Old Jan 23, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Aa1954 lax-sfo

Equipment change as a MX problem was found just before boarding was to begin. The only frustrating thins was that the original delay was announced as 40 minutes as they had a plane on the ground. The actual delay was about 85 minutes, with 15 minutes tacked on 3 more times. So I wasted nearly 45 minutes at the game instead of enjoying the AC.

I'm only posting because this may be one of the first times I have ever seen a whole plane cooperate to get some connecting passengers off first.

The GA who met the plane asked if we could let two people connecting to a JL flight get off first. She even said one was in row 15 and one was in row 26. Kudos to the connecting passengers for not having 3 bags each, kudos to the other passengers for stepping aside, and kudos to the agent for giving us specifics. The connecting passengers were truly the first two to exit.

Usually they just say "we have some tight connections, so if you are not connecting can you please hold off?" When they say that, it seems like 80% of the plane somehow has a tight connection.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
aa 22 lax-jfk

inexplicably cancelled today 3 hours before take off. shuffled around to various flights until I could keep my upgrade. Had to miss out on quite a few things and was separated from flying partner. Annoying in general.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by bamboosensation
inexplicably cancelled today 3 hours before take off. shuffled around to various flights until I could keep my upgrade. Had to miss out on quite a few things and was separated from flying partner. Annoying in general.
ExpertFlyer says that aircraft N335 was out of service. Sorry that you had a rough travel day.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:56 pm

Anyone on AA8/Jan. 24 HNL-DFW?

The flight was cancelled almost 6 hours after it was scheduled to leave HNL.

I was wondering if people had to sit on the airplane for a few hours or if it every boarded?

Did it leave and come back?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:40 pm

Aa 1114 mia-lga 1/25

Cancelled about 30 mins before scheduled departure.
Told everyone was rebooked on next flight which left an hr later.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 6:48 am

AA24 SFO-JFK and AA85 JFK-SFO cxld today

Looks like an aircraft out of service. Sorry to those expecting 763 service between SFO-JFK today.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flight 73 ORD HNL Canceled (Mechanical)

There goes my warm sunny weekend! 32 and grey really isn't so bad...
Old Jan 29, 2011, 1:25 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

(Search term {"cancellation"})

as we obviously don't want a new thread for each and every canceled flight.

Cheers.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 2:52 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Japhydog
There goes my warm sunny weekend! 32 and grey really isn't so bad...
No re-route via LAX was possible?

Lots of availability for tomorrow. You could get there even sooner if you ask AA to overnight you somewhere on the west coast.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA

Originally Posted by makfan
Looks like an aircraft out of service. Sorry to those expecting 763 service between SFO-JFK today.
AA 20 was canceled yesterday for mechanical, and AA 17 and 177 were both canceled on Thursday even though the weather didn't seem so bad in NYC at the time. It has been a rough week for folks on the JFK transcons.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by biggreen

AA 20 was canceled yesterday for mechanical, and AA 17 and 177 were both canceled on Thursday even though the weather didn't seem so bad in NYC at the time. It has been a rough week for folks on the JFK transcons.
I got in and out today for my MR. This morning's AA 30 arrival was fine. Tonight it was snowing some and we had to de-ice for AA 17. We were also delayed due to late cargo loading.

There are all of 7 of us in J. There were two employees in J who were walked up to F after the door closed. They did the entire beverage/nuts, salad, entree and dessert service without a cart in the aisle. ^
Old Jan 30, 2011, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brp
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

(Search term {"cancellation"})

as we obviously don't want a new thread for each and every canceled flight.

Cheers.
Sorry!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.