Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA.com re-design: Monday 11/15/2010

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Running like a snail

Something is really wrong with the new web site. Runs very slowly on both IE and Firefox--so it is not my browser. So I withhold judgment until they get this thing running right.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Site is completely unusable in Google Chrome. I just get a blank page.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:11 am

Looks nice. I wish the "My account" tab showed activity not just total mileage.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:27 pm

Yep. Typical AA. half assed attempt. Buggy. Will be up and down. But yet, they will have a press release about a freaking skin change and probably mention the 757 upgrade program just to get a little more spin.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:48 pm

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 777lover
Yep. Typical AA. half assed attempt. Buggy. Will be up and down. But yet, they will have a press release about a freaking skin change and probably mention the 757 upgrade program just to get a little more spin.
+1 LOL.... can't believe they can't get the "remember me" function working (or if they can't, get RID of it!). It's a little of the Gary Hart syndrome... "look at us and our new website!!!" and it's just a poorly skinned version of the old.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO PP, AA EXP, UA 1K, DL DIA
The new website looks nice however I was expecting new features.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by lakid
Is it just me? I find that the new site is "freezing" in IE every so often
The hamsters that power the site give priority to EXP, of course.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by zman
I hope I will be able to pick my own booking class/fare basis as DL has had for years. Getting tired of booking/hold and having to call AA to change and than AA to ticket as AA.COM wants to change what I have to ??????, that it will not tell you to what, until after it is purchased.
You can already do this. Price+Schedule shows fare class in details.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 1:04 pm

I have been on the site for a few more times and I have to agree that it is definitely easier to navigate. I remember getting frustrated with the side navigation but it looks like it is laid out better
Old Nov 14, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by doctor15
Site is completely unusable in Google Chrome. I just get a blank page.
Huh? Works fine for me.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by mreed911
You can already do this. Price+Schedule shows fare class in details.
That is not what zman is referring to. On the Delta site one can use a drop-down to exclude certain booking classes. So if AA implemented that functionality you could tell the search engine to ignore certain inventories, IE all the .5 EQP ones.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by goldengate
+1 LOL.... can't believe they can't get the "remember me" function working (or if they can't, get RID of it!). It's a little of the Gary Hart syndrome... "look at us and our new website!!!" and it's just a poorly skinned version of the old.
Sometimes I have to use computers in Admirals Clubs so I prefer that the default is set to NOT remember the user's ID.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I've been playing with it since last night and I think it's a great improvement. It's cleaner, easier to navigate, and I like the tabs on top of the page. I'm using Firefox 3.1.12 on a MacBook Pro, wifi, and I don't notice any problem with speed, pages are downloading quickly. Much better improvement than what Hyatt did to it's gold passport site. Great job AA
Old Nov 14, 2010, 1:34 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
I like the new design finally I will able to find what I am looking for, but it takes forever to load in IE.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I thought I recognized that nagivation menu "bar" somewhere (down to the button ordering)... Continental.com!

All in all, a refreshing change for the better. AA.com seems as easy to navigate and use as before. But somehow I was expecting to see some of the brushed-aluminum trim that AA's been using on their advertisements and satellite websites (e.g. AA.com/joinus).

I still wish I could select "non-stop flights only" without having to go through "more flight search options", which actually is now more complicated than on the old AA.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.