Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Speculation: How long do you think the 1m/2m lifetime status will continue?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation: How long do you think the 1m/2m lifetime status will continue?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Hilton Dia, SPG PT, National Exec Elite, MAR Silver, Ex UA 1K
Originally Posted by Pakse
Howdy,

FWIW - under my "View My Upgrades" tab it reads:

2 Million Miler Oct 1, 2010 2

And it shows I was indeed given 2 additional eVIPs

Nothing in the mail or email yet.

Keep the faith,

Pakse
I reached 2MM a couple of weeks ago and received the 4 VIP awards (probably will not use them for myself) but still waiting for the letter indicating lifetime platinum.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold / Million miler
We have now passed the six-year "anniversary" of this (100%, completely fact-free, no-actual-indication-of-it-ever-happening) rumor:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...me-status.html
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
This is the e-mail I received a couple of days ago for crossing the 2MM mark. Also got 4 eVIPs in my account. No mention there of lifetime nothin', just "additional rewards"...

Originally Posted by Maya Leibman
Dear Pickles,

Congratulations on reaching the next Million Miler level in the American Airlines AAdvantage® program!

As the millions of miles add up, you are among a select group of members who earn this special designation. In just a few weeks you will receive a new elite membership card that acknowledges your multi-Million Miler status -- plus additional rewards to convey our appreciation.

We are gratified by your dedication and confidence in us. Thank you for your commitment to American Airlines and the AAdvantage® program.

Yours truly,

Maya Leibman
President
AAdvantage® Loyalty Program
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Pickles
This is the e-mail I received a couple of days ago for crossing the 2MM mark. Also got 4 eVIPs in my account. No mention there of lifetime nothin', just "additional rewards"...
As per most of the other reports, the lifetime status is detailed in the package that comes via snail mail in a week or two.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
As per most of the other reports, the lifetime status is detailed in the package that comes via snail mail in a week or two.
OK, I'll be on the lookout. On the other hand, there is some problem with my account and I haven't received new EXP cards since 2005, even though I've requalified every year. Only an issue once or twice when I wanted to use the BA F lounge in LHR and I was flying J.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:06 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Originally Posted by Pickles
OK, I'll be on the lookout. On the other hand, there is some problem with my account and I haven't received new EXP cards since 2005, even though I've requalified every year. Only an issue once or twice when I wanted to use the BA F lounge in LHR and I was flying J.
Can you update us when the snail mail letter arrives. I'm withing 60K of 2MM status which will happen by spring and I want to make sure the flying I've been doing the last 5 years hasn't been in vain for that lifetime Platinum status.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
I didn't get an email when I reached 1MM. Got the booklet in the mail after three weeks. It did state something to the effect of "lifetime status for the life of the program."
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP
Currently at 1,997,752 ...

Waiting for my last flight to post which will put me just over 2M !!
Old Oct 24, 2010, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mileage junkie
We have now passed the six-year "anniversary" of this (100%, completely fact-free, no-actual-indication-of-it-ever-happening) rumor:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...me-status.html
While true, that is of course like saying "I have paid for auto insurance for the last six years and have never had an accident, ergo I won't have one going forward."

The fact that something hasn't occurred over a period of time doesn't mean it can't happen going forward...

Regards
Old Oct 24, 2010, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by redrock
Currently at 1,997,752 ...

Waiting for my last flight to post which will put me just over 2M !!
pre-congratulations!
Old Oct 24, 2010, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold / Million miler
Originally Posted by scubadu
While true, that is of course like saying "I have paid for auto insurance for the last six years and have never had an accident, ergo I won't have one going forward."

The fact that something hasn't occurred over a period of time doesn't mean it can't happen going forward...

Regards

I think that's a poor analogy. There are millions of drivers and thousands of accidents every day. Because it's inevitable that many people get in car accidents daily, mandatory auto insurance is the law. Countless people WILL be involved in accidents each day...you just hope it's not YOU.

That's completely different from "AA lifetime status changing." I was just stating that while it's POSSIBLE, I don't think it's PROBABLE, because there has been no factual information to lead anyone to believe it's going to change. Like a lot of things here on FT...so far (actually for over six years now) it's been solely rumor and innuendo. None of this speculation has been based on any kind of actual evidence.

To me it's as simple as...when AA makes changes, they make changes. Until then....they haven't. Anyone here is free to prognosticate what AA will do in the (near) future and/or "speed up" their mileage earning in an attempt to "make it under the wire in time." My point is that anyone who thinks they have a limited time frame to earn lifetime status is not making that decision based on any evidence or facts coming from AA. Again, it's just rumor and speculation. (My $0.02)

Last edited by mileage junkie; Oct 24, 2010 at 11:36 pm
Old Oct 24, 2010, 10:36 pm

Also getting close

I'm at 1,978,034, with an 11,000-mile RT to Fiji for Thanksgiving, and 4 short-hop flights a week until then. Should be 2MM by December 1st.

While I agree that there has been no data supporting the rumors, I have accelerated my mile accumulation and will be relieved when the miles post.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by marcbecwar
I'm at 1,978,034, with an 11,000-mile RT to Fiji for Thanksgiving, and 4 short-hop flights a week until then. Should be 2MM by December 1st.

While I agree that there has been no data supporting the rumors, I have accelerated my mile accumulation and will be relieved when the miles post.
Welcome to FT!

And welcome in advance to the club, too. If anything was going to happen within the next five weeks, we probably would have heard by now.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by mileage junkie
Anyone here is free to prognosticate what AA will do in the (near) future and/or "speed up" their mileage earning in an attempt to "make it under the wire in time."
I'm about 150,000 away from 2MM and should be earning EXP for next year. If lifetime status were to change to miles flown, I would see it as a good thing for my personal situation. I'd rather delay receiving 4 EVIPs until 2012. As much as I do fly, there is no way I can earn EXP without some sort of double miles promo which may or may not happen for 2011.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
need the 75000 miles Citi promotion to reach 2MM

Hi, does anyone know how long after made qualified purchase does Citi credit the 75000 promotion miles? I would make 2MM after the 75K hit my AA account, thus I am somehow nervous on if I can make lifetime Plt before year end?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.