Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Expands NYC Service, Announces "Partnership" with JetBlue / B6 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Expands NYC Service, Announces "Partnership" with JetBlue / B6 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:23 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by Hayden
I can understand the limits to which flights are involved in this partnership. Jetblue's mainline coach product is typically better than AA's--seats a bit more comfortable, pax more distracted by IFE, so typically a calmer cabin. On elite-heavy routes like SFO-JFK or LAX-JFK where upgrades can be tough, I could see a lot of golds or plats going JetBlue if AA miles were available. Heck, I'd do it if there was a good football game on to watch during the flight!
I fly JFK-SFO. I'm AA Gold and I get my upgrades to clear.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 1:21 am

Programs: Grounded
I hope that this would lead to B6 entering oneworld. Unfortunately there's the great yellow LH cloud looming over a suggestion like that.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 2:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Nice try
Old Apr 1, 2010, 2:56 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Andy1369
Nice try
LOL, I thought the same thing at first, but here are the links:

http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....141&highlight=

http://www.travelandleisure.com/blog...ue-join-forces

http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/03/3...blue-alliance/

Now if only we can get Jetblue to introduce first class and join oneworld!
Old Apr 1, 2010, 3:27 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Isn't this the same thing as this thread? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...e-airways.html
Old Apr 1, 2010, 3:42 am

Yes it's real. And yes it was discussed extensively yesterday in another thread.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 5:08 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by MrPink
I hope that this would lead to B6 entering oneworld. Unfortunately there's the great yellow LH cloud looming over a suggestion like that.
While LH may have some influence with its 19% share and two board members, they don't have control over B6. This announcement today is evidence of that.

LH got involved in B6 as a hedge when they weren't sure of UA's financial status. Now that UA is looking somewhat stable and CO is in Star, the B6 investment is simply just an investment now. If B6 joined OW, LH probably would put up little resistance as long as it created value for their shareholders.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 6:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Another solution (I didn't read through all pages) could be for JetBlue to go European style, where instead of F, they simply block the middle seat in the EMR (Even More Room) section of the plane. This would in many ways be preferable to the 57 F. and certainly better than say, BA's business class intra-Europe.

On a different topic, B6 isn't at all set up for the frequent flyer mentality or the priviledges that should go along with the frequent business or leisure traveler. As someone mentioned earlier, the lack of preferred check-ins (or at least the appearance of such) and security lines present a customer service issue. If you are an AA J/F flyer routing through JFK and paying >$5000, I would anticipate a relative amount of displeasure at having to wait with Ma and Pa Kettle to check in at your original destination.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 6:15 am

What happens at DCA?

This morning I saw that AA would be giving B6 8 slots at DCA.

I saw DCA-JFK would be reduced by 2 but upgauged to a CR7.

Where do the other slots come from?

Does AA have slots that are currently unused?

I can't imagine AA cutting back DCA-DFW/MIA/ORD flights. They always seems to be quite full.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 6:26 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
From my point of view, questions about preferred check-in on B6 (in the context of a feeder into JFK for AA int'l) are esoteric. First, B6 isn't even in the same terminal as AA in some airports including mine. Second, AA would have to assuage concerns about the inconvenience of getting from JFK T5 to AA. If AA solves those problems and codeshares B6, I'm sure the preferred check-in question would be addressed.

Having had the pleasure of numerous AA ERJs RDU-JFK on a $5000+ C ticket connecting to AA Int'l, I'm not bothered by the absence of F on B6. The 190 sounds good to me.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by chuck1
This morning I saw that AA would be giving B6 8 slots at DCA.

I saw DCA-JFK would be reduced by 2 but upgauged to a CR7.

Grrr.......even with an F cabin, those CR7s are MX nightmares....always seem to be breaking down. They are one reason I stopped flying out of HPN.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
My feeling is the effects will be felt in the Northeast corridor only. We shall see.

Originally Posted by chuck1
I can't imagine AA cutting back DCA-DFW/MIA/ORD flights. They always seems to be quite full.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Well, what if you only earned RDMs, and not EQMs? This is what I'd be worried about if they just did a FFP partnership. AFAIK, Alaska is the only non-OneWorld partner on which you can earn EQMs.
I might still do it. Jetblue has generally pretty competitive fares on the route, and the lack of EQM wouldn't be a deal-breaker.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:46 am

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
Great news for me as a CLT based flyer. More of my travel had been going over to UA/US because of the AA cutbacks out of CLT (both LGA and STL were dropped in the last year - both AE destinations) Only mainline out of CLT is to DFW.

The CR7s are an upgrade over the ERJs on the LGA route as well. Currently US has a monopoly on the route (though Jet Blue flies to JFK and CO to EWR) Currently B6 serves BOS, JFK and FLL from CLT...would love to see more service on either AA or B6.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by chuck till
From my point of view, questions about preferred check-in on B6 (in the context of a feeder into JFK for AA int'l) are esoteric. First, B6 isn't even in the same terminal as AA in some airports including mine. Second, AA would have to assuage concerns about the inconvenience of getting from JFK T5 to AA. If AA solves those problems and codeshares B6, I'm sure the preferred check-in question would be addressed.

Having had the pleasure of numerous AA ERJs RDU-JFK on a $5000+ C ticket connecting to AA Int'l, I'm not bothered by the absence of F on B6. The 190 sounds good to me.
B6 doesn't even have preferred checkin for its own customers. There is no elite status and even if you spend the extra money for the special rows there is no special treatment. B6 like WN is a no frills carrier. Yes they have PTV and great snacks but its a big difference to the type of service you get on a mainline such as preferred boarding, checkin, blocked seats, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.