Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Expands NYC Service, Announces "Partnership" with JetBlue / B6 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Expands NYC Service, Announces "Partnership" with JetBlue / B6 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold

I guess we'll find out tomorrow:

http://nycaviation.com/2010/03/31/je...esday-sources/

(B6=Jetblue)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

For key links and info posted in this thread see:

• 3/31/10 (stillageek) - AA press release
• 3/31/10 (HeathrowGuy) - AA.com announcement
• 3/31/10 (amejr999) - JetBlue FAQ (Direct blog link 1) (Direct blog link 2)
• 7/18/10 (MAH4546) - JFK schedule changes
• 7/19/10 (hillrider) - AA.com Update
• 7/19/10 (dstan) - B6 Blog Update

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Jul 19, 2010 at 12:49 pm Reason: added moderator note
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:09 am

If this is true, imagine the next step. B6 joins oneworld.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 4:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Fascinating with the Lufthansa link... This would seem to be the listen-only conference call today, perhaps, and would make sense as to why it's listen-only from an AA announcement perspective. Link
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:05 am

No April Fools!

http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2882

AMERICAN EXPANDS NEW YORK NETWORK SERVICE AND PRESENCE BY:

Announcing Partnership with JetBlue Airways for Key East Coast Gateways and More Connections to International Flights
Expanding Marketing Efforts to NYC Travelers, Including a Partnership with NYC & Company
Offering 31 New Flights on 13 New Routes Combined from LaGuardia and JFK by End of Year
Adding Seven New Destinations Served by 23 New Flights Announced Today
Introducing, Enhancing Service with American Eagle Bombardier Two-Class Regional Jets
Investing More Than $30 Million in LaGuardia and JFK Terminal Improvements
Exploring British Airways and American Co-Location at JFK Terminal 8 for Easier Passenger Connections to oneworld Partners
Designating New Officer Dedicated to New York Market
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:31 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
So, if I fly Jet Blue on an AA codeshare, I earn Advantage miles??

Also, looks like they haven't loaded AE flights LGA/ATL yet. I tried looking at dates starting July 2nd. I fly to ATL quite a bit, and I'm looking forward to having non-stop CRJ 2 class plane service.

Last edited by greenwichgolf; Mar 31, 2010 at 6:37 am
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
American Airlines Expands NYC Service, Announces Partnership with JetBlue Airways

Read it and cheer (or weep, as the case may be):

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/nyc.jsp
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:33 am

There is no mention of codesharing. From the press release:
The agreement will provide customers with interline service in non-overlapping markets, which will offer them more choices and convenient connections. The companies are also exploring other commercial cooperation.
It's about interlining, not codesharing. So far.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:50 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
This is phenomenal news. The LGA-CLT/ATL fill the gaping hole in the ex-NYC network for my travel patterns (moving from RDU to NYC in May). I am, however, just a little irritated to see LGA-RDU go to dual-class just as I will stop traveling on it regularly. Oh well.....
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:55 am

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold
I started getting information on AA-B6s working together & B6 getting DCA slots late last night and once confirmed put it on Twitter around 11:00pm (@flyingwithfish).

Despite the now 31 e-mails in my box telling me I'm an idiot, its never going to happen, I've been taken for an early April Foos ride ... it official, the info I fed to NYC Aviation's site is correct.

Along with the information I received regarding AA-B6 last night also indicates that LH - FRA knew about this, but LH - NYC did not. It appears LH has threatened to dump its shares of B6 in response to the new AA agreement. LH owns roughly 16% of B6 with an investment of US$300,000,000.

Last edited by sefrischling; Mar 31, 2010 at 7:00 am
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by sts603
This is phenomenal news. The LGA-CLT/ATL fill the gaping hole in the ex-NYC network for my travel patterns (moving from RDU to NYC in May). I am, however, just a little irritated to see LGA-RDU go to dual-class just as I will stop traveling on it regularly. Oh well.....
i agree

no mention of mileage accrual & what about transfers
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
and news already being discussed in another thread, mods have been notified and will surely merge them shortly . . .
Old Mar 31, 2010, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
Read it and cheer (or weep, as the case may be):

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/nyc.jsp
The press release does not use the words code share and does not talk about AAdvantage credit.

Interline is mentioned, but not for luggage
No easy/quick way to change at BOS.

Maybe long term AA wil just give up all routes where B6 flies that are not AA HUB related.

Who is B6 tied up with now?
I think it was EI and LH (but not sure).

Nice to see AA go after DL (LGA/ATL)- About time
Old Mar 31, 2010, 7:09 am
Suspended

LH own approximately 20 percent of B6 and has a seat on the board. They also have similar cooperation on connections.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
It's a great time to be an AA frequent flyer.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
I suspect the fly in the ointment for me could be "On domestic routes where the carriers don't currently compete, American customers can book convenient, nonstop JetBlue flights"

Since AA is introducing one AUS-JFK, that presumably means there's no chance of interling from one of the 4 daily B6 services with protection for mis-connects and through checking of bags to international services ex-JFK.

For once I seriously hope AA cancels its token JFK service - then we might have real opportunities for connection from JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.