Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AAdvantage status renewal / requalification questions / issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 AAdvantage status renewal / requalification questions / issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:05 am

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by aktchi
If you can live without status for six moths, it would be best to do Platinum challenge next year after June 15.
What is the benefit of waiting until June 15?
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:09 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by qbrain
If you wait until after June 15th your status will be valid through February 2012, rather than February 2011 – you get a whole extra year and without pressure to requalify next year for 2011….
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by emilygrx
If you wait until after June 15th your status will be valid through February 2012, rather than February 2011 – you get a whole extra year and without pressure to requalify next year for 2011….
I am going to go get some coffee now
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:43 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by qbrain
Originally Posted by emilygrx
Not only that, if you start Platinum challenge on/after June 16, 2010, you'd be Platinum until Feb 2012 and, without doing anything, Gold until Feb 2013. That is plenty of time to wait for a DBEQM type opportunity to re-qualify.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Hard deadline qualifying year

I recently joined AAdvantage and began flying AA extensively in late October of this year. Since then, I've accrued 69k eqms traveling from the east coast to Asia. I have a few more flights scheduled and I've calculated that I will hit 100k eqm on an itinerary the second week of January. Disappointingly, all those elite miles will be reset on the first of the year and I won't reach EXP. Does anyone have experience with fudging December 31 as the end of the qualifying year? Is AA open to making an exception?
Old Dec 12, 2009, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Tugg
I recently joined AAdvantage and began flying AA extensively in late October of this year. Since then, I've accrued 69k eqms traveling from the east coast to Asia. I have a few more flights scheduled and I've calculated that I will hit 100k eqm on an itinerary the second week of January. Disappointingly, all those elite miles will be reset on the first of the year and I won't reach EXP. Does anyone have experience with fudging December 31 as the end of the qualifying year? Is AA open to making an exception?
No, the qualifing time frame is hard and well published.
But u will get a good start for 2010.
If in two months u received 69k in 2009 you should be able to make EXP in April for the rest of 2010 and 2011.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Welcome to FT, Tugg!

It sounds as though all of your flying has taken place during the DBLEQ promo period. I hope you registered for the promo.

I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone receiving the kind of accommodation you want. In any event, the DBLEQ promo is so generous that it's extremely unlikely AA would do even more to bend the rules in your favor. Assuming you registered for the promo, you've flown less than half the usual number of necessary miles. But there's always next year!
Old Dec 12, 2009, 3:38 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

The qualification period is the calendar year. There are no exceptions to that.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 4:11 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by HNL
The qualification period is the calendar year. There are no exceptions to that.
And certainly not to the second week of January.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 4:24 pm

Programs: EXP AA.
Pretty impressive Flying Start to your AAdvantage Membership.

Cheers Larry.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Thanks for the input. AA followed up on my request and they said it was a hard deadline and I'm SOL. This particular need to fly halfway across the world wraps up in January, so I guess I'll be happy with plain old PLT for the year to come.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Sing it with me boys and girls:

No, you´re never gonna get it
Never ever gonna get it
No, not this time
No, you´re never gonna get it
Never ever gonna get it
Ooh, Bop!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
wow 69k since October Doesn't your company know what phone conferencing is?
Old Dec 13, 2009, 2:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by tenn_ace
wow 69k since October Doesn't your company know what phone conferencing is?
Assuming the OP has signed up for DEQM promo, it's really 34.5K miles since October.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 4:25 am

Yeah. I did two trips to Asia in a month and a half, and got 70k EQM after DBLEQ. It's not so hard with the 2x.

Unfortunately, since there's probably no DBL in January, those Asia trips will probably only amount to 10k-15k EQM towards qualification next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.