Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AAdvantage status renewal / requalification questions / issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 AAdvantage status renewal / requalification questions / issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:10 pm

Programs: AAPLT, SK/G, A3/G
Originally Posted by bdemaria
True the BA T3 lounge is nicer than the AC, but there is *no way* the I'm AA GLD/soon to be PLT explanation will work for Galleries access.

This reminds me about a questions I have in a while.

With AA PLT on a intl iten you can use the AC or a partner lounge, but what if you are at LHR T3 where there is an AC alongside the BA lounge, will you be able to get in the BA lounge or will they tell you that you have to go to the AC since there is one right there?
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by ben1979
With AA PLT on a intl iten you can use the AC or a partner lounge, but what if you are at LHR T3 where there is an AC alongside the BA lounge, will you be able to get in the BA lounge or will they tell you that you have to go to the AC since there is one right there?
If you are on an INTL ticket with any OW partner and you have AA PLT status then you can access any OW Business Class lounge irrespective of proximity to AC.

Last edited by dstan; Jan 3, 2010 at 2:49 pm Reason: repaired broken quote
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP
Does the EXP desk make exceptions for EQM's so that inbound flights in early Jan 2011 count toward 2011 qualification if the outbound is in late Dec 2010?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by riteshraja
Does the EXP desk make exceptions for EQM's so that inbound flights in early Jan 2011 count toward 2011 qualification if the outbound is in late Dec 2010?
If I'm understanding this right--you completed the outbound flight, and the return flight begins in the new year--no.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 11:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Can people from last year confirm whether they were awarded status if they felt a few miles short? My total this year is going to be 99988 miles (12 miles short of EXP) and I am contemplating whether to take that extra trip or not.

I am aware that rules change every year, but I would still like to know what happened with those members last year who were in the same boat as mine.

Any advice is highly appreaciated.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by spsawant
Can people from last year confirm whether they were awarded status if they felt a few miles short? My total this year is going to be 99988 miles (12 miles short of EXP) and I am contemplating whether to take that extra trip or not...Any advice is highly appreaciated.
Problem with this kind of inquiry is that you can find anecdotal evidence on both sides, it can't tell you how AA will react in your specific case, and by the time you find out it will be too late to do anything about it.

If your mileage numbers are from GCM or another non-AA source, one helpful step would be to check the total miles according to AA's charts. Probably the easiest would be to email your PNR's to AAdvantage CS and just ask them if they will suffice for EXP. That may (or may not) cover the 12 miles for you. If it doesn't, I would be tempted to do something - either a new flight, or change an existing one.

Have you remembered to include 500 minimum for any short segments?

Last edited by aktchi; Oct 9, 2010 at 9:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.