Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2010 AAdvantage status renewal / requalification questions / issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 AAdvantage status renewal / requalification questions / issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2009, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
My father will qualify for EXP at the end of the month once AA posts the DEQM miles he has earned for November. That said, will AA update his status to reflect EXP if he calls the Advantage customer service desk now?

He is flying for the holiday's next week, and it would be nice for the new status to be reflected. (I am a UA flyer, and UA posts DEQM's every Friday)

Thoughts?
Old Nov 22, 2009, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by globetraveler
My father will qualify for EXP at the end of the month once AA posts the DEQM miles he has earned for November. That said, will AA update his status to reflect EXP if he calls the Advantage customer service desk now?

He is flying for the holiday's next week, and it would be nice for the new status to be reflected. (I am a UA flyer, and UA posts DEQM's every Friday)

Thoughts?
No. The DEQM miles post when they post. He will be EXP shortly thereafter. Nobody can predict what will happen if he calls now, but he is not entitled to it until the DEQM miles post.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gemac
No. The DEQM miles post when they post. He will be EXP shortly thereafter. Nobody can predict what will happen if he calls now, but he is not entitled to it until the DEQM miles post.
Interesting how AA only does a DEQM sweep at the end of the month... oh well- still a fantastic promotion, can't complain!
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:01 am

3000 EQM's from Platinum requalify, need help!

I need 3000 elite qualifying mile to requalify for Platinum by the end of this year, unfortunately though I am not flying again until January.

Does anyone anywhere have any new info on any possible way to earm eqm's without flying? I will do anything other than fly or pay AA $600 to keep status at end of year.

I know this question has been repeated in similar posts, but no new info added, and I'm desperate, can't bear to go back to gold

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by simhai
Does anyone anywhere have any new info on any possible way to earm eqm's without flying? I will do anything other than fly or pay AA $600 to keep status at end of year..

..I'm desperate, can't bear to go back to gold
To get EQMs you need to fly.

If you are as desperate as you say, you better get on the plane.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by Gamecock
To get EQMs you need to fly.

If you are as desperate as you say, you better get on the plane.
+1

Perhaps if we had a location, you might be able to get pointed in the right direction.

Good luck!
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:08 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

I know this question has been repeated in similar posts, but no new info added,
Any thoughts as to why no new info has been added?

Cheers.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm desperate, can't bear to go back to gold
I will do anything other than fly or pay AA $600 to keep status
Clearly not that desperate then
Old Nov 25, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
I will do anything other than fly or pay AA $600 to keep status at end of year.
Prepare to drop to gold, then.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: AA PLT,1.4MM
With the promo, you really only need 1,500 miles. That's easy and you still have until Dec. 15th to do it. What's the problem?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by dugknight
With the promo, you really only need 1,500 miles. That's easy and you still have until Dec. 15th to do it. What's the problem?
Really! I was 3,024 miles short from requalifying from gold. I flew to SAT and back through ORD last week to get my miles. It was exhausting because I was gone altogether 13-plus hours but it was worth it to me. The dude's gotta fly or pay or join me in the gold ranks. And hope the pay option is available after two double-mile promotions. I figure it will be but obviously no guarantee. Flying is a guarantee.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:05 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
a new take on fly or cry!.....to op....it ain't to hard to do.....good luck...
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.5 MM, AA Concierge Key
Originally Posted by brp
As noted, calling now won't help since they won't decide until next year...after it's too late to do anything about it.

Also, since they had two double qualifying miles promotions this year, they may be less inclined to let anything slide. I'd play it safe and take one more flight.

Cheers.
I think this is dead on. On the one hand it's only 60 miles, on the other they've offered DEQMs TWICE this year (which I believe to be unprecedented). So they might not be too forgiving this year.

What's your longterm track record with AA? Have you been elite with them for a few years? Not sure if that plays into their thinking at all. If you call, you might point out your longterm loyalty, et cetera.

If you're concerned, I'd heed the advice of others and jump on a plane. There are some excellent deals out there right now, so unless you're not near a hub it shouldn't be too painful financially speaking.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by dugknight
Originally Posted by clacko
a new take on fly or cry!.....to op....it ain't to hard to do.....good luck...
The "won't do" conditions here are priceless.

Even if AA did have non-flying ways to get EQM's, would they cost less than $600 or take up less time than flying ca 1500 miles ex-SAN? not likely. EQM offers on other airlines tend to require pretty high volumes of credit card spend or the like.

Oh well, for next year, there's always US Airways. They'll sell you any status you like, outright. no messy flying at all.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 6:35 pm

thanks for the helpful information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.